OP
E

elcajon555

its funny the side kick is my least favorite kick

OP
G

Gaidheal

the_kicking_fiend said:
lol ok, i was getting worried you were dishing out 19 hit combos or something!

d
I can do that ;¬) In Soul Calibur 2 with Taki.

John

OP
D

DragonFooter

jumping double front snap kick followed by sliding axe kick...

OP
F

Fortis

I like the back kick but I'm still having trouble making it really useful when sparring. Tough to gauge distance when moving.

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

I use back kick as a follow up move for combos. I do a hook or something with a spin and then right when people charge for a hit when I seem to move away, I use a back kick. Very nice, works well, if not all the time.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
backkick spinning heel rake and of course the hook kick
God Bless America

OP
N

NW Boiler

hmmmmm have to say either a skip front kick or a fainting reverse side kick they seem to work well for me!

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

I enjoy trying as many techniques as I can. When I see an opening, I go for it. It all depends on the reach needed, the heighth, the angle, and the person's alertness. I've been using Hook Kick-Round Kick combos lately. Along with Twist Kick-Side Kick. And Punch-Reverse Punch-Inner Crescent Kick. Nice to change it up once in a while.

OP
N

NW Boiler

I like to use a skip front kick when sparring, also like a back kick and a reverse side kick

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Everyoneloves a good sidekick. I'd have to say though, That I enjoy a crisp turn sidekick a bit more than any other. To tell the truth though, whenever I connect with a good kick It make me feel good.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well my opion is like most people a love the sidekick and the back kick, I can generate more power with them,and in tournaments, well nobody really suspect them until it's to late for them, also my son uses the turn around back kick and the jumping sidekick works well for him, In a street senario I would say take out the knee with the sidekick ..... God Bless America

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not really a tkd kick, but I've had the oppurtunity to train with some great exponents of other styles and my jujitsu instructor has also been practicing an old style of karate for a long time and he hit me with a "reverse roundhouse"...i've seen a lot of kicks...but this thing just came out of nowhere and i had no idea what just hit me...how it works is this...for regular right roundhouse you have your knee parrallel to the ground and with your knee pointing towards the direction your facing (left)...but this way your standing almost head on to the opponent and your knee points to the right and your leg is still parrallel to the ground...your kick out just like with a regular roundhouse...just in the opposite direction...this takes really flexible hips...and i can't really do it...but it was just silly how easily that kick confused me..it started out looking like a front kick, then when his knee i thought it was a side kick, then it started looking like knifefoot, and finally it hit me and i asked what the heck was that!...anyways...just thought i'd share a fun story

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
For fun and power, I like the jump spin heel. For practicality in sparring, the sidekick, the spin side, round, and crescent. Oh, I guess I don't have a "favorite" in sparring. Because if I did... I would be predictable, wouldn't I? TW

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
When I first started,the side kick used to be my worst, now its my favourite.!

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like the Turning Kick, probably because even thou I am unflexible I manage to kick quite high.

I also like the Spinning Hook Kick.

Latest Discussions