for LEOs and all serving on Christmas

aedrasteia

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'll be on call tomorrow, as I've been for many years and I think of the folks here
who will be on duty - LEOs, people in the ER, firefighters, service women and men, counselors,
clergy and chaplains; everyone who has to or chooses to respond to hard situations
on Christmas eve and Christmas day.

I hope, for you as well as myself, that the night and the day are uneventful, even boring.

I hope we all end up playing cards or gossiping about the best eggnog recipes instead of dealing
with the terrible things that don't stop for anyone's sacred days, though that's never happened
for me before, and probably for you too. I hope you go home safe, to loving faces and good food,
or at least a quiet, restful place. And I pray that whatever you must face, you are able to bring the
skills and peace in your heart and mind so you can make the best choices in tough situations.

for many people, it will be the most painful day or night. I always remind myself that no one should
have to face it alone and ask for the grace and strength to be present in my heart and mind so I can see
and do the right thing, whatever that may be.

I'll be thinking of you all, godspeed and god yul!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll be on call tomorrow, as I've been for many years and I think of the folks here
who will be on duty - LEOs, people in the ER, firefighters, service women and men, counselors,
clergy and chaplains; everyone who has to or chooses to respond to hard situations

It's a long list, and I agree--thanks!

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Good luck brother. Be safe and don't die. All those helping make the season safe will be in my thoughts.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Happy Holidays and stay safe to all.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope, for you as well as myself, that the night and the day are uneventful, even boring.

I hope we all end up playing cards or gossiping about the best eggnog recipes instead of dealing
with the terrible things that don't stop for anyone's sacred days, though that's never happened
for me before, and probably for you too. I hope you go home safe, to loving faces and good food,
or at least a quiet, restful place. And I pray that whatever you must face, you are able to bring the
skills and peace in your heart and mind so you can make the best choices in tough situations.

for many people, it will be the most painful day or night. I always remind myself that no one should
have to face it alone and ask for the grace and strength to be present in my heart and mind so I can see
and do the right thing, whatever that may be.

I'll be thinking of you all, godspeed and god yul!

Agreed, everyone please have a great and safe holiday.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This year sucks for me I worked Thanksgiving Christmas eve Christmas day Nd new years eve. My wife's thrilled

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I feel for you, my friend and even tho' you do your important work in a country other than mine, I still offer my thanks that people such as you carry on when the rest of the world holidays - for without such dedication then the wheels would come off and we'd all be in a right state.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some day you will get enough seniority or rank to take the holiday off every once and a while. Like myself. :)

Stay safe and enjoy the holiday with your second family. I recall some enjoyable times with the co-workers when I couldn't be with the family.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some day you will get enough seniority or rank to take the holiday off every once and a while. Like myself. :)

Stay safe and enjoy the holiday with your second family. I recall some enjoyable times with the co-workers when Iouldn't be with the family.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i normally do but I was a detective in a different unit and was already scheduled off when the schedule came out this year. I got transfered back i to uniform over the summer and i didnt want to bump a new guy that already had taken off. so

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll be on call through Christmas and New Years, but fortunately I can still spend time with family and friends as long as I keep the Droid with me.

Looking forward to spending tonight and tomorrow with my sister and her family. :)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In 30 min my 4 kids will be preforming in a Christmas play at our church with my 6 yr old son and 9 yr old daughter singing solos too bad I don't get off work for 4 and a half more hours

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers going out to the folks in Webster, NY who are having a horrible Christmas Eve.

A perp paroled for beating his 92 y.o. grandmother to death set a fire for the purposes of ambushing the volunteer fire fighters responding to the blaze. 2 VFF dead, 2 VFF in guarded condition. 30 evacuated, 7 houses burned including the one the perp shared with his sister. The perp took himself out, but his sister is unaccounted for.

Sick, sick, sick...

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/12/24/2391863/firefighter-shot-at-scene-of-blaze.html
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/sister-of-suspect-in-webster-ny-fire-ambush

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Gee thanks carol for making me feel like a tool bag now for being pissed I missed my kids pageant

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gee thanks carol for making me feel like a tool bag now for being pissed I missed my kids pageant

Huh? Why did I make you feel like a tool bag?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Huh? Why did I make you feel like a tool bag?

You put things in clear perspective as you usually do. 2 firefighters won't be coming home today. I god willing will be heading home in a few hours.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No need to feel badly, Ballen - what man worth his salt would not be sad not see his children doing something so important to them at that stage of their lives? Perspective is important, true, but anyone with a heart would understand your feelings.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No need to feel badly, Ballen - what man worth his salt would not be sad not see his children doing something so important to them at that stage of their lives? Perspective is important, true, but anyone with a heart would understand your feelings.
I've been thinking about your post all day about your love may wrap gifts I hope I'm not out of line but that really hit me and put so much in prospective for me. Your truly a class act my friend. Although I don't know you personally I'm honored to be able to chat with you

Latest Discussions