Discussion in 'The Locker Room Bar & Grill' started by Chrisinmd, Jul 26, 2019.
the water isn't safe in many places!
He'll get lost!
Brother, I'll cook for you, train with you, learn from you and take you up my mountain. But there ain't no way in hell I'm doing anything in water deeper than my waist.
Used to. But learned my lesson and got out alive. Besides, my wife says that if I go into deep water again, that I shouldn't come home.......I do admit that is kind of tempting.
it's the soccer mom type with the inbred arrogance that no other country could possibly as developed in X or Y. Like you can only get quality medical care in the US (bwahahaha, as if) or medication.
or clean foods. ( the FDA has always allowed a certain amount of foreign matter in commercially processed food items. As to the identity of said foreign matter? Better not ask!)
Same with the water.
back in the day, some Mediterranean islands didn't have that desalination down yet, and the tap water was salty. Or on the mainland the tourists with the package deals would get bottled water, the locals a carafe,
And the one time my dad thought he should abstain during the vacation, he got terribly sick! We had to call the hotel doctor!
After that it was back to a shot of the good stuff before and after every meal, and a shot of Espresso as digestive.
The booze is generally safe, consumed in moderation. Don't get wasted in foreign places though.
Agree. Get outside of Quintana Roo and it can be a different story. I always drink from a sealed bottle when far away from the tourist areas.
general if your going to consume conteminated water mixing it with alcohol is a good idea, it will kill nearly anything
alcohol is POison, I'm wondering how likely it is to be mixed with anything more harmful than what you've paid for ?
A little bit of AA propaganda. Alcohol being a poison they say. If your going to say that Alcohol is a poison so is about half the stuff we consume. Sugar, red meat, etc. Just because something may cause health issues in the long run dosent make it a "poison"
There is a huge difference between having a can of Bud light or a cup of a true poison such as Arsenic or Cyncaide. If you have a 12 pack of beer a day for 10 years you may very well develop some health issues. If you have any Arsenic or Cyncaide your likely dead in 10 minutes. Big difference
Montezuma's Revenge. lol Never heard of that term for it before! Had a bad case of it in Costa Rica my first time there. Not fun!
Agree it would be very bad business for these destination countries to be killing there customers with tainted booze. Ive read in the Newspaper a couple days ago the Dominican Republic has seen a lot of cancellations since the story broke. So the Dominican government has stepped up increased inspections of the alcohol industry. So probably now its the safest time to visit
their problem was people having coronaries, different things.
I know one thing, I won't be going to the Dominican Republic any time soon.
no no alcohol is a poison, people regularly get diagnosed with alcohol poisoning, I've never heard of a case of acute red meat poisoning, , it may or may not be good for you long term(, but having an extra slice of beef isn't going to see you rushed to hospital,)but it's isnt classified as a poSion,
if your taking in a poison like alcohol at a faster rate than your system can remove it, other wise known as getting dunk, then you are posioning yourself
Its the dose that makes the poison. For example I take a pill out of my aspirin bottle it a medication. Take the whole bottle its a poison.
well no, technically it's your bodies reaction to what ever that determines if it's a poison our not, if it tries to re!move it from your system as quickly as possible its a poison if not its it isn't, the dose does indeed determine how harmful it may be,in the short term, but prolong low does are still harmful in the long term, but doesn't alter if it is or isn't a poison.
there's no safe limit for alcohol, every mouthful does you harm, if it's very low doses it can take many years before the issues become notable to you, but very low doses are not the societal norm. there no point doing it at all unless you get at least mildy intoxicantated .its a mood enhancer after all, if the dose you take doesn't enhance your mood you may as well drink water, if it does it has caused you irreparable harm
I see your eqauting it with medicine, if you can't tell the difference between alcohol and medicine you have a problem, asprin in the specified dose doesn't cause you harm, alcohol in any dose that its commercially sold,does
Paracelsus said 'all things are poison, it depends on the dose'
even an overabundance of water can kill.
it can, but it doesn't poison you
you can split hairs at Infinitum. Poison you can survive, being dead not so much
Or rather Chemo is poison, we all agree?
and yet, it's used to cure stuff.
Antibiotics are also poison. They kill germs.
It's a matter of the dose.
your claiming EvERYTHING is poison, but that is dramatically untrue, its somewhat debatable if chemo is poison, but most antibiotics are certainly not, they don't even poison bacteria, thats not how they work
My point is that even something as essential as water - one must drink about 2 quarts a day - is deadly when over consumed, while something inherent deadly - like arsenic - can be consumed in small doses without killing you.
no you used to term poison, and have given a list of things that are not poison. arguing that water us poison as it very occasionally leads to death, is much the same as arguing that sharks are poison as they very occasionally kill people and nether are poison at all, though potentially harmful if your terminally stupid or at least with sharks extremely unlucky
ironically, an excess of water can be harmful as it removes poison from your body, most notably sodium, so it's it's anti poison properties that make it harmful123
Separate names with a comma.