Grandmaster Frank DeMaria convicted

Discussion in 'Horror Stories' started by Bill Mattocks, Feb 8, 2012.

1. jks9199

jks9199 Administrator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    Admin Note:

Thread moved to Horror Stories.

Jim Sheeran
    jks9199
    Assistant Administrator

2. elder999

elder999 El Oso de Dios!

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf Grandmaster

Regardless of the article. My thoughts is that we often elevate martial art leaders higher than what is healthy and by doing so we forget that they are human too and with flaws. On the flip side, not saying that this is the case with Fran Demaria, but "victims" can be flawed too. While I have not been accused of sexual abuse. I have had people young and old lie about me and claim to be the victim.

Now in regards to article, If he did the crime then he should do the time. Big win for a working justice system. If he didn't do the crime then we really need to fix our justice system because we seem to have accumulated quite a number of innocent people in our jails and prisons.

This was the first Rule that I was told when I first started working with children. Always have another multiple people around when working with kids. After more than 20 years I still follow this rule. It may seem extreme to some, but it beats having a child lie about you because they are mad at you, then to go through all of the legal stuff and damaged reputation. It definitely wouldn't be the first time that someone has gone jail or prison because someone lied (talking in terms of my safety and not Frank De Maria).

The thing with contact sports is that hands may unintentionally make contact on certain areas. Miss trying to pin an arm against a body and depending on who you work with it may be breast or chest. Grappling increased the risk of some of this contact. Some may recognize it as what it is, a missed pin while others may see it as inappropriate touching. So it's just always good to have other people around

OMG.. That picture didn't give me the reaction that you were probably looking for. It literally looks like one guy grabbing another man's nipples and the other going for the groin. lol. But like I stated before. Perception is everything