R.I.P Guru Eddie Ivester

GuruJim1

Green Belt
Reaction score
R.I.P. GURU EDDIE IVESTER

853016611_m.jpg

100_0008_edited-514x336-536x377.jpg

A Photo of me and Eddie Ivester (on the left) in my home just a few days after Christmas in 2006.

I'm sorry to tell everyone that Guru Eddie Ivester or ICT as he posted here past away in his Biloxi, Mississippi home. It's not clear when or how Guru Ivester pasted away but his body was found on July 9, 2008. I'm for one going to miss his phone calls to me and I feel a deep loss for my friend. Eddie was one of my good friends and Poekoelan Tjimindie Brother seeing how we had two of the same instructors. His absents from this forum will be missed forever by me and everyone that knew him. R.I.P. My Brother Eddie.

For any of Eddie Ivester friends that want to donate to Eddie's funeral expenses and flowers for him please use the link at the bottom to leave anything you want. I'll post where and when his funeral will be held when his wife gets it set up. Thank you for your susport.

http://pukulan. net/EddieIvester

You can also e-mail me at [email protected]

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Death of a fellow penchak silat practitioner
By silat1 - 07-12-2008 07:18 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

I just received a call that Eddie Ivester, a fellow penchak silat practitioner and the head instructor of the ICS silat program died this past wednesday at his home in Mississippi.. He had trained with several silat instructors and I had the privilege of meeting him while in Chicago where he did a seminar at one of my student's schools..
Eddie was a talented individual who from time to time was controversal where he and I had several lengthy conversations about the Kuntao/ Penchak silat systems and their applications for military use..

Eddie, I offer you my respect and friendship in both the Penchak silat community and personal respect as a friend..

Rest in Peace as you will be missed

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

OP
GuruJim1

GuruJim1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Eddie Ivester funeral is at the following dates:

Monday, July 14, 2008 is the viewing from 6PM to 8PM
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 is a graveside funeral starting at 10AM at Campbell Cemetery on Old Harmony and Irdu.

OP
GuruJim1

GuruJim1

Green Belt
Reaction score
Family Viewing - Burns Funeral Home, 1400 N Johnson Stripling Rd. Perry, Florida 32347 from 6-8pm on 7/14.

(phone number 850-584-4149)

Funeral - Graveside - Harmony Baptist Church Cemetery, Greenville, Florida 10am on 7/15.

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm absolutely shocked. He's always been a fine contributor to so many forums and I know he was well respected by those in the silat community . My condolences to his friends , family and students. Its a shame to loose a silat brother!

jeff5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I haven't been around in awhile. That's terrible, my condolences to his family.

Kiai Carita

White Belt
Reaction score
I haven't been here for some time, but would like to offer my condolences to Eddie's family, friends and students. May you all be given strength. Amen.

Latest Discussions