? for taekwondo people

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep, we used to do it that way too, but then not too long ago, the powers that be changed it so that we don't stop, but carry it through across the body. Generates more power that way. Still have to do the former in sparring though.

Hwoarang_tkd26

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Marginal said:
Yep, we used to do it that way too, but then not too long ago, the powers that be changed it so that we don't stop, but carry it through across the body. Generates more power that way. Still have to do the former in sparring though.
Explain to me in a little more detail on how your new way does the kick, with not stoping.
Because I always thought that if you didn't stop your kick then it becomes an outer cresant.
Actually I personaly found a great deal of power with the way I do it, it's all in the hip movement that generates the power of this kick (I have knocked several people out with this kick)

- Hwoarang_tkd26

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
It works about the same, but you keep the kick going if that makes sense. Could look like an outer crescent, except as we define crescent there's a verticle arc that's not present in the verticle kick, and we only do crescents as defensive kicks while verticle kick is offensive.

Hwoarang_tkd26

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Marginal said:
It works about the same, but you keep the kick going if that makes sense. Could look like an outer crescent, except as we define crescent there's a verticle arc that's not present in the verticle kick, and we only do crescents as defensive kicks while verticle kick is offensive.
Ok, thanks for explaining.
I think I kinda understand what your saying.
We have never trained doing our vertical kick like that in my school.

- Hwoarang_tkd26

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
i like my snap kicks but iv seen some way cooler kicks i just cant do them yet

Latest Discussions