? for taekwondo people

T

tkdguy1982

What is everyone's favorite kick as far as TKD? Any belts, doesn't matter. Mine, still even now are the front snap kick & the roundhouse kick. Like to see what other people think, white to black & above.

OP
E

elcajon555

for flashy kicks I like a lot of the jump on air spinning kicks. My least favorite kick is the side kick. I really like the front kick because it is the kick I can get most of my power and I like the wheel kick and the round house is ok.

OP
T

tkdguy1982

Yeah I enjoy the flashy kicks, even though I can't do them... lol... they are still cool to watch.

OP
T

ThuNder_FoOt

If we are talking single technique, I would say the spinhook kick.

If we are talking combinations, then I would have to say the round kick-back kick combo, or the round kick- spinhook kick combo. You can use the first kick like a jab... or you can really lay into them with it.

THuNdeR_FoOT :asian:

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

Ah, single technique...side-kick or twist-kick

Combination...twist-kick side-Kick...hopping roundkick...hook-kick roundkick...twist-kick round-kick...double roundkick(even triple or as many as possible without losing balance or too much power...)

Spins...Spin hook-kick, step spin hook-kick, jump reverse crescent kick, and jump reverse side-kick

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For red belt, we do a lot of spinning kicks. The spinning hook is a good one. I like the jump spinning roundhouse, too. But my fav kicks are usually the basic ones lately. Side kick, roundhouse and back kick.

OP
T

the_kicking_fiend

ShaolinWolf said:
Ah, single technique...side-kick or twist-kick

Combination...twist-kick side-Kick...hopping roundkick...hook-kick roundkick...twist-kick round-kick...double roundkick(even triple or as many as possible without losing balance or too much power...)

Spins...Spin hook-kick, step spin hook-kick, jump reverse crescent kick, and jump reverse side-kick

I don't know if you meant to say it like you did but I think your combination is a little excessive. Not in the fact you should stop hitting them after one or two blows, but it sounds to me like you're planning on doing that combination no matter what you opponent does halfway through it which is never good. It's important to adapt and a series of shorter combinations strung together (depending on their movements) are always better than one big long combo. Also the spinning, sounds like you might be a little dizzy after that lot! What do you think?

d

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

no, I was saying my fav combos...the ... meant new combo...I do double to triple kicks and one spin at a time...lol...sorry...

OP
T

the_kicking_fiend

lol ok, i was getting worried you were dishing out 19 hit combos or something!

d

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

Yeah, lol...that'd be cool, but near impossible...lol...heheheh

OP
D

Danny

Gotta be turning kick. Reaching out and slapping someone in the face with your front leg without ever moving your body. 99% of people never see it coming. :EG: And I just love smashing boards that way.

OP
F

Fonixz

Overall a jumping spinning cresent, but when sparring, I'll have to agree, the back-kick is great!

OP
T

Thrinn

*sheepish yellow belt says:* I like the sidekick haha

Shu2jack

Purple Belt
Reaction score
For sparring, it is a tie between the round kick and spin hook kick.

For board breaking and self-defense, it is the side kick.

For being in TKD, there are only 2 jump kicks and 2 spin kicks that I actually like.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My favorite power kick is the sliding side kick. As a Chung Do Kwan student, that was always heavily emphasized for us. I've seen guys get knocked back 20 feet with it. My favorite "other" kick is probably the back roundhouse. Great defensive kick and you can really level someone if they try to come in.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Also the sidekick. Cuts through 5 inches of wood, and the human ribcage, like nothing else. My second fav has turned out to be the 45-degree roundhouse. Great for catching people off-guard. :EG:

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

360 side kick happens to be one of my favorite side kicks...but yeah, the side kick in general happens to be the TKD signiture move...

Latest Discussions