Discussing a Myth: On Fighting

Discussion in 'Kenpo - (EPAK) Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate S' started by Sami Ibrahim, Jan 16, 2017.

1. gpseymour

gpseymour Sr. Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    Add to that the fact that most elite athletes take time off because of an issue, be it health-related (injury) or mental (something else in life going wrong). That time off may only be part of the problem with their come-back - the cause of the time off may be at least as large a part of the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sami Ibrahim

Sami Ibrahim Green Belt

In looking back at my post I may have come off like I am bashing Kenpo practitioners or the art in general. That was not my intention, I am a Kenpo practitioner and I have met many who don't hold silly illusions about the nature of violence because they have had great instruction and real world experience to reference. These excellent Kenpo practitioners are an inspiration. As for losing ability, I absolutely agree, it can happen from injuries in life, one minute your a flexible, agile, lightening quick, well-oiled machine, a few injuries later you can barely walk with a cane, if that should happen to you, don't lose heart, consider it a challenge, a new body to reforge and master within the confines of its limitations. (I am loving the the exploration of the Cane)

3. Grandmaster Yue men quan

Grandmaster Yue men quan Orange Belt

Nope it would take the same amount of time probably more to fight a,unskilled person without hurting them.