eHarmony Off Topic Posts Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun (Sonnet 130)

by William Shakespeare

My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damasked, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress when she walks treads on the ground.
And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.

(It does work both ways... And, I think you're missing the point. When I tell you that you need to look in the mirror -- it's not to assess your looks. And when I tell you that there's ONE area you should focus on... it ain't finding your "one true love.")

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]words and music by Eric Idle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some things in life are bad[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They can really make you mad[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other things just make you swear and curse.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you're chewing on life's gristle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't grumble, give a whistle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And this'll help things turn out for the best...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And...always look on the bright side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the light side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If life seems jolly rotten[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There's something you've forgotten[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you're feeling in the dumps[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't be silly chumps[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And...always look on the bright side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the light side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For life is quite absurd[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And death's the final word[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You must always face the curtain with a bow.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So always look on the bright side of death [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just before you draw your terminal breath [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life's a piece of ****[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you look at it[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You'll see it's all a show[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keep 'em laughing as you go[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just remember that the last laugh is on you.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And always look on the bright side of life...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the right side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Come on guys, cheer up!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the bright side of life...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the bright side of life...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Worse things happen at sea, you know.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](I mean - what have you got to lose?)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What have you lost? Nothing!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the right side of life...[/FONT]

Thanks TEZ, its been hours since this post and the bloody song is still going through my head!!! Maybe some Scotch will help....:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
LOL. You’re mean. Yeah, that’s annoying….kinda like this one.

I have Glenmorangie, Glenlivit, Glenfiddich and Glenrothes here right now. I’m kind of partial to the Glenrothes. The advantage of being half Scottish, I get to visit, sleep at relatives houses and therefore have more money to buy Scotch! Funny thing is Scotch in Scotland and in Canada is the same price!! Though pop over to the states and its half the price!! Ah you have to love sin taxes.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I have Glenmorangie, Glenlivit, Glenfiddich and Glenrothes here right now. I’m kind of partial to the Glenrothes. The advantage of being half Scottish, I get to visit, sleep at relatives houses and therefore have more money to buy Scotch! Funny thing is Scotch in Scotland and in Canada is the same price!! Though pop over to the states and its half the price!! Ah you have to love sin taxes.

Hehehe. OK, if I ever visit Canada, I'll bring a few bottles of some good single malts :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My dad brought us up on Scotch lol, if we had colic or when we were teething it was a drop of Scotch! Once when I was about 12 we were on a ferry to the Channel Islands and I felt sea sick and yep, it was a drop of Scotch again.
When my children were babies they had colic so I drank the Scotch myself then fed them rofl.
Ah a pleasant discussion....I just know we'll get interrupted though! Perhaps we could carry on discussing Scotch or even return to the OP lol, either way we need to get it off the railway lines this thread is stuck in at the moment of being a stream of conciousness for one poster only.

Ken, slainte mhath!!

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
rodnovan1,

Dude, there is not one single piece of reality on this entire page from you.

1) Looks and money can help, but are not in any way necessary. Asking the OP about this type of thing are not relevant. There is not a single post here who has said anything that even remotely suggests it, so I would say that that is you projecting again. Not what anyone else has said.

2) Uh, Tez was playing along with a joke started by Ken Morgan, as she has been happily married for 34 years (I'm assuming happily, right Tez?), Ken commented that her age must be at least...? So Tez suggested that she married when she was 8, to lower her age in jest. The fact that you are taking that seriously as an answer shows that you are unable to glean even the simplest details from the written word. I mean no offence here, but that at least ties in with everything else, and I would be echoing the question as to whether you have been diagnosed with any mental condition, as there appears to be a lack of comprehension in all of your studies and posts. It could be as simple as a form of dyslexia, or something more serious. But I ould heartily recommend you look into it. If it turns out you are suffering from any condition, you can start to get some assistance, and maybe we can start to help you seriously. At the moment it is not something we are able to do, not for lack of trying. Please get yourself checked out.

3) Actually, the opposite comment has been made. I mean, even in the post you quote it talks about 3.5 BILLION women in the world, almost all of which you have never been married to, so that is saying that there are plenty of other women out there, and to STOP focussing on the one ex. STOP focussing on the one, okay?

I don't want to be harsh, as it really seems that you are in need of help (psychologically, possibly chemically). I hope you get it, as this isn't helping you, us, the OP, or anyone.

Plenty of people here have made the argument that one should focus on just one person and that nothing else is possible.

If you've really studied NLP then you would be able to make the connection. All you have to do is just listen to the way people talk.

My argument has been otherwise, but since I am not a psychologist and since everyone believes only in what psychologists say, then people have no choice to believe in what Dr. Warren Farrell said in his book 'Why Men are the way they are'.

While I think that his book is interesting and that the parts about how culture tends to influence us, I know that is only a small part of it.

That was proven by Ross, Milton Erickson, and Richard Bandler on more than one occasion and it has been proven by the business world for a long time as well.

Unlike everyone else I am not looking at the surface. I am looking at what is beyond that.

Ask yourself what you think might happen if you meet someone you are romantically interested in and you decide to get married. 20 or thirty years pass by and the looks and the money have faded. What reason or motivation do you or your spouse have to stay with one another and to keep the relationship alive and well?

Now that the looks and the money have faded, should they by your standards continue to stay with you or do you have something more that you can offer?

I'm just curious because unlike a lot of other people I have been looking at things from the personality side and as to what it really takes to make a relationship grow and to be not only mutually beneficial to one another, but also emotionally and psychologically healthy.

Stop and ask yourself as to what you think would be most important to you in a partner and as to what would be least important. Also ask yourself as to what areas you think were negotiable and that you would be willing to work on with that partner.

I don't know about anyone else here, but one of the most important things to me would be honesty. If I could not trust the person that I am with, then what point is there to be with that person.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of people here have made the argument that one should focus on just one person and that nothing else is possible.

If you've really studied NLP then you would be able to make the connection. All you have to do is just listen to the way people talk.

My argument has been otherwise, but since I am not a psychologist and since everyone believes only in what psychologists say, then people have no choice to believe in what Dr. Warren Farrell said in his book 'Why Men are the way they are'.

While I think that his book is interesting and that the parts about how culture tends to influence us, I know that is only a small part of it.

That was proven by Ross, Milton Erickson, and Richard Bandler on more than one occasion and it has been proven by the business world for a long time as well.

Unlike everyone else I am not looking at the surface. I am looking at what is beyond that.

Ask yourself what you think might happen if you meet someone you are romantically interested in and you decide to get married. 20 or thirty years pass by and the looks and the money have faded. What reason or motivation do you or your spouse have to stay with one another and to keep the relationship alive and well?

Now that the looks and the money have faded, should they by your standards continue to stay with you or do you have something more that you can offer?

I'm just curious because unlike a lot of other people I have been looking at things from the personality side and as to what it really takes to make a relationship grow and to be not only mutually beneficial to one another, but also emotionally and psychologically healthy.

Stop and ask yourself as to what you think would be most important to you in a partner and as to what would be least important. Also ask yourself as to what areas you think were negotiable and that you would be willing to work on with that partner.

I don't know about anyone else here, but one of the most important things to me would be honesty. If I could not trust the person that I am with, then what point is there to be with that person.

Personally I want a man hung like a donkey.

Now if that isn't a conversation stopper I don't know what is and I give up even trying.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Fine.

Point them out. They have indicated that you should not be looking at multiple women, rather look to establishing a single, monogamous, relationship, but that is not the same as what you are saying here.

As opposed to just reading books and missing the point entirely? I have made the connection, and the connection is that you are entirely wrapped up in your own head, and only see what is already there. And if it isn't supported in others posts, you are simply inventing it for yourself.

Until you can read, stop with the books. Your argument? What argument are you talking about? And otherwise to what? This sentence has no context at all, you know...

Uh, what?

You know, you're going in circles here, and not going very far each time. And stop the name dropping, almost no-one here knows who you are refering to, I do and I don't care.

But only to find what you are already wanting to be there. And that is worse than just looking to the surface.

Well, for one thing, money can increase with age, if you do things right. So forget that part of your equation. As to the rest, if you don't think there is any reason to stay with someone other than such superficial trivialities, you will be alone. Forever. So deal with it.

But if you actually need an answer to the question, love is something that can deepen with time, and in all my relationships they have continued or ended based on aspects entirely unrelated to looks or wealth, so I guess I would continue the same patterns (for the ones that continued, of course), finding new adventures for us, constant surprises, approach with a sense of fun and joy just because they are there... and in love, that comes very naturally.

Really, what on earth are you talking about? You don't really have any idea of what "my standards" are, but for the record, my standards are all for me to live up to, not anyone else. And yes, I have a hell of a lot more to offer than money and looks... not much money, to tell the truth. But at least I've got looks! And they'll never fade, hear me, never! (PS That was a joke line, mainly for other people, but I'm explaining it here for your sake, you seem to miss the humour in most posts)

Really? Could've fooled me... Okay, I'll bite. If you have been looking at things from a "personality" side, then why the constant focus on superficial things like looks and money, which no-one other than you have brought up, you realise, and tech such as NLP and game?

But first things first, get beneficial for yourself first, you cannot possibly be beneficial to anyone else until then. And it seems you have a long way to go before you come to an understanding of what it is to be emotionally and psychologically healthy. Get some help. Seriously.

Why? What is the point of this for anyone but myself and the women I am seeing? Dude, you have hijacked this thread with your own issues for too long now, the thread is about someone (who isn't you!) asking for anyones experience on a particular website, not your opinions and moral superiority when it comes to anything like your posts have been saying. If you don't have anything to add to that discussion (and that one alone!), stay out of it. You aren't adding anything, or gaining anything. So there is no point.

Then with your take on the whole of the human race being out to attack, con, and scam you, you're going to be alone for a very long time. But realistically, this is not what you feel is the most important. In fact, you don't value it at all. I, and many others here, have been very honest with you, and you have basically just rejected it and us. You look for a lack of honesty to support your views, and oppose any approach that doesn't fit. Or you decide that everyone is being dishonest and looking to take advantage of you. And that has given us most of your threads (pistols, awareness and self defence, bullies and liars etc).

If you want to keep seeing this kind of thing in people, you have no hope, and we cannot help. And there is no point us even trying. So unless you improve, I don't see any reason to continue this discussion. And, as Tez said, if that isn't a conversation stopper, I don't know what is!

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Having financial problems does not mean that a person is crazy nor does it mean that they don't know anything. All it means is that they are currently experiencing financial difficulties.

I commented on this thread because I have used eHarmony in the past and all that I was doing was sharing my personal experiences.

Yes, I have had a lot of negative experiences in my life both online and offline and even to this day I still run across people whom I do not feel are being honest with me and as a result I am extremely cautious about who I trust and who I don't trust.

As far as I am concerned a person needs to prove themselve's to me and not the other way around. Until a person proves to me that they are honest and trustworthy I am not and will not trust them for all of the tea in China.

If they can successfully prove to me that they are normal and that they are honest, then there is a good chance that I will start to trust them. Once a person screws me over though or otherwise gives me some reason to not trust them, then I will cannot and will not trust them at all and will basically scrutinize every move they make and because of the things that I have studied and experienced it is very unlikely that I will ever trust someone again that I once trusted and that is assuming that they can ever regain my trust again.

Unlike a lot of other people out there I am very committed to my morals and values that I learned from my grandparents and from the martial arts as I was growing up and that is something that I will not give up on at all.

If someone else wants to be stupid, naive, or dishonest then that is their problem and not mine.

Everything that I was referring to talks about the importance of being smart enough to not only believe in yourself and in what you are doing, but to also be able to find out what you don't know and to think outside of the box and that is something that is important not only in relationships, but in every other area of a persons life whether it be personal or professional.

Never assume anything, because if you do then you are only making yourself out to be stupid, naive, or crazy and that is why I try not to assume anything at all. I admit that there is a lot that I don't know, but there is also a lot that I do know as well. What I do know I know because I took the time to find out what I was talking about.

I also don't really believe in stereotyping at all. In my book the only place that any kind of stereotype belongs is when it comes to comedy and humor and only when you are around people that you know, trust, and that understands your sense of humor and can relate to what you are joking about.

I can't remember where I heard this at all, but one saying that I heard was to take your work serious and to take yourself lightly. Another saying that I heard was 'Think globally, Act Locally'.

The reason that I brought up people like Jeff FoxWorthy and Bill Engvall is because they both have some very valuable advice to offer. Jeff says that single people are entertainment to married people and I personally think that the is right about that because single people can basically do things that married people can't do.

Bill Engvall also has a good point to make as well and that is to not be stupid or naive because if you do then you will be a candidate for his here's your sign award. His point is that if you are so stupid or naive that you are likely to put on a shark suit and you get bit by a shark because you don't believe that they can hurt you then you deserve to have that sign saying that you are stupid.

I tend to look at it from an even bigger perspective because I unlike a lot of other people out there tend to see a lot of stupid stuff out there by a lot of people and it is really starting to make me wonder as to how stupid people have to be before they figure out that something like a shark or a rattlesnake can hurt you.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dude, I've known plenty of rich, crazy people, you're reading your fantasies into posts again. As to your posts here, you started with your experience and opinion of eharmony, that was cool, but then you've gone completely off topic over and over again.

Trust is not a matter of proof, it is a matter of faith. And it seems you have no faith in anyone being worthy of trust, so that is your issue, not anyone elses.

What is this about "unlike a lot of other people out there", how on earth do you know they're (or our) values or how true to them we stay? This self-agrandising is just sad. You don't know, you are just putting yourself above others to justify your narrow views and inability to understand. None of this is cool. Again, this is all in your head, so it is your problem, not anyone elses.

Oh, jeez, man. No. It is not about being "smart" enough, but there is no point going through what it is, as you won't take it in. Oh, and that isn't assumption, it is based on every interaction in which I have seen you or been involved in with you. And you may have found a lot of information, but that doesn't mean you understand it, or know it in the true sense. Cause you don't.

I don't even know what to say about the last three paragraphs... Who mentioned stereotyping? Comedians again? What are you going on about? Do you have a filter at all? Seriously, get yourself checked out, you are showing multiple signs of a mental imbalance, and it would be best if you got some help. To paraphrase, how (I don't want to use the word stupid here, as I'm not convinced it truly applies, so...) sheltered in your own head do you need to be before you figure out that this is going nowhere?

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dude, I've known plenty of rich, crazy people, you're reading your fantasies into posts again. As to your posts here, you started with your experience and opinion of eharmony, that was cool, but then you've gone completely off topic over and over again.

Trust is not a matter of proof, it is a matter of faith. And it seems you have no faith in anyone being worthy of trust, so that is your issue, not anyone elses.

What is this about "unlike a lot of other people out there", how on earth do you know they're (or our) values or how true to them we stay? This self-agrandising is just sad. You don't know, you are just putting yourself above others to justify your narrow views and inability to understand. None of this is cool. Again, this is all in your head, so it is your problem, not anyone elses.

Oh, jeez, man. No. It is not about being "smart" enough, but there is no point going through what it is, as you won't take it in. Oh, and that isn't assumption, it is based on every interaction in which I have seen you or been involved in with you. And you may have found a lot of information, but that doesn't mean you understand it, or know it in the true sense. Cause you don't.

I don't even know what to say about the last three paragraphs... Who mentioned stereotyping? Comedians again? What are you going on about? Do you have a filter at all? Seriously, get yourself checked out, you are showing multiple signs of a mental imbalance, and it would be best if you got some help. To paraphrase, how (I don't want to use the word stupid here, as I'm not convinced it truly applies, so...) sheltered in your own head do you need to be before you figure out that this is going nowhere?

Why do you have such a problem understanding and accepting that I know and have experienced things that you haven't?

By the same token you have also studied and experienced things that I haven't. I have never once attacked you because of that, so why in the heck would you choose to attack me because I know and have experienced things that that are different from what you have studied and experienced.

Part of creating rapport with someone is understanding what another persons similarities and differences are and in being able to adjust yourself accordingly so that you are in rapport. This applies not only to romantic relationships, but to everything else that you do in life.

If you haven't figured that out as of yet, then perhaps you need to go back and really study NLP in greater depth.

Unlike a lot of people here I have never attacked anyone for any reason, and as such I deserve to not be attacked at all either.

I'm not judging you, so you shouldn't be judging me. It's that simple and it does not exactly take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

If you lived in a bad neighborhood and had a lot of negative things happen to you both online and offline then you too would be very skeptical and cautious of a lot of people out there.

Maybe you haven't experienced it, but I have and I constantly see it all the time. I don't know about you, but some of the things that I have seen that are pretty stupid (and this is not even a complete list) are people driving at night without their lights on, people having sex while doing 65 MPH, people mooning other people while out on the freeway, and so forth. The amount of stuff that I have seen and experienced is staggering and I often don't think about it because I personally don't believe that is stuff that I should be actively thinking about.

The things that I am actively thinking about are things like my personal and financial security, finding love and romance, and of course doing things that most people would consider to be fun like learning how to play the guitar, going horseback riding, spending time with friends and family and of course spending time outdoors in the wilderness doing things like kayaking, canoeing, hiking, camping, and other related activites that one might do outdoors and that is just for starters.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not attacking you... that would be a lot more severe than the positively gentle I have been so far.

What I am saying is that you are not exhibitting any evidence of anything you are posting about in terms of your studies. None. So that leads me to believe that you haven't got it at all. And who said I was trying to establish raport with you anymore? I did that to begin with, you were completely off base, so I tried to help, you didn't take anything on board. So now you should be looking at my posts to you as being more rapport breaking.

But for the record, I have no problem with you having your own personal and individual experiences, I however am having problems with you thinking that having read some books, watched some DVDs, and thinking that you have an understanding of these subjects, as you continually demonstrate that you have none. Again, that is not an attack, it is just a statement of my belief based on every post of yours I have read here and elsewhere, as well as private messages between us.

And I will once again ask that you refrain from attempting to "educate" me in regards to things such as NLP or my knowledge of such. Yours is so sadly lacking that I cannot even begin to start to help you.

I haven't judged you. I have simply responded and reacted to your posts, you on the other hand have taken posts out of context, accused people of giving you advice they haven't given, implied non-existant arguments, and basically whined for pages here and on other threads. No, you haven't attacked, but you have constantly acted as if others here have been attacking you. I'm not surprised you have gotten into situations where you have been scammed, you have vicitm written all over you. You are being a victim even here where you are not being attacked.

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know who said it first, but I remember seeing a card at a TA in Texas that said 'Save a horse, Ride a cowboy'.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but if she is like most women then she is probably looking for a stallion.

Not a whinny-a definite "neigh!" :lol:

Most women would never be so cruel as to tell a man "it's too small," though they might think as much. They tend to work around such things, from what little I've come to understand of the female of the species..

...the other thing I more than understand, though, is that quite a few of them will say "It's too big!"

Though they're usually wrong.

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not attacking you... that would be a lot more severe than the positively gentle I have been so far.

What I am saying is that you are not exhibitting any evidence of anything you are posting about in terms of your studies. None. So that leads me to believe that you haven't got it at all. And who said I was trying to establish raport with you anymore? I did that to begin with, you were completely off base, so I tried to help, you didn't take anything on board. So now you should be looking at my posts to you as being more rapport breaking.

But for the record, I have no problem with you having your own personal and individual experiences, I however am having problems with you thinking that having read some books, watched some DVDs, and thinking that you have an understanding of these subjects, as you continually demonstrate that you have none. Again, that is not an attack, it is just a statement of my belief based on every post of yours I have read here and elsewhere, as well as private messages between us.

And I will once again ask that you refrain from attempting to "educate" me in regards to things such as NLP or my knowledge of such. Yours is so sadly lacking that I cannot even begin to start to help you.

I haven't judged you. I have simply responded and reacted to your posts, you on the other hand have taken posts out of context, accused people of giving you advice they haven't given, implied non-existant arguments, and basically whined for pages here and on other threads. No, you haven't attacked, but you have constantly acted as if others here have been attacking you. I'm not surprised you have gotten into situations where you have been scammed, you have vicitm written all over you. You are being a victim even here where you are not being attacked.

You have no idea as to what I have really studied or experienced as you have not studied or experienced what I have studied and to say that you have is being presumptuous.

You have no idea what it is like to drive a truck over the road nor have you any idea as some of what I have actually experienced in person out in the real world.

I would suggest that you get a book called 'It's not what you say, but how you say it' as it applies to everyone of my posts and it goes to the same thing that Bandler and Erickson have been talking about for a long time.

You're giving David D. way too much credit. He even states that he is not really good at it and in case you didn't know he was at one time a student of Ross's until they had a falling out over a girl. Ross doesn't like to talk about it either because he really doesn't like anyone that is not in his little circle.

He's good, but he is not the best and that is why I believe in surrounding myself with the best while at the same time actually going out and practicing what I have studied. Reading about something or watching some dvd's does little good if you are not willing to go out and actually put into practice that in which you learned.

Another concept that you should check out is the business principle called the Paretto Principle or 80/20 rule.

My focus right now is not in really trying to find a girlfriend or a wife, but I am still thinking about it. It is more on finding full time stable good paying work and in getting myself out of my financial hole so that I can and will have more time to actually go out and practice that in which I have learned from people like Ross, Mystery and others in environments that are reasonably safe. That however cannot happen unless I pay strict attention to security.

Studying things like NLP is great and I don't have a problem with it, but it is not going to stop someone from trying to do something like steal your car or beating you up or even worse. That is why I am focusing on trying to figure out as how I am going to come up with the money so that I can do things like getting my car repaired, getting a gun, and moving into a better neigborhood.

Until that stuff is resolved nothing can or will happen at all for me that is positive.

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not a whinny-a definite "neigh!" :lol:

Most women would never be so cruel as to tell a man "it's too small," though they might think as much. They tend to work around such things, from what little I've come to understand of the female of the species..

...the other thing I more than understand, though, is that quite a few of them will say "It's too big!"

Though they're usually wrong.

I've heard some say that it's the size that matters most while others tend to say that it is more the motion of the ocean.

From what I have seen, they tend to be either divided on that or just plain outright lying about the latter.

Tends to make a guy wonder a bit about it all.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Tends to make a guy wonder a bit about it all.

And there you go.........:rolleyes:

Dude-there are very few absolute truths. One of them is that women have secrets.

Most of the time (I think) it really doesn't matter. If they get what they (think they?) want in that regard, they consider it a "bonus," because a lot of other things matter more. In any case, you shouldn't bother wondering: if it's "too small" she isn't going to tell you, because they're usually not that cruel (unless they're kicking you to the curb :lol: ) there's very little to be done about it, and a lot of other things matter way more-like that "motion of the ocean,"..or how well you kiss...whether you can make them laugh with you....or what kind of person you are.

I wouldn't suggest that NLP is a complete waste of time, but you'd be better served at first by taking some classes in basic conversation-honestly. Paying attention to where they look when they're talking to discern whether they're telling the truth or not is fine and dandy, but you'd do better by learning how to listen.

As for "dating," I'm long out of that game, but hey-I always took them out to dinner. I like going out for dinner. We either had a good conversation and a good dinner,or we didn't, but either way-I got a good dinner! No auditioning, no strategy, just talk. If it's a total flop (like that one who talked the whole time-I spent the evening wondering how she got food into her mouth!) at least you've eaten well, you never have to see her again, and it's on to the next one.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions