for LEOs and all serving on Christmas

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You put things in clear perspective as you usually do. 2 firefighters won't be coming home today. I god willing will be heading home in a few hours.

Don't feel like a tool bag for being pissed. Its natural to be disappointed that you're missing out on something that is important to you. Kids need parents that care like you do.

Stay safe out there :asian:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep. Except we rotate day to night every two weeks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I wish we rotated I'm on days or midnight guys work 12 hrs 3 on 3 off they don't like the day work schedule. I kike rotation I hate day shift but my wife likes it if we rotated I could get the best of both

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just this now, and wanted to mention something to ballen. When my brother and I were younger, my dad was a police officer. He was a sergeant, and worked 12 hour shifts either 2 days on, 3 days off, i dont remember which. Because of that, he missed a lot of stuff that my brother and I did when we were younger, our sports games, a play I was in, a few school concerts, things like that, and a few holidays as well, so he beat himself p over it all the time. The thing is, we were ok with it. Not because our dad wasn't there, we didn't like that. But we knew he was a police officer doing 'police officery things' and saving lives, so we were ok with it. While everyone else was looking at the bleachers or through the curtains looking for their dads, we would only be looking for our mom, being glad that our dad was so important and helping so many other people as we did our things. And when people talked about their parents and what they did and how awesome they were, we both thought our dad was the best because of his job. Obviously, our view of him was skewed because of he was our dad, and we were little so we didnt have a full grasp of his job, but the point is we were incredibly proud we had a dad like that, and your kids probably are just as proud.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Agree kempodisciple. I do not recall my dad attending many events when I grew up. He was a businessman that traveled a lot. I never felt that he wasn't there for my sister or my mom or me. He was always there, even when he was away.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My dad worked late hours as a Teamster. He missed many events but taught me a lot about work ethic.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just this now, and wanted to mention something to ballen. When my brother and I were younger, my dad was a police officer. He was a sergeant, and worked 12 hour shifts either 2 days on, 3 days off, i dont remember which. Because of that, he missed a lot of stuff that my brother and I did when we were younger, our sports games, a play I was in, a few school concerts, things like that, and a few holidays as well, so he beat himself p over it all the time. The thing is, we were ok with it. Not because our dad wasn't there, we didn't like that. But we knew he was a police officer doing 'police officery things' and saving lives, so we were ok with it. While everyone else was looking at the bleachers or through the curtains looking for their dads, we would only be looking for our mom, being glad that our dad was so important and helping so many other people as we did our things. And when people talked about their parents and what they did and how awesome they were, we both thought our dad was the best because of his job. Obviously, our view of him was skewed because of he was our dad, and we were little so we didnt have a full grasp of his job, but the point is we were incredibly proud we had a dad like that, and your kids probably are just as proud.

thank you for your kind words.

Latest Discussions