eHarmony Off Topic Posts Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know, I've stared at this post for about 15 minutes, wondering if I should answer it. I'll throw caution to the wind, and take it point by point, and see if we can get something out of that. But before I do, I will just reiterate that you have bee given these answers time and time again, and still haven't taken a single point on board from myself or any other member here. I suggest you start or we may stop answering you. There is a limit to the amount of energy I expend, at least, and it is relative to the amount of influence it has. Here, it doesn't appear to have had much. But here goes:

I am not approaching things on this forum from a seduction, attraction, or dating point of view.

Yet you constantly refer to the game, the teachers in that field, make constant references to "the dating, mating and seduction..." community/game etc, and give us stories to demonstrate this aspect. Wrong place. See two paragraphs down.

I am approaching things from a security and business point of view because right now that is where I am weak in.

Not really sure what you're getting at here. You have rarely mentioned security other than a job you recently got, but questions about the security industry have their place here. I have yet to see any realistic questions from you, though. As for business, how is that relevant to this forum or thread? And how are you focusing on that, all you have said is that you would like to eventually get into the import/export business, with no real direction or plan, and no real reason to choose that industry other than you seem to think that it'll give you connections to assist in you travelling to Japan and training under someone like Hatsumi... if you want to do that, get a teacher near you! That is the best "connection" you can make in that regard!

But frankly, this is all very pie-in-the-sky, and I doubt that you have much chance as you seem unable or unwilling to make any changes at all, as you have been given plenty of advise and guidance here with no effect.

I am only stating what my experiences are and as to some of what I have studied. Everything that I started studying relating to seduction, attraction, and dating has lead me into studying business and things like sales and marketing.

Realise that not all of what you have studied is appropriate for here, nor even relevant. I have studied many other areas, had many other experiences, and there are many other aspects to who I am, but here the focus is on the martial art side of things. Your experiences as you have related them, and the various areas you have read about (I 'm not saying studied here for a reason) are simply not relevant, and have come across as such.

Because of some of the stuff that David D. talked about and because of the fact that I was an over the road truck driver for a long time I started studying ways in which to take some of the concepts that I had been learning from the seduction community and applying them to things like business, sales and marketing and that is what I am focusing on the most right now.

No relevance. Leave David out of the conversations here, as well as Ross, Mystery, Style, Hypnotica, Zan, Carlos, In10se, David M, David Shade, Dr Paul, Vin DiCarlo, Mehow, Juggler, Kezia, Gambler, Grinder, Erikson, Bandler, and everyone else. Martial arts forum, dude. Martial arts. The rest have no relevance.

All of the online romance scams that I became a part of started because I wanted to practice what I had been learning from the seduction community, but in the process instead of meeting real and decent women online I have run into a lot of people that were either crazy or scammers.

Then you didn't learn anything, missed the point, and shouldn't have been on there.

My approach to things right now is on setting up basic security and in doing that will enhance things like how I feel about myself both in business context and in a personal sense.

Won't work. You are coming from a place of deep insecurity and fear, along with a very deep lack of confidence. The "security" you would set up for yourself would be based on trying to keep yourself safe against imagined fears that will always be there, and therefore simply feed into that lack of confidence and fear, reinforcing it. Wrong approach.

This, by the way, is the fear you have been reading in other people's posts, as it has simply not been in their words. It has always been coming from you.

Part of the personal issue is in my ability to defend and protect myself not only in business situations, but also in personal situations as well and not just from a physical standpoint, but also from a mental standpoint and it is not related to just women, but to men also as I have not only been accused by people for things that I haven't done at all, but I have also have had things stolen from me, my car vandalized, and I have even had one girl in my neighborhood steal my necklace from my neck because I would not take her somewhere in my car.

This all comes down to confidence again. And the best way to get that is to allow yourself to go out and experience life, not by hiding behind these fantasies of protection (a black belt will not protect you, it is just a piece of cloth, a gun will not defend you, it will most likely get you in trouble, and for the love of all that is good and well in the world, a cobra in your car? You have to be kidding, right? But we'll visit that in a bit). You will have success and problems, but the point is that you will have experience to learn from. But you have to learn, and you can do that from experiences.

As far as I am concerned I am not the grocery store, the phone company, a taxi service, or even a cigarette shop.

Change the attitude. A generous spirit is a good thing, a scrooge will be looked upon as weak, and be an even greater potential target. It shows a huge lack of control over yourself, as well as a deep fear of being taken advantage of. The irony is that it is just that projection that will attract more people to you to scam and con you.

Just recently I ran into a situation in my neighborhood that kind of concerned me in which some guys from across the courtyard had asked me for a cigarette. I told them that I did not have any because I don't like giving out things to people and not getting anything in return.

Someone asked you for cigarettes, and that is worthy of concern? That is the fear I am talking about. And again, the attitude is off. I don't want to bring the PUA stuff in here, but the idea of not jumping through hoops is a way of demonstrating confidence, to not do it because of fear or being a scrooge is the complete opposite of what is meant.

One of the guys came up so close to me that I felt that my personal space was being invaded and as a result I really started to think that I was going to have to deliver a back kick to the guy.

Okay, you really need to relax here. He got so close that you felt he was invading your personal space, and you thought you may have to "deliver a back kick to the guy"? If you had the room for a back kick he ain't that close. If he's close enough to hit you, he's too close for that kick. And you simply haven't managed the distance, in other words you have too many gaps in your social boundaries and you allowed him in. Again, lack of confidence, and fear (of repercussions, social or violent).

So did you think of the back kick while he was there, which would mean that you were getting yourself worked up and anxious, not paying any attention to the reality of the situation in front of you, or was it afterwards when you thought back to it which is you overanalysing a situation you felt powerless in, and over-reacting after the fact. Again, fear. And fantasy. Oh, and so you know ninjutsu doesn't have such kick (at least not in the way you're meaning), so this just shows that despite your tapes and your profile statement, your primary art is not ninjutsu at all. Just a point. Actually you know what, don't answer those ones. There's no point.

Because of the vandalism and attempted thefts of my car I have kind of wished that there was some way of putting something like a Cobra or a rattlesnake in my car just to keep my car from being broken into.

This screams a fearful fantasy. Get a good car alarm. Probably cost as much as a cobra, and you don't have to feed it or worry about it biting you. Seriously, what is the point of this idea? You're just coming off as quite delusional.

I don't know about you, but I personally think that if a person were to see something like a Cobra in a car then they would definitely not want to even try to break into the car because I personally think that they would have a very difficult time explaining to both the doctors and to the cops as to how they got bitten.

Pointless. See above.

It's not a bad idea, but there are problems with that idea. Two of the big problems that I see with them are the law and of course the problem of as to how you would prevent the Cobra or rattlesnake from bitting you when you decided that you needed to go somewhere. Of the two idea's I think that the Cobra would be the best deterent because of it's classical dance that it does with it's hood open.

No, the problem is it is a completely fantasy based responce to an imagined potential future problem. Your car may have been broken into in the past, it may be again in the future, but you are fantasising here. Absolutely pointless waste of energy.

Oh, and a rattler is an ambush predator, it probably wouldn't be seen as it would be hiding under the seat to bite whoever sat down.

I don't know about you, but I can just imagine the kind of conversation that might occur between a thief, the doctor and the police when asked as to how he got bitten.

And the big word to pay attention to there is "imagine". That is all you are doing. And it is the same as saying you can imagine the conversation if you drew a lightsaber and carved your initials into their forehead. Thoroughly pointless. There is no reason for this to be in any post here other than for comedic value, although as you have said the same thing in other threads I fear that it isn't.

In my mind the conversation would be something along the lines of 'I got bit while trying to steal a car'. Ok, now maybe I am wrong, but I personally think that would be more than enough evidence for the cops to want to take the guy into custody once he is well enough to do so. Assuming that the snake did bite him and did not just happen to scare the living tar out of him.

Wow, I thought even you might have stopped this completely ridiculous train of thought before now... Last time, everybody... POINTLESS!

Because of everything that I have experienced and seen I have become a very, very skeptical person and as such I just don't believe everything that everyone says. At the same time however I try to look for the good in people and because of what I have studied relating to NLP I tend to believe that anything you put your mind to is possible.

No, you look for the lack of good. You only focus on the good aspects to notice their absence. And the NLP has done nothing for you except possibly increase your vocabulary a bit. And that has only deepened your misinterpretations.

Because of some of the people that I have run across in the past and because of my interest in the whole dating, mating and relating game I have also started to study things like psychology and the enneagram and according to psychologists all people are crazy and in severe need of medication.

Maybe not everybody, but if you are seeing it in everybody then I would suggest looking closer to home... and the psychology thing has had about the same impact as the NLP has. Stop until you have someone who can actually guide you through it, and if they say you shouldn't be involved, listen to them. I fear that may be the case. NLP is not for everybody, you know.

I personally think that they are the ones that are crazy and that they are completely missing the big picture as they are not taking into account things like culture and personality at all into their equation. All that they are doing is looking for the negative and are not taking into account that some of people's behavior is and can be attributed to how they think and feel about themselve's and other's as well their environment.

Well, this is pretty classic projection, really. You are now saying that professional psychologists have it all wrong and you know better? Really? I don't know, I would tend to take the opinions of the professional over you, no offence, but I feel they may actually have some understanding of the subjects. Get some reality. And some of that professional help you don't trust.

Simple common sense says that if you take the average person and put them in some place where there is high crime then fear can and will take over and that can cause them to potentially fight. That is the fight or flight syndrome.

No, that is not the fight or flight syndrome. The fight or flight responce (note the different word here...) relates to the process and responce brought on by the effects of a sudden adrenaline dump, and is influenced by such things as relative distance, and exposure to adrenalised situations (previous experience). And, no, common sense does not say that fear will take over. The individual in question will hopefully kick up their awareness, but living in that kind of fear constantly will overload the body and lead to some real health issues, so you will find that most people will not have the "fear take over". You, on the other hand, are assuming that everyone else will do what you are doing, and that is normal for everyone, but I have to tell you, it just isn't. And if you had understood the first thing about the psychology you had read about, that may have already dawned on you as well.

Those same emotions and instincts also effect and influence how people think and act in other situations as well and that is what I have been saying all along.

No, what you have been sayin gall along is that everyone should react the way you have, and frankly, the way you have reacted is not particularly sane. But to say that people act according to the influence of their emotions and instincts is just parroting words you haven't understood. Now, if you could explain how a particular emotion or instinct affected someone, that would be different, but what you have said is basically the equivalent of saying that words said affect what is heard, and the words said back. Well, yes. What's your point?

If for example you go to a comedy club with some friends that you know and trust or you are in an environment in which you feel you will not be adversely judged for being yourself then it is a lot easier for you to open up and to share things with friends and family like your thoughts, dreams, attitudes, and opinions about certain things and it is also generally a lot easier for you to be able to feel comfortable doing things like laughing and making jokes.

Again, really, what is your point? You feel more comfortable around people you feel more comfortable around? Is that it? What has this to do with anything discussed so far?

I've also learned that things like NLP can be used in business situations to help to overcome objections because people tend to think very negative and I have personally experienced that myself in various situations.

No, missed the point. People actually tend to think positively, you can clue into that and generate responces you want, by doing things such as false negatives, creating yes-ladders, and disguising your words as outside concepts, rather than personalised. But if you can't get your head around NLP's most basic concepts there, don't go around trying it. You'll get uncontrolled results, and that can lead to some very bad situations. Stop.

Besides, the best use for NLP is not on others, it is on yourself. If you are going to do anything, look to yourself only. I repeat, yourself ONLY.

One such situation was a job interview that I was in for a job in which I was being interviewed by a woman. This occured on more than one occasion. In one case I was asked to sell the woman a hypothetical car, yet the job did not have anything to do with selling cars. The job that I was at that time applying for was that of a customer service representative at Victoria's Secret Direct in their call center here in New Mexico.

This is a common enough test to see how eloquent you are, how you handle objections, how you manage to think on your feet etc. Doesn't matter what the job was, Victoria's Secret or MacDonalds.

I did not get the job because I failed to ask her the right questions that would get her to picture the car in her mind and as to what was important to her in a car in terms of features and amenities. Had I been better with my questioning at the time then it is very possible that I could have talked her into wanting to by the hypothetical car and into wanting to hire me for the job.

No, you didn't get the job for other reasons. I don't think it had anything to do with you not qualifying the interviewer properly for a car. I would say that there are many other factors that would have stopped her from hiring you, and NLP would not have helped at all.

Okay, that was rather involved. But it seems that this thread has been completely hijacked, and hopefully we can put an end to it now. rdonovan1, this is enough, really. I ask that you stick to the thread topics in future, as you have a way to go in your forum etiquette. So I actually recommend you don't answer this post, although I will welcome anything you wish to say via PM, as this thread has been off it's rails for too long now, and this is not the first time it has happened with you.

Hopefully we can get better from here. Remember, everything I have said, as well as others, has been to help you. But you need to start to take it on board, or else I don't see much that you are really getting out of this.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to know where this 'seduction community' is that Mr Donovan speaks of!! perhaps he's been to Catterick!

OK to be crude here, I work on the largest garrison in the world (wikipedia says so!) and we get women travelling quite a long way just to shag soldiers! No, not for money, we don't have any prostitutes here as theres too many doing it for free rofl. If dating, seduction etc is a game I don't know what the hell you'd call whats going on here! women don't think anything of grabbing a guy and saying 'your place then'. We stopped a taxi one night full of army nurses and found a guy shoved in the boot (the thing you keep luggage in in cars lol) he was terrified, it sounds like a fantasy being kidnapped by women but quite scary when it happens.Said nurses now in Afghanistan btw.
A favourite thing for the Barclays bank staff on Monday mornings is to view the CCTV tapes in their foyer where the ATM is, it's full of couples 'at it' as they say.
Sometimes you can't walk round without falling over couples lol! there's drunk squaddies offering you a piece of pizza from the takeaway or some of their curry. One chap dropped his curry on the ground, scooped it up then carried on eating, probably a bit like army rations but it doesn't clog you up lol!
A favourite trick of all squaddies of every rank is the Zulu warrior, there's a song thats sung while the lad strips. My other half broke his nose once doing it on a table but he fell off trying to take a sock off.
When I go home in the morning at about half six after a night shift you can see all the squaddies on their 'walk of shame', they've gone home with a woman and had to walk back to their camps. Great fun!

There, I hope thats changed the subject for you guys! :angel:

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I want to know where this 'seduction community' is that Mr Donovan speaks of!! perhaps he's been to Catterick!

OK to be crude here, I work on the largest garrison in the world (wikipedia says so!) and we get women travelling quite a long way just to shag soldiers! No, not for money, we don't have any prostitutes here as theres too many doing it for free rofl. If dating, seduction etc is a game I don't know what the hell you'd call whats going on here! women don't think anything of grabbing a guy and saying 'your place then'. We stopped a taxi one night full of army nurses and found a guy shoved in the boot (the thing you keep luggage in in cars lol) he was terrified, it sounds like a fantasy being kidnapped by women but quite scary when it happens.Said nurses now in Afghanistan btw.
A favourite thing for the Barclays bank staff on Monday mornings is to view the CCTV tapes in their foyer where the ATM is, it's full of couples 'at it' as they say.
Sometimes you can't walk round without falling over couples lol! there's drunk squaddies offering you a piece of pizza from the takeaway or some of their curry. One chap dropped his curry on the ground, scooped it up then carried on eating, probably a bit like army rations but it doesn't clog you up lol!
A favourite trick of all squaddies of every rank is the Zulu warrior, there's a song thats sung while the lad strips. My other half broke his nose once doing it on a table but he fell off trying to take a sock off.
When I go home in the morning at about half six after a night shift you can see all the squaddies on their 'walk of shame', they've gone home with a woman and had to walk back to their camps. Great fun!

There, I hope thats changed the subject for you guys! :angel:
Ha , sounds like New Years Eve on Bondi Beach with all the British back packers running amok.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is though these lads find life simple. Booze, women, fighting, motorbikes, football, mates, fast cars, good craic and it's damn good to be alive because next tour in Afghan they may not be. Moral of story, live life to the full, eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to say I'm impressed with the time and energy some posters are spending trying to help rdonovan out. Rdonovan, you need to keep trying, its a bit of a numbers game. I've had lots of bad experiences with online matchmaking. The one that worked out and is in fact my wife of over four years was one I never thought would amount to anything but being an email penpal. This freed me in a way, I just wrote about my life, warts and all. I was making $30,000 a year as a security officer, needed to lose a lot of weight, and she was in the process of moving across the state of Washington. We emailed back and forth, had our first date at the Seattle Aquarium. During the summer she came back to the Puget Sound area on summer break from college and we spent a lot of time together including weeks camping. That's when our realationship got serious. The monday before Thanksgiving of that year I proposed, we got married the next summer and have been happily married ever since. There are good ones out there, you need to keep trying and be yourself-warts and all. I know you have problems, but if the woman loves you she will accept you. I would forget about the ex girlfriend, she's married, it's over.

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone ever happened to think of asking the OP what he looks like and as to how much money he actually has as those are the two most important criteria that every guy needs and that every girl looks for.

Everything is all about looks and money. If you don't look like a movie star and make over a million dollars a year then you are basically screwed.

Some people say that personality is more important than anything, but based upon the posts here it is obvious that is not true because as long as you have the looks and the money then you can have a personality like a boulder and still attract women without any problem at all.

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I got married when I was 8?

There's a video of me over on the MMA section under the title first female MMA ref outside the States or something like that, I'm the female in the cage with two men, nice work if you can get it!

The trick to staying together that long is marry a serviceman who is away alot and then when he comes out work separate shifts lol, I'm sure in total we've actually only been together a couple of years lol! It works though, you don't run out of things to say, service life is not for everyone though you have to be independant if you are to survive it as a wife.

How does anyone get married when they are 8. I don't know what it is like in your country, but in the United States the earliest that two people can get married is 16 and that is with parental consent. Outside of that it has to be at least age 18 for a couple to get married by law in the United States without parental consent.

OP
R

rdonovan1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
She’s moved on, so should you.

What, don’t you think everyone here has gone through heartache??? Do you think you’re the only one who lost someone special????

Again, one last time, there are 3.5 billion women in the world. There is another special person out there.

The argument has been made here by everyone that I should be focusing on one and only one and should forget anything else beyond that.

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rdonovan, did you read my post? I wasn't making that much money and I was overweight and she married me. She did think I was good looking, but it was more that we made each other better persons, had a lot of common interests, just really clicked very well overall, and most important of all we fell in love with each other, and are still in love with each other after four years. Click 5, scroll down to the bottom and read my post, not all women are only interested in looks and money.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Everything is all about looks and money. If you don't look like a movie star and make over a million dollars a year then you are basically screwed.

Rdonovan, you've come back to this sentiment repeatedly since joining MT regardless of all the responses and anecdotes to the contrary. I think it's just that you want to believe this for whatever reason. Clearly this belief makes you unhappy. Why cling to it when you've been shown so many alternatives? I won't presume to answer this for you, but I think you could profit a lot by examining this ...

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
rodnovan1,

Dude, there is not one single piece of reality on this entire page from you.

1) Looks and money can help, but are not in any way necessary. Asking the OP about this type of thing are not relevant. There is not a single post here who has said anything that even remotely suggests it, so I would say that that is you projecting again. Not what anyone else has said.

2) Uh, Tez was playing along with a joke started by Ken Morgan, as she has been happily married for 34 years (I'm assuming happily, right Tez?), Ken commented that her age must be at least...? So Tez suggested that she married when she was 8, to lower her age in jest. The fact that you are taking that seriously as an answer shows that you are unable to glean even the simplest details from the written word. I mean no offence here, but that at least ties in with everything else, and I would be echoing the question as to whether you have been diagnosed with any mental condition, as there appears to be a lack of comprehension in all of your studies and posts. It could be as simple as a form of dyslexia, or something more serious. But I ould heartily recommend you look into it. If it turns out you are suffering from any condition, you can start to get some assistance, and maybe we can start to help you seriously. At the moment it is not something we are able to do, not for lack of trying. Please get yourself checked out.

3) Actually, the opposite comment has been made. I mean, even in the post you quote it talks about 3.5 BILLION women in the world, almost all of which you have never been married to, so that is saying that there are plenty of other women out there, and to STOP focussing on the one ex. STOP focussing on the one, okay?

I don't want to be harsh, as it really seems that you are in need of help (psychologically, possibly chemically). I hope you get it, as this isn't helping you, us, the OP, or anyone.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spot on Chris, it was definitely a joke and it is worrying that anyone could take it seriously.
I would say I'm happily married, like most marriages it's had it's up and down but you get through them if you want to and we did. I wouldn't say my other half is handsome and he certaily did't have a lot of money when I met him, he was serving in the RAF Regiment at the time, spending a lot of time in Northern Ireland, when the children came along we never had any money! both of them are grown up now, we have some spare money so enjoy going on holidays etc.
I've been out with a few guys before I met him, none I can honestly say none had model good looks and no-one was rich, there usually was just a mutual attraction. Being married doesn't stop me either from finding some men attractive (doesn't mean you have to do anything about it but being happily married doesn't mean you have to stop finding people attractive)) but again it's never been because they were good looking or rich, usually it's something in their personality that makes you go ..mm, he's nice, I like him.
Likability is a huge factor in whether people find you attractive, it's well known that you find some more attractive is you like them than if you don't! What I like in people is usually also what I like in men, confidence, kindness, sense of humour, compassion, generosity (thats not to do with money) and a sense of fun, oh and fighting ability ( not kidding nearly all the people I know fight lol)

Oh and I had to laugh because over here 'getting screwed' is another way of saying getting laid so Mr Donovan's post came out here meaning the opposite of what he thought!

"If you don't look like a movie star and make over a million dollars a year then you are basically screwed."

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The argument has been made here by everyone that I should be focusing on one and only one and should forget anything else beyond that.

Focusing on one woman? Who said that? Where? No one said that. What we’ve said is, become friends with women, and one of them will become the right one. You haven’t even got the friends part done yet. Don’t even think about a relationship until you make some female friends.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When a women tells you how long she’s been married, you always throw out the old, so “you were married at….8” routine. TEZ, being TEZ felt the need to do it herself!!

Also if a woman complains about herself getting “fat”, just tell her, “good clothes shrink as they age,” they love that routine too!!

See humour, not taking the world seriously and you make them laugh. Easy!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When a women tells you how long she’s been married, you always throw out the old, so “you were married at….8” routine. TEZ, being TEZ felt the need to do it herself!!

Also if a woman complains about herself getting “fat”, just tell her, “good clothes shrink as they age,” they love that routine too!!

LOL, give and take thats all it needs, you give, I take!
Ooops better explain THAT'S A JOKE too!
If you can't have a laugh, lifes not worth living really.
You should always look on the bright side of life!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]words and music by Eric Idle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some things in life are bad[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They can really make you mad[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other things just make you swear and curse.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you're chewing on life's gristle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't grumble, give a whistle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And this'll help things turn out for the best...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And...always look on the bright side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the light side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If life seems jolly rotten[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There's something you've forgotten[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you're feeling in the dumps[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't be silly chumps[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And...always look on the bright side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the light side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For life is quite absurd[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And death's the final word[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You must always face the curtain with a bow.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So always look on the bright side of death [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just before you draw your terminal breath [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life's a piece of ****[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you look at it[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You'll see it's all a show[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keep 'em laughing as you go[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just remember that the last laugh is on you.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And always look on the bright side of life...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the right side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Come on guys, cheer up!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the bright side of life...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the bright side of life...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Worse things happen at sea, you know.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](I mean - what have you got to lose?)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What have you lost? Nothing!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the right side of life...[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Brilliant, Ken. I'm stealing this, by the way...

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
LOL, give and take thats all it needs, you give, I take!
Ooops better explain THAT'S A JOKE too!
If you can't have a laugh, lifes not worth living really.
You should always look on the bright side of life!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]words and music by Eric Idle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some things in life are bad[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They can really make you mad[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Other things just make you swear and curse.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you're chewing on life's gristle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't grumble, give a whistle[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And this'll help things turn out for the best...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If life seems jolly rotten[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There's something you've forgotten[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you're feeling in the dumps[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't be silly chumps[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For life is quite absurd[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And death's the final word[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You must always face the curtain with a bow.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So always look on the bright side of death [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just before you draw your terminal breath [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life's a piece of ****[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you look at it[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You'll see it's all a show[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keep 'em laughing as you go[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just remember that the last laugh is on you.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And always look on the bright side of life...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the right side of life... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Come on guys, cheer up!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Worse things happen at sea, you know.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](I mean - what have you got to lose?)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What have you lost? Nothing!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Always look on the right side of life...[/FONT]

Ahh you beat me too it!! As I was reading ur post I was thinking of that scene, then i noticed you already listed the lyrics and link. Classic MP, the best of the movies IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions