Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He has a house down the road from me hes actually a nice man

I'm sure he is. I also read that Hitler was a charming host for dinners. Doesn't mean I should like his politics.

(Yes, the comparison is intended. So stuff the Godwin ref. :p)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wasnt making the statement to try to change anyones minds about him since.thats prety impossible people hate him for some reason ive never understood but just saying hes a nice man ive run into him at coffee shop a few times i hope he makes a good recovery

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
I wasnt making the statement to try to change anyones minds about him since.thats prety impossible people hate him for some reason ive never understood but just saying hes a nice man ive run into him at coffee shop a few times i hope he makes a good recovery

Politics aside, he sounds like he's been rather unlikable in the past, as far back as high school, apparently.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Victor Davis Hanson on Cheney Hate...

http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/beware-of-the-mob/

2006 Evil Guantanamo/ 2009 Good Guantanamo
Sometime around 2005, the anger of the mob over the Bush-Cheney anti-terrorism protocols peaked. Preventative detention, renditions, military tribunals, Guantanamo, Predators, wiretaps, and intercepts were all considered unlawful, unnecessary, and immoral. The Bush-Cheney “terror state” seemed capable of almost anything, as it shredded the Constitution while claiming to “protect” us from non-existent terrorists. Dick Cheney went from a respected and perennial Washington insider, given his due by both liberals and conservatives as a sober and judicious administrator over the past thirty years, to a pernicious Darth Vader.
The Left never really adduced any evidence to support its charges, but such serial attacks went largely unanswered. Candidate Barack Obama both benefited from and whipped up the venom, only as president to embrace or expand all of what he had once so vehemently denounced. He soon became predator-in-chief, increasing targeted assassinations eightfold, as he joked about them being unleashed at any potential suitors of Malia and Sasha.
The Bush-Cheney anti-terrorism policies were quietly reinvented as necessary (given that no post-9/11 plot [and there were many] had succeeded) and continue on today as if no one ever had questioned their utility or legality. The fist-shaking mob apparently decided that what was truly bad before 2009 was mostly good afterwards, or at least not bad enough to question an Obama presidency. So it threw down the torches and drifted on home, wanting the proverbial prisoner in the jail freed and canonized rather than hanged.
Today we are left with either one of two liberal assumptions: the Bush-Cheney protocols are still bad, but to continue to criticize them would now be to weaken the liberal agenda of their present adherent Barack Obama; or, why get riled over politics? — every out-party attacks the in-party any way it can, so get over it.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, 1 reason is that whole got drunk and shot a guy then tried to cover it up thing.

Now joking aside, his disrespect and abuse of the Constitution, his support for illegal acts of torture, his involvement in unethical companies such as Haliburton and so forth are the reasons I don't care for him. Bill, you will disagree with me, you will say he did nothing wrong or illegal. That's fine. We've been over that ground before, no need to reargue here. I'm just stating why I don't care for him.

It's not an "I hate Cheney" thing. It's an "I do not care for anyone, regardless of party, who violates the Constitution, or the law." thing.

As a person, 1 person to another, I wish him good health and a comfortable retirement.
As a patriot, I hope he stays the hell out of politics from here on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks Bob, I appreciate your comments and the way you made them. That is how it should be done here on the study. Have a good rest of the weekend.

Latest Discussions