Dick Cheney gets heart transplant...

Discussion in 'The Study' started by billc, Mar 24, 2012.

1. billc

billc Grandmaster

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    It gives me a warm feeling thinking about the fits people on the left are going to have when they hear that Dick Cheney had a heart transplant and may live longer because of it.

https://twitter.com/#!/jaketapper/statuses/183689174375858176

I hope he has a quick and easy recovery.

2. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Retired

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Founding Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    They put one in? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
  3. Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    If Cheney got a heart, did Bush get a brain? And if so, did the Democrats get courage? If all of that has happened, there's a wizard involved in all this.

4. billc

billc Grandmaster

Does that make Michelle Obama the wicked witch of the east...and Sarah Palin the good witch of the west...

5. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Retired

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Founding Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Can I go PC and simply say I don't like either of those 2?

6. The Last Legionary

The Last Legionary All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu

• Martial Talk Alumni
    I would never wish ill on another person, however Cheney is not one I waste my wishes of wellness on. I think he's evil, and only the scorched cinder that was his heart kept him going this long. I wonder who they murdered to get him another one.

7. billc

billc Grandmaster

I have to say I never understood the Cheney hate.

8. Buka

Buka Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    Amen, brother.

9. elder999

elder999 El Oso de Dios!

Y'now,my mom's from Wyoming. Grew up in a little mining town called Hanna-it doesn't exist anymore

After she graduated from high school, and the mine closed (for a while--last time I was there, they were strip mining) her family moved to Casper, and her siblings, all but one of them, graduated from Natrona County High-there aren't a lot of people in Wyoming, so even what passes for a "major city" in Wyoming (Casper-currentpopulation, 55,000-second only to Cheyenne) had only one high school, at that time.

My uncle, Gary-second youngest of my mom's fiver siblings-the family comedian-graduated with Dick Cheney. So did his wife.

Dick Cheney, a guy who dropped out of Yale, because he couldn't cut it, got six academic deferments from the Vietnam war draft, voted against economic sanctions against South Africa's apartheid regime during the Reagan administration (to his credit, he claims to just not believe in sanctions), twice convicted of DUI, voted against a Congressional resolution to call on South Africa to release Nelson Mandela,and was one of the primary drivers for justification for the invasion of Iraq after 9/11.

Know what my uncle Gary, his first wife Mae Lee, and his current wife, Kay-and just about everyone in Casper who knew him- says when the subject of Dick Cheney comes up? What I guess they've been saying for, like, I dunno, 55 years????

"Dick Cheney, before he dicks you" :lfao:

10. billc

billc Grandmaster

Economist Walter E. Williams on complex economic issues, some of which involve south africa...things are not always as simple as they look...

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/wage-28091-killers-worker.html

I have read his analysis on the boycott movement of South Africa and he disagreed with that as well, they were in a few of his books so they aren't posting friendly right now...

And how quickly people forget what was going on immediately after 9/11. Soon it will turn out that the Japanese were innocent victims in WW2 and we were the bad guys, that took over 50 years to start becoming the attitude. Thanks Tom Hanks for showing us how this will come about.

Like I said, I hope he has a fast and easy recovery, and a continued long and happy life.

11. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Retired

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Founding Member
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    Well, as long as he doesn't leave the safety of the US he might. Outside of it, there are warrants for his arrest as a war criminal. I'm not a fan of his. To be blunt, I think he's an evil sob. But, may he have a long and from here on out totally uneventful life.

12. elder999

elder999 El Oso de Dios!

Who washes down the freshly chewed flesh of strangled prostitutes with a cocktail of scotch and tortured children's tears. :lol:

13. Big Don

Big Don Sr. Grandmaster

I am impressed by how classy you people are, grave dancing before the man is dead. Wow. How enlightened you all are.

14. billc

billc Grandmaster

Things are never simple especially on the world stage, or even here at home...

I remember in college one of the classes had us watch the Jaime Escalante movie, "Stand and Deliver," I think it was. The story of Escalante was his attempt to help inner city kids pass the advanced placement calculus test in California. It was a moving story of one guys dedication and love for his students and his attempt to help them change their lives. The really funny thing was when the issue came up of only teaching English in public schools, except of course for say spanish language classes. Everyone of the lefties in class was for teaching non-english speaking, spanish speaking students in spanish with some english to transition them. They went nuts when people, perhaps I was one, who believed that the only real way to learn a foreign language in a foreign country was immersion in that language. It worked for my parents when we lived in Germany, and it worked for this one girl in one of my spanish classes who lived in and went to school in Brazil. She said that at first she couldn't understand anything the professor was saying, but as she struggled, she eventually learned the language better than just taking a spanish class. Same for my mother who had to live on the economy in Germany.

The funny part is this, the lefties in class were broken hearted, literally sobbing, when they heard that their hero, and mine, Jaime Escalante, also believed in English only classes. He believed that kids who didn't learn english were being handicapped and that their chances of success were being limited. They were almost unconsolable. Some issues are more complex than they first appear to the people who wear their issues on their sleeves.

15. elder999

elder999 El Oso de Dios!

On behalf of his daughters, who aren't evil sobs, and who love, and are loved by, their dad, I applaud his doctor's success.

On the other hand, if I thought he was an evil sob 9 years ago, and continue to think so, why should his getting a heart transplant change my opinion? (Shades of Breitbart....:lol: )

16. billc

billc Grandmaster

Here is Walter Williams defending Rand Paul when Williams was a guest host on Rush's show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqod16fhMPE&feature=related

It demonstrates that for all people who wear their issues on their sleeves, their is always another non-emotional way to look at the issue...

17. elder999

elder999 El Oso de Dios!

Irony, thy name is "cihak." :lfao:

:lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao:
    :

18. Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    I neither hate nor even dislike Dick Cheney. He is no longer relevant in politics and for that I am glad. That's all.

19. ballen0351

ballen0351 Sr. Grandmaster

He has a house down the road from me hes actually a nice man

20. decepticon

decepticon Green Belt

Never mind.123