MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They put one in? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If Cheney got a heart, did Bush get a brain? And if so, did the Democrats get courage? If all of that has happened, there's a wizard involved in all this.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that make Michelle Obama the wicked witch of the east...and Sarah Palin the good witch of the west...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I go PC and simply say I don't like either of those 2?

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would never wish ill on another person, however Cheney is not one I waste my wishes of wellness on. I think he's evil, and only the scorched cinder that was his heart kept him going this long. I wonder who they murdered to get him another one.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would never wish ill on another person, however Cheney is not one I waste my wishes of wellness on. I think he's evil, and only the scorched cinder that was his heart kept him going this long. I wonder who they murdered to get him another one.

Amen, brother.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
billcihak said:
I have to say I never understood the Cheney hate.

Y'now,my mom's from Wyoming. Grew up in a little mining town called Hanna-it doesn't exist anymore

After she graduated from high school, and the mine closed (for a while--last time I was there, they were strip mining) her family moved to Casper, and her siblings, all but one of them, graduated from Natrona County High-there aren't a lot of people in Wyoming, so even what passes for a "major city" in Wyoming (Casper-currentpopulation, 55,000-second only to Cheyenne) had only one high school, at that time.

My uncle, Gary-second youngest of my mom's fiver siblings-the family comedian-graduated with Dick Cheney. So did his wife.

Dick Cheney, a guy who dropped out of Yale, because he couldn't cut it, got six academic deferments from the Vietnam war draft, voted against economic sanctions against South Africa's apartheid regime during the Reagan administration (to his credit, he claims to just not believe in sanctions), twice convicted of DUI, voted against a Congressional resolution to call on South Africa to release Nelson Mandela,and was one of the primary drivers for justification for the invasion of Iraq after 9/11.

Know what my uncle Gary, his first wife Mae Lee, and his current wife, Kay-and just about everyone in Casper who knew him- says when the subject of Dick Cheney comes up? What I guess they've been saying for, like, I dunno, 55 years????

"Dick Cheney, before he dicks you" :lfao:

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Economist Walter E. Williams on complex economic issues, some of which involve south africa...things are not always as simple as they look...

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/wage-28091-killers-worker.html

During South Africa&#8217;s apartheid era, its racist unions were the major supporters of minimum wages for blacks. South Africa&#8217;s Wage Board said, &#8220;The method would be to fix a minimum rate for an occupation or craft so high that no Native would likely be employed.&#8221; In the U.S., in the aftermath of a strike by the Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen, when the arbitration board decreed that blacks and whites were to be paid equal wages, the white unionists expressed their delight. &#8220;If this course of action is followed by the company and the incentive for employing the Negro thus removed,&#8221; they said, &#8220;the strike will not have been in vain.&#8221;

I have read his analysis on the boycott movement of South Africa and he disagreed with that as well, they were in a few of his books so they aren't posting friendly right now...

And how quickly people forget what was going on immediately after 9/11. Soon it will turn out that the Japanese were innocent victims in WW2 and we were the bad guys, that took over 50 years to start becoming the attitude. Thanks Tom Hanks for showing us how this will come about.

Like I said, I hope he has a fast and easy recovery, and a continued long and happy life.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, as long as he doesn't leave the safety of the US he might. Outside of it, there are warrants for his arrest as a war criminal. I'm not a fan of his. To be blunt, I think he's an evil sob. But, may he have a long and from here on out totally uneventful life.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am impressed by how classy you people are, grave dancing before the man is dead. Wow. How enlightened you all are.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Things are never simple especially on the world stage, or even here at home...

I remember in college one of the classes had us watch the Jaime Escalante movie, "Stand and Deliver," I think it was. The story of Escalante was his attempt to help inner city kids pass the advanced placement calculus test in California. It was a moving story of one guys dedication and love for his students and his attempt to help them change their lives. The really funny thing was when the issue came up of only teaching English in public schools, except of course for say spanish language classes. Everyone of the lefties in class was for teaching non-english speaking, spanish speaking students in spanish with some english to transition them. They went nuts when people, perhaps I was one, who believed that the only real way to learn a foreign language in a foreign country was immersion in that language. It worked for my parents when we lived in Germany, and it worked for this one girl in one of my spanish classes who lived in and went to school in Brazil. She said that at first she couldn't understand anything the professor was saying, but as she struggled, she eventually learned the language better than just taking a spanish class. Same for my mother who had to live on the economy in Germany.

The funny part is this, the lefties in class were broken hearted, literally sobbing, when they heard that their hero, and mine, Jaime Escalante, also believed in English only classes. He believed that kids who didn't learn english were being handicapped and that their chances of success were being limited. They were almost unconsolable. Some issues are more complex than they first appear to the people who wear their issues on their sleeves.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I am impressed by how classy you people are, grave dancing before the man is dead. Wow. How enlightened you all are.

On behalf of his daughters, who aren't evil sobs, and who love, and are loved by, their dad, I applaud his doctor's success.

On the other hand, if I thought he was an evil sob 9 years ago, and continue to think so, why should his getting a heart transplant change my opinion? (Shades of Breitbart....:lol: )

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
It demonstrates that for all people who wear their issues on their sleeves, their is always another non-emotional way to look at the issue...

Irony, thy name is "cihak." :lfao:

It gives me a warm feeling thinking about the fits people on the left are going to have when they hear that Dick Cheney had a heart transplant and may live longer because of it.
:lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao:
:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I neither hate nor even dislike Dick Cheney. He is no longer relevant in politics and for that I am glad. That's all.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He has a house down the road from me hes actually a nice man

Latest Discussions