Creation Forms

Kyoshi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Do you do creations forms for your gradings?

If not, why? Whats the argument against it?
If yes, what did you do? Any specific themes etc.?

I did a creation form for my orange belt grading 5-count, and im also going to do for my purple - as an "unofficial"-requirement from my teacher. I think its fun to do, because you get your head messed up, on how to incoorporate the different principles of motion within.

MattJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
When I was active in EPAK, creating forms was a requirement, but only at black-belt level.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

I did a creation form for my orange belt grading 5-count, and im also going to do for my purple - as an "unofficial"-requirement from my teacher. I think its fun to do, because you get your head messed up, on how to incoorporate the different principles of motion within.

I did one for black belt, in addition to a thesis that I had to write, on something martial arts related. I dont remember the kata, but I do know that I did put alot of thought into it. Its easy to just sling a bunch of moves together, and call it a kata, but IMHO, the moves should have a purpose. Of course, the moves should flow from one to the next.

The paper was a thesis on the history of Kenpo, and some of the various Kenpo/Kempo arts out there. That paper had to be a certain number of pages.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I can't see why not.
sean

Latest Discussions