Need some advice on a new martial art...

ADSR84

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I've been looking at getting back into martial arts for a while having done Taekwondo (ITF) for a number of years ages ago. In my area, there's quite a bit of Karate, Muay Thai, and BJJ. I was looking at Karate because I'd really like to get into tournament fighting. My question is, out of Goju Ryu or Shotokan (the styles near me) which is best for competitions?

Thanks!

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I've been looking at getting back into martial arts for a while having done Taekwondo (ITF) for a number of years ages ago. In my area, there's quite a bit of Karate, Muay Thai, and BJJ. I was looking at Karate because I'd really like to get into tournament fighting. My question is, out of Goju Ryu or Shotokan (the styles near me) which is best for competitions?

Thanks!
You may already know this, but bjj also has a lot of competition (tournaments).

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

From what little I know of Karate, Shotokan is your man.

Latest Discussions