Charged up attacks or "power increases"

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

http://www.nationalmartialarts.com/ is this the NMAA you are reffering to? ok so im assuming you know quite abit about metso paulo... what do those names mean?

just incase you miss this the first time since you never bothered to reply to it

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
First of all I am not one of the people that usually jumps down peoples throats demanding to see proof of legitmacy or questioning ones authenticity in the martial arts, thats not me and thats not what I do. I leave that to nice people like Ryushikan. But talking about mystical techniques taken straight out of a video game and expecting people to take it seriously is expecting way too much. Couple that with the warning signs of cult like martial arts school behaviour (creating and naming patterns after oneself and renaming techniques from other martial arts with your own name AS IF YOU CREATED THEM and other arrogant behaviour) and you get a not so good impression of this mans martial art. On top of that when someone (Paul) tries to be nice - too nice - and ask calmly for more information he laughs at him and blindly states that his art is ancient etc.. when he doesn't even know his arts name and he came to a message board on the internet to find out what the heck he is actually training in!

After saying all that, I realise it doesn't really matter and I wish Andriuking the best of luck in discovering the name of his art. I found this thread amusing and felt like commenting in an amusing way but have noticed that there is a new politically correct tone to this board and I should watch what I say and that's fine, I was just unprepared for it.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Originally posted by Damian Mavis
I found this thread amusing and felt like commenting in an amusing way but have noticed that there is a new politically correct tone to this board and I should watch what I say and that's fine, I was just unprepared for it.

Don't worry about your tone. I could give a rat's *** about PCness. Especially from someone like you who is good about not being a keyboard warrior. It's just that I don't want this thread coming to an abrupt end or getting caught up in a flame war before we get to the end of the rabbit hole (so to speak).

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
On top of that when someone (Paul) tries to be nice - too nice - and ask calmly for more information he laughs at him and blindly states that his art is ancient etc..

Heh.....I'm being "too nice" for once. :rofl: eh....your probably right, Damian, but I'm going to keep the niceness going for awhile; at least until everyones motives are laid out on the table nicely.

no i have zeroxed copies of handwritten records i recieved from my master about former master and students, i can trace the same martial arts back to my master's master's master's etc etc master. And a name has never been mentioned some of the records are actual logs on students proggress some are just names and dates.
Metso Paulo recently took on a student and added another generation (as i call them) to the record i have still to get a copy of that.

O.K....what are the origins of these records? Who hand wrote them? Are these records public information? What kind of "records" are they? What country do they trace themselves too? How long are these records? How many students have trained in your system, approximitely? How many are currently training? How come if there is a tournament or "gathering" for people in your art (NMAA), that you can't ask one of them what the name of your art is.

Most important 2 questions:
1. How is it that you do not know the name of your system if you have these written records?
2. Could these written records have been a forgery of some kind?

Sorry for the barrade of questions. I am honestly not trying to drop the hammer on you, I am just trying to get to the bottom of this. You need to find some more info on your art, apparently, or you wouldn't have come to martialtalk asking questions about your own art. Now, in order for I or anyone else here to help you, we all need a bit more info regarding these "records." It's just that the word "records" is sort of vague.

Take your time in your reply.

Respectfully,
PAUL
:cool:

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

perhaps he could scan the records for us to see... i know i would be interested in seeing who all has trained in this style see if its anyone i might know... also ive only found one NMAA on the web and it is a group of traditional martial arts... tae kwon do aikido varing forms of kung fu and karate... no mention of tournaments though... so andurilking since you can trace your art back at least 300 years which country did it begin in? and was there a few root arts that the art was formed from? also is this art passed on one person at a time or can it be taught to multiple people at once... it seems from your posts it is only passed from teacher to a single student and thats it... can this art be taught to anyone? do you teach this art? how can someone get ahold of someone who teachs this art to try it out?

OP
A

andurilking2

1. How is it that you do not know the name of your system if you have these written records?

1. as i said before no name of martial arts have been mentioned
2. yes it is possible for "some" of the records to be forge, but some of them i have witnessed being written by my master and also Metso Paulo,

there is no tournament for people in my martial arts, the tournament is a martial arts gathering in general in which masters of all kinds of martial arts (tkd kenpo etc) attend.

as for country of origin there are "recordS" from all over the two main ones are India and the scandinavian region, then eventually moved to america.

Again this is nothing out of "video games" we dont attempt to shoot crap out of our hands (only our asses :)

:D
it is more of a focus thing.

and the moves are made to be generic to prove that the art is not a "generic art" it shows that it is a conglomeration and does not use (front right snap kick from "tae kwon do" instead of a prism kick from "kenji do")

"this is getting really gay, since i have signed up i have spent the whoe time defending against invalides ignorant interpretations of my art, i ask a question (a simple question) and instead of people answering they post berations on my thread"

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by andurilking2

1. 1. as i said before no name of martial arts have been mentioned
2. yes it is possible for "some" of the records to be forge, but some of them i have witnessed being written by my master and also Metso Paulo,

2. there is no tournament for people in my martial arts, the tournament is a martial arts gathering in general in which masters of all kinds of martial arts (tkd kenpo etc) attend.

3. as for country of origin there are "recordS" from all over the two main ones are India and the scandinavian region, then eventually moved to america.

4. Again this is nothing out of "video games" we dont attempt to shoot crap out of our hands (only our asses :)

it is more of a focus thing.

and the moves are made to be generic to prove that the art is not a "generic art" it shows that it is a conglomeration and does not use (front right snap kick from "tae kwon do" instead of a prism kick from "kenji do")

5. "this is getting really gay, since i have signed up i have spent the whoe time defending against invalides ignorant interpretations of my art, i ask a question (a simple question) and instead of people answering they post berations on my thread"

I don't have a lot of time, so lets do this by the #'s. The #'s below correspond to the #'s above.

1. The records issue is still very confusing to me. You said that you witnessed your teacher writing these records himself, but that is sort of circular in terms of credability. What "records" show that your teacher is credable. Basically, how do we know that your not making this stuff up, or that your teacher wasn't making stuff up and feeding it to you? I hate to be frank, but I have to at this point. I guess what we need is the "story" behind your art to help give these records credability. Every art has a story. Maybe the story behind yours could help us figure out what your art might be called.

2. O.K.....so how about some details regarding this "gathering." "The Dog Brothers" is a full contact stick fighting group that has annual gatherings. Their information is on the net, as well as in magazines, etc. The WMAA (filipino martial art organization) has annual gatherings as well. Our info is also on the internet. Where is the information regarding your gathering? How could we learn about this gathering? How many people attend this gathering? How often is this held (once a year, once a month, etc.)? Is this public info, or is this some "underground" thing?

3. I understand. At least we know that your system, as far as its last place of origin, was India or Scandinavia. Is this system attached to any type of religious belief (as "Yoga" is attached to Hinduism, for instance)? Would the general public in these countries know about your art, or is your art some sort of "underground" or "secret" type thing?

4. Where do these "moves" come from? Are they a conglomerate from a multitude of other systems, or do they have an actual origin within your system? What does your system consist of in terms of technique; does it only consist of the "inner power" thing, but with added techniques "personalized" by the practitioner, or is there a standard of techniques accross the board. Also, what kind of techniques are these (grappling, punching, kicking, etc.) Any weapon work involved in your system?

5. Sorry, no one is trying to be "gay" here. It is just that although question was simple, nobody really knows what the hell you are talking about. No offense, but no one has heard of your art, or anything like it. People are jumping to conclusions and thinking that your art is Bull-do-do; and rightfully so considering that the claims seem outlandish with no source other then you to back up the claims. I am not trying to "assume" anything, and instead just trying to get all the pertinent info regarding your system, of which no one has ever heard of before. Please understand that I am trying very hard to get to the bottom of this without "slamming" you. So, you should be thanking me and others who are asking you a lot of questions and trying to honestly discover and learn about what your claiming, and talking about. If it wasn't for us, you would be having your *** handed to you on the internet. Trust me when I say that there is a substantial list of MT members who are at the edge of their keyboards, waiting to drop the hammer on you right now, and rip you to shreds. The only thing preventing them from doing so is they are waiting to hear what you have to say based off of mine and TLH3rdan's questions. Trust me, your answers are very important to your own livelyhood here. And also trust that the minute we stop asking questions, you are going to have your *** handed to you because people aren't believing what your saying.

Your explainations might change your fate.

So, I am not trying to berade, just trying to help and learn. You might not want to bite a helping hand at this point.

No disrespect intended here, and I hope to read some of your responses soon.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We're not trying to berate you or your art. We just want to understand where it comes from.

PAUL has already asked most of the pertinent questions. I too would like to see them answered.

Also, I'd like to add 2 more questions (which you forgot about earlier):

1. Could you please scan the written logs you have so we could see them for ourselves?

2. What organization is it that your master competed in for his title? Have you spoken to members of this organization? (Most important) How can we contact them?

OP
A

andurilking2

i dont care if people want to try to "hand my *** to me" im not interested in what they have to say. As i said before i asked a question and if no one else has an answer for it or anything else intellegent to add than i dont care what you have to say on this thread, Im done posting here an this threadif anyone has any other information they are looking for or anything else intelligable to contribute please private message me. Other than that i look forward to hearing from you on OTHER ThREADS

thanks paul for your time and effort

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

i think that he saw no one was buying his art and when it came time for put or shut up he choose the later. well it was interesting while it lasted

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
His reluctance to answer questions about the organization his master was supposedly a part of is what makes me suspicious. At least he didn't give the guy any money.

Well, now that that's gone as far as it could- FIRE UP THE CHARCOAL! :flame:

Hey andurilking2! If you're still reading this, I think I know the name of your art- Delusional-jutsu!

Ever tried anger management therapy?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the scenario was here. It sounded pretty fishy to me regardless. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if he was willing to explain.

Guess not.

What I wonder is, was he just some poor unsuspecting soul who was lied to by an instructor, or whether he was making it all up to begin with. I also wonder his age.

Well, does anybody else have any input on this? Legit or not? What do YOU think?

:idunno:

OP
C

chufeng

I think trying to "charge" up your body with anger is destructive...

From a traditional Chinese medicine perspective...too much anger injurs the liver...

Also, anger is a strong emotion...emotions scatter qi and create tension...the illusion of hitting harder is there (because force is felt in the tensed muscles), but in reality, if it is an "internal" system, the punches would actually be weaker.

That is what I think...only an opinion.

:asian:
chufeng

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think anger clouds judgement. I always find my technique is sloppy and less effective when im pissed, than when Im calm.

That said, it may help you work through pain. The adrenelin rush n all that.

my 2 cents. :)

OP
E

Elfan

Ph34r |34d5 70 4n93r... 4n93r |34d5 70 h473... h473 |34d5 70 5uph3r1n9

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

"Hey andurilking2! If you're still reading this, I think I know the name of your art- Delusional-jutsu!"

better watch out he maybe charging up his anger for a massive web-fu attack... hey i wonder if there is anyone trying to teach web-fu lol

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He's lucky people started ignoring him, & this thread a long time ago. I suprised that more people haven't stepped up and called his art Bullshido. I think it's also lucky for him that not many people hang out in the internal arts section.

Hey, what the hell is ....

Ph34r |34d5 70 4n93r... 4n93r |34d5 70 h473... h473 |34d5 70 5uph3r1n9

????????

Is this some sort of programing language?

:confused: :D

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

well paul i think perhaps everyone was simply enjoing the entertainment we were creating with our question and answer session with the young jedi knight or super sayian... which ever he may be... too bad we dont have a fantasy arts section this would have fit in nicely

Latest Discussions