Silat Practitioners

Discussion in 'Indochinese Martial Arts - General' started by doc D, Jun 19, 2012.

1. doc D

doc D Orange Belt

Hello Everyone !!!
    I've been away a considerable time! Thought I'd drop back in to Martial Talk and see what people were discussing....most especially , in regard to Pencak Silat. Thought it might be nice to take a poll of sorts and see who is CURRENTLY here, where they are practicing and what they practice or have worked in "Silat -wise" . Sometimes, people contact me wanting to know if silat is anywhere near their current location and often I have no clue if there might be a bona fide teacher or simply an enthusiastic student who is trying to keep up his skills and needs a "workout buddy".
    To get started , I'm Doc Dority in Dallas Texas . I do work principally in Silek Minangkabau Harimau , Pencak Silat Mande Muda and Silat Seni Kuntau Tekpi and I also putter with a bit of the Maphilindo Silat, Pekiti Tersia Kali and a touch of Systema as adjuncts.

Please drop a line and let me know who you are, what you study/practice/teach and what region you are located !

With Respect
    Doc D

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise MT Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back Doc!!! Glad to have you here!

3. death13

death13 White Belt

4. burleighgirly

burleighgirly Yellow Belt

I practice Silat Perisai Diri in Burleigh Heads, Australia (link below). I have been practising for seven years. We have a very active Silat Persiai Diri community with many schools in South-East Queensland (includes Gold Coast, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast).123