Coronavirus/Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
6 deaths in King County, WA as of today, which I believe is the most in the country. There is a concentration, however, in a single long term facility, so those #s might not tell the whole story. I think we'll all know more over the next week or so.
I am Very hopeful most of this is media hype. Washington state had 245 flu related deaths in the 2018/2019 flu season.
I very sorry for the loss of life and sincerely pray this 'epidemic' quick subsides worldwide.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We've had a hand sanitizer dispenser in the school for years, and I stocked up on a couple extra bottles. Other than that, not much. There haven't been any documented cases in my state yet AFAIK.

If it does turn into a pandemic here, and we have to close because of public safety or whatever, we've got enough money saved up to pay the bills for a month.
This what we are doing. I have made several announcements asking people to make sure they either wash their hands or use sanitizer before/after class.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am Very hopeful most of this is media hype. Washington state had 245 flu related deaths in the 2018/2019 flu season.
I very sorry for the loss of life and sincerely pray this 'epidemic' quick subsides worldwide.

Annually seasonal flu kills hundreds of thousands of people, starvation kills hundreds of thousands, outbreaks of cholera, typhoid and typhus in refugee camps kills thousands, suicide in the first world countries kills tens of thousands, cancer kills hundreds of thousands, deaths from preventable diseases are going up through the unwillingness of some to be vaccinated and lots more things can kill us, this latest virus isn't the worst of our worries medically speaking.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
All things that places should be doing anyway, we're the same as you, not changed anything as hygiene is always a high priority.

If it's taking the threat of an illness to make people clean their mats then I'm glad I didn't train at these places!
Yes ma'am.
It's shocking how many places allow people to walk in the restrooms barefooted or wear their mat shoes and then return to the mats without any type of sanitizing them!! Then they are rolling or wrestling or doing takesdowns rubbing their faces on the places that have been stepped on by those feet or shoes. We've never allowed shoes that have been worn outside or in the restrooms without being sanitized first onto the mats.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no reason to do anything different. The things you should have been doing all along are sufficient. You can shake hands after class. Wearing a mask will not in any way prevent you from getting sick.

D

Deleted member 39746

Oh for training? Dont go, simply put. You would contribute to the problem if you go there while infected (with anything) and if you live in a area with it, you should pretty much be housebond as much as possible.

I would consider it nonsensical to present any situation where you actively break qurantine or willingly infect yourself. You shouldnt be doing exercise if you have the flu or flu like symptoms anyway. :p

if you dont live in a area where there are repoted cases, then not being a "greb" is what you would do. Clean your hands activitely so fourth. Other than that buisness as usual.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh for training? Dont go, simply put. You would contribute to the problem if you go there while infected (with anything) and if you live in a area with it, you should pretty much be housebond as much as possible.

This, like Martial Arts, is an area in which you have no training or experience, and your advice is worse than useless.

D

Deleted member 39746

This, like Martial Arts, is an area in which you have no training or experience, and your advice is worse than useless.

Its not like i psoted anything ground breaking, you should wash your hands anyway, and its status quo as usual unless you live in a area with it. (which i agree with and support as i dont fear monger)

I jsut cant fathom why you would do this if you were genuinly conerned or lived in a area with it in. I do have to state though, objectively speaking, if you went for total isolation you would reduce the chances of you getting anything tremendiosuly, likewise if you did that and had a CBRN ready home and only left wearing SCBA gear and a suit.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Change your classes into alkohol-sex orgy in sauna. Alkohol and high temperature kills this virus.

D

Deleted member 39746

You know, suddenly Rat's passion for not training with anyone else is a clear advantage.

I just saw this. And kudos to you sir, thats probbly the most amusing thing i have read.

I will just wait for everyone else to get sick and rule the world! :p

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something I find hilarious about all this is the new focus on handwashing, as if soap is a magical new invention. When everyone should have already been using soap when they wash their hands.
Folks need to actually wash their hands though, rather than the ritualistic splash most do in public restrooms.

D

Deleted member 39746

Folks need to actually wash their hands though, rather than the ritualistic splash most do in public restrooms.

I personally ritualstically use the friction drying soap. Beats the whole having to put your hands up your sleeves and open doors etc after washing.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The gel that you squirt on your hands you just have to rub and it dries. You dont need to wash it off unlike ordinary soap.

You mean hand sanitizer? That stuff isn't a replacement for soap, or for washing your hands in warm, running water. It's more like a supplement. Just like how you have vitamin supplements available, but you don't replace your whole diet with vitamin tablets.

We have hand sanitizer all over the hospital where I work, and yet all staff are expected to wash their hands with soap and warm water.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dialect problem, its soap/cleaning agent to me. And it is a anti microbe/bacterial solution.

Once again showing your ignorance with dangerous ideas. You should be using actual soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions