Fasting and the Martial Arts Mindset

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
regarding The Final Solution.....come on guys...humor.......laugh it up a little........you all have your own final solutions and you are working them as i type this..........i just came up with that name for my system because in fact it is the last program that i will ever need......and we'll see who lives longer.........anybody here 55 years old.....somebody says they want a picture of me and nobody here is putting up any pictures of them ...........i got me a good before and after pic and and a good pick at 183 lbs on first upswing but why put them up so you all can laugh me down from behind your cloaked identities........anybody on here use their real name........i guess this is the way people like to operate online behind a mask......now i remember why i left all social media forums ten years ago...........

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
No problem guys.....you all would have ganged up against Rich Piana too and he would have stood his ground. R.I.P Rich.

i'll read more and reply more as i can.......i appreciate the feedback guys......also talking to others at the office and gym they are all against my plan.........i say go for what you know and best of luck to you!

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You know, a picture, or better yet a video of you training while fasting would really drive home your point. Are you able to train at a high level on no food?

oh mrt2 the man in lurking in the shadows behind his mrt2 mask steps up with a challenge.......let's see one of you big guy..........let's say you hadn't had anything to eat in 5 days.......at that point getting out of bed and getting dressed would be considered a high level of training...........a high level of training is traning at the highest level you can under the current conditions......

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I propose putting the question directly to OP. What style of kung fu to you train in? Do you have a teacher? What does he, or she think of your extreme eating regime?

i like this little quotemaker thing for easy reply........it's pretty cool.....i like the live chat rooms kind of better in a way though.......anybody know of any good martial arts live chat rooms?......i'm in a good one on fasting over at Slack.....Slack is really coming on strong this year.....

no i haven't asked the guys i follow on youtube, however, they all do use their real names and show their faces whoever you are.......

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That's not calling names - it's naming what he sees. It's not personal.

ok gp....what is fat Fu?

i don't take it personal guys, i'm just having fun.....hopefully we'll all meet up again in another thread and have a good old time......

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I actually like the name Final Solution for your program. I think it will be a fix for the problem...........the problem of healthy living.

Good Luck.

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
.the problem of healthy living.

i've never had that problem.......and time will tell.........i asked for you to list me any measurement that you use to measure healthy and i will get the numbers from my Doctor on 5/2 and post them here..........and you post yours here and maybe we will both learn something.

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This seems like it's too extreme to be a healthy approach.

i'm sure you'd say the same thing to that guy in Alaska who swims under the ice in the ocean with no air and only some cut off jeans on..............look him up on youtube..........you say tomato i say tomatto......

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Starving/binging is an eating disorder, absolutely no doubt about it.

ok so i'll call it something else then, because i'm not starving and i'm not binging.....you say tomato i say tomotto....give me some numbers you use to measure healthy and i'll post my numbers here and you post your numbers here.....but i may as well be talking to a wall as some made up identity....how many names do you go by out here?......you got multiple personalities probably..............at least i only have my one personality...............you could all be the same guy as far as i know except for CB! Thanks CB! Keep up the good work! Love the videos!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
On a serious note:

IMHO, it seems like you are going too extreme.

I think you would get better results enjoying a nice large meal then fasting a couple days. The rest of the time be more active and exercise/train. At 6'4 maintaining 185-200 lbs would be a good healthy weight.

Also, you can eat good and keep your calories around 2200 per day....you just have to teach yourself. I would think around 2200 calories for someone being moderately active and exercising would be a good starting spot.

You could also do intermittent fasting from 9 p.m. till 11 a.m....I know a few people your age that has had a lot of success doing that.

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You are drawing a false dichotomy. There are choices other than your current plan or being 130 lbs. overweight.

The number of calories your body needs to function properly depends upon you, your metabolism, your health issues (genetics), your activity levels, etc. There's not a magic answer. There are good and bad sides to fasting (and a lot of different types of fasting, all of which seem to have different effects), and I know of no good side to bingeing.

Thanks GP! Another real guy! This is getting better all the time. In fact it just doesn't get any better than this!

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Okay buddy you do what your going to do and ignore everyone's advice which you asked for. Really makes no difference to me

was asking for opinions and feedback no advice whoever you are.

Just having fun. Guys. Have to live a little eh? Just killing time before dinner.

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Live chat format is better than this format. This format isn't fast enough for me. Anybody know of any good Martial Arts live chat forums? Cisco Spark is the best. Then comes Slack. And Discord is pretty cool too. Just can't seem to find any good searchable indexes and Google seems to turn up nothing.

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
To me this is like verbal sparring. Nothing personal. You take some hits and you get tougher eh? I like live chat sparring better though. If anybody wants to meet up in my Cisco Spark Martial Arts Fasting Talk Live Chat Room leave your email and I'll send you an invite. You can really beat the hell out of me in there.

OP
DougKenline

DougKenline

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Also, you can eat good and keep your calories around 2200 per day....you just have to teach yourself. I would think around 2200 calories for someone being moderately active and exercising would be a good starting spot.

whoa 2200 calories per day!? well maybe i'll taper off more in that direction as time goes along......Practice without pressure....make mistakes....correct action.....

Thanks CB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions