Heartbreaking news

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afghan woman Farkhunda lynched in Kabul for speaking out - BBC News

For me this is heart breaking news for a number of reasons. That a young women should be killed so easily, that she should be killed for trying to speak the truth and for all the time, work and effort we and our American police colleagues put into trying to teach the Afghan police how to be police officers working properly and impartially. This happens and they fall back on being as bad as the perpetrators.
I grieve for her and for the fact it seems we failed her too, we thought, hoped the Afghan police would be a proper police force. It seems not though after the demonstrations perhaps they may reconsider what they are.

May her memory be a blessing. she may not have known it but she was a warrior.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Farkhunda, 28, was beaten, hit by bats, stamped on, driven over, and her body dragged by a car before being set on fire.

Because of false accusations of burning a book. Words fail me....

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The police did nothing. There was a demonstration led by women who were so brave which led to back peddling by the authorities who are now they say investigating. That the police did nothing appals me, they learnt so much and as soon as this happens they revert to being criminals themselves.

Latest Discussions