Defensive Tactics...

Discussion in 'General Self Defense' started by jks9199, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Drac

Drac Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    I can only imagine the weeping, wailing and nashing of teeth if the State made DT qualifications mandatory as they do firearms...

2. Hudson69

Hudson69 Brown Belt

The parts about making the systems moves your own is in line with saying to take the moves you like and make them streetable. Everything else is something you might want to remember but if you are not going to use them then why allow it/them to take up space on your hard drive :shrug:.

As far as individuals getting hung up on trying one thing, like pressure points, at the wrong time that is from an officer either not having the experience to shift gears, bad or lack of training, over focus (blinders) or a combination of these.

Anyone who is taking up a career as an LEO or Security or the military needs to understand that some jobs might not ever require you use these skills and some a lot of the time in some way shape or form. I think the person most at risk to getting kacked to lousy DT skills is the who only has to use it once, after moving through their career for a long time; and is complacent.

My .02 only

3. Buka

Buka Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise MT Moderator Staff Member

Now that Otto is funny!

5. Ondrejmatej

Ondrejmatej White Belt

Defense encompasses any and all means of protecting oneself. These techniques based on combination of martial arts, wrestling, and boxing.