"Every cop should learn BJj" Do you agree?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Except it does have "evidence" I've ready use of force reports. I've been on the use of force review board. Just because you dont see it doesnt make it so

I am sorry but I can't take in to account the evidence I can't see.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact its not a "system" every department uses what they choose to use. I know one department that solely teaches BJJ to its officers, Our department uses a system developed by the state Police. They review every instance of use of force every year and evaluate the training based on real world results then adjust to meet the needs.
I know other departments that teach a little boxing and a little grappling.
I know some departments that dont teach anything.
So I'm not even sure what "system" your trying to bash here?

That mish mash of good ideas from anyone with the authority to decide it is a good idea.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If it doesn't have evidence anywhere then it is an unsupported system.

A million cops using it is terrible evidence.
Haaaaaa so a million people doing it in the real world isnt evidence? ok man you win. all cops in the US Suck we all should thank God we even make it home every day. I'll report directly to the nearest BJJ gym for training. Thanks for setting me straight

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That mish mash of good ideas from anyone with the authority to decide it is a good idea.
That's how things work. We have no national police force or national standards other then case law. every department is free to do what they choose as long as it comply with state regulations

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haaaaaa so a million people doing it in the real world isnt evidence? ok man you win. all cops in the US Suck we all should thank God we even make it home every day. I'll report directly to the nearest BJJ gym for training. Thanks for setting me straight

It works in the streets is cried by every TMAer in the world.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And? Are you trying to say cops dont go out every day in the real world and get into altercations in the street?

Of course they do. We watched a video of one at the start of this thread.

Which started the whole cops should probably learn how to fight if they are going to do it for a living.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yet you are perfectly willing to opine and pass judgment about it?

Yeah. The secret evidence is always a big red flag. Especially when other systems seem to be able to create public evidence without issue.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Of course they do. We watched a video of one at the start of this thread.

Which started the whole cops should probably learn how to fight if they are going to do it for a living.
1 video of a cop....(who won by the way since he went home alive) isn't "evidence" that the entire training systems of U.S. Law Enforcement is flawed.

You know nothing about that officer. what training did he have? how old is he? what injuries does he have that may or may not have? what was the other guys training? there is far too much unknowns to use that video as the basis of your argument

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah. The secret evidence is always a big red flag. Especially when other systems seem to be able to create public evidence without issue.
Nothing secret about it your just not privileged to it I suppose Special Forces guys cant possibly be proficient in hostage rescue since their missions are classified and you dont get to see them on YouTube

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
1 video of a cop....(who won by the way since he went home alive) isn't "evidence" that the entire training systems of U.S. Law Enforcement is flawed.

You know nothing about that officer. what training did he have? how old is he? what injuries does he have that may or may not have? what was the other guys training? there is far too much unknowns to use that video as the basis of your argument

That is the evidence I can see.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nothing secret about it your just not privileged to it I suppose Special Forces guys cant possibly be proficient in hostage rescue since their missions are classified and you dont get to see them on YouTube

Restraining a guy isn't exactly a secret method.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Restraining a guy isn't exactly a secret method.
Tell you what Go test your theory walk into your local PD punch one in the face and dare them to arrest you let me know if they were able to arrest you or not.

You claim that's acceptable evidence for BJJ people can walk in and challenge the teacher well your free to do the same at the PD

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tell you what Go test your theory walk into your local PD punch one in the face and dare them to arrest you let me know if they were able to arrest you or not.

You claim that's acceptable evidence for BJJ people can walk in and challenge the teacher well your free to do the same at the PD

Ah. The death challenge. That has never come out of the dodgy TMA play book.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah. The death challenge. That has never come out of the dodgy TMA play book.
That wasnt a death challenge it's the exact thing you claim makes BJJ have "quality control" people can walk in and challenge the class. Well your claim is law enforcement cant fight so go prove it.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That wasnt a death challenge it's the exact thing you claim makes BJJ have "quality control" people can walk in and challenge the class. Well your claim is law enforcement cant fight so go prove it.

Ok.

Latest Discussions