Combat Handguns

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Love the 1911 myself...but I may be becoming a Glock convert.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Love the 1911 myself...but I may be becoming a Glock convert.
Glock makes a good weapon although I've heard recently that some of the 21's (full-size .45) are having problems. I would love one of the 36's (single-stack .45) it would make a great concealed-carry/backup.

OP
I

ipscshooter

I don't care for Glocks. For me, they don't point as well as a 1911. My preference, a high-cap 1911 clone... I shoot a Para-Ordnance p14-45. You can't beat 17 rounds of .45 acp... :)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ipscshooter said:
I don't care for Glocks. For me, they don't point as well as a 1911. My preference, a high-cap 1911 clone... I shoot a Para-Ordnance p14-45. You can't beat 17 rounds of .45 acp... :)
Based on your screen name that dosent suprise me...;)

OP
B

Baytor

ipscshooter said:
I like Glocks. You can't beat a single well placed head shot. Para makes some nice guns though.

OP
Y

yentao

THE BIG EVIL said:
What is the best allround Pistol for combat?

Colt 45. still great wiht just a few customizing to avoid jamming, it is still rocking. Best when use in one hand. 45. hollow points should be for the ammunition. Sure kill. Or desert eagle :partyon: .

OP
M

Mark Weiser

I personally chose the Lightweight Firestar 45 cal pistol.

Easy to conceal and carry and packs the knock down power of the 45 cal round.

Also you need to be trained on how to deal with stovetopping on an automatic. The Sheriff academy did that I attended and the training helped. In a firefight you have to know how to deal with that. Jammed automatic reach up and pull the slide back and eject the bad round and then reacquire the target and fire again.

Sincerely,
Mark E. Weiser

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
yentao said:
for ammunition yes but for safety lokcs and measures, not good choice.
safety-locks??? Oh, you mean suicide devices..."wait 'Mr. home-invader,' I've got to unlock this cable doohickey first, okay, now I'm ready."

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've been carrying a SIG-SAUER 220 in .45 ACP for nearly 20 years, and it's always been dependable and accurate. Like I told my wife, you can't complain about a piece that has taken care of you for that long! The gun too.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

rofl.gif
Great LOL LOL!!

OP
Y

yentao

kenpotex said:
safety-locks??? Oh, you mean suicide devices..."wait 'Mr. home-invader,' I've got to unlock this cable doohickey first, okay, now I'm ready."

Ah ok. What I'm trying to say is that glocks don't have durable locks and eventually if you use it often the lock will eventually loose up. Eventually, you could just fire it up without unlocking it. If you know a lot in guns you'll know how important a safety measure is especially with a 45. You know when there are kids at home there is always a chance they get to reach your guns.....
:mp5:

OP
S

Stick Dummy

Anything over .38 caliber, a .40 or .45 Kimber/Glock/ SIG being optimal for this spindley little guy.

Mark,

The newer "Glock-locks" are integral with the hollow backstrap of the grip frame and use a wee-little key.

Fortunately all of mine are pre-key versions. The concept of locking up a pistol when not in use is VERY valid. Especially if you have kids, with friends coming into your home.

For a house gun the newer touch/combo-pad boxes are ideal, or like a close friend of mine does - simply keep the pistol in condition #3 loaded mag/ none in spout - and lock it up, or take it to work in the am BEFORE the kids awake......

I agree with the "one you have on you" comment. It ain't what you got, but how you use it that makes the BIG difference.

Latest Discussions