Eddie Jafri

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
In the recent past, I was contacted by a person who told me he studied in the silat method of Eddie Jafri. He called it Langkah Empat. I have heard some Pekiti Tersia practitioners mention him in passing. Everything I have heard ( what little I have heard) always sounded favorable.

I honestly do not know much about this teacher or his style. Information on him seems scant. I'd certainly like to know more about him ! I was curious if any forum participants knew him and/or can describe his system. Anyone here train in his system or have trained with him directly??

With Respect
Doc D

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
In the recent past, I was contacted by a person who told me he studied in the silat method of Eddie Jafri. He called it Langkah Empat. I have heard some Pekiti Tersia practitioners mention him in passing. Everything I have heard ( what little I have heard) always sounded favorable.

I honestly do not know much about this teacher or his style. Information on him seems scant. I'd certainly like to know more about him ! I was curious if any forum participants knew him and/or can describe his system. Anyone here train in his system or have trained with him directly??

With Respect
Doc D

Langkah Empat is not a style per say, but a square footwork method. There are others, such as Langkah Tiga, which is a triangular footwork method, & the list goes on.

I can't imagine that there would be a style named after just one aspect of footwork that is practically universal in all Silat styles. It would be kind of like calling your style "Yoko Geri Karate-do" or "Largo Mano Eskrima". Maybe not exactly the same, but you get my drift.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

With Respect
Doc D

I never had the opportunity to train with him but have only heard good things. That's all I can do for meager help. Sorry!
icon6.gif

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I never had the opportunity to train with him but have only heard good things. That's all I can do for meager help. Sorry!
icon6.gif

Agreed. I've missed most of the Silat Greats I would have liked to train with (Terlinden/Jafri/Suwanda) mostly because I've never heard anything bad about them, besides people hating of course. A true master, to my mind, is both a master of conflict and avoids unnecessary conflict, physical verbal & social. So many of the senior Silat folks are surrounded with trouble & controversy, even within their own organizations and subordinate instructors.

Latest Discussions