Charged up attacks or "power increases"

A

andurilking2

Anyone heard of an art that deals with bringing as much anger out of yourself as you can and then distributing it throughout your body (or in charged up attacks to one specific part such as a fist)that results in an instant and dramatic increase in power?

OP
K

KenpoDragon

Why do you have 2 threads about the same thing???? Isn't one enough????

:confused: :asian:

OP
J

Jill666

And no. Focusing your energy, developing your chi, yes.

OP
A

andurilking2

no, it's not a move from dragon ball z it's real
and it's not chi either it focuses on absolute anger rather than ones self (i PERSONALLy find it more effective but i have also advanced further this way than in chi studies)
and im not sure how healthy it is it is very very exhausting and it causes your blood pressure to raise tremendously (i did a power increase in one of those machines in the pharmecy and the digital reader flipped)

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by andurilking2
Anyone heard of an art that deals with bringing as much anger out of yourself as you can and then distributing it throughout your body (or in charged up attacks to one specific part such as a fist)that results in an instant and dramatic increase in power?

Since it seems pretty clear to me that nobody out of the thousands of members here have any idea of what your talking about, it might be good for you to explain.

I don't care how long the post is, but I think that we need an in depth explaination about everything you "know". This would include exactly who you trained with, where he came from, the country/origin of your art, how long you have been training, exactly what you do to train in your art, what have the results been from your training, how many other students trained with your teacher, and etc. etc. etc. etc.

No offense, but what you have said so far sounds pretty far out there. If you expect anyone to take you seriously, I ask that you lay ALL the info. on the table so that we will at least have some sort of idea as to what you are talking about.

Again, please don't take offense. We just need more info, that's all.

THX

PAUL :asian:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Call me an ameture but I like to fall into my strikes. Even Eazy-E had the rap lyric "I start droppin the dogs..." The method you describe sounds very stressfull and energy consuming. Relax because the fight might take more than one or two shots.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was another thread on this but I threw it out as it got ridiculous.

andurilking2 - Post everything you can think of and maybe, just maybe it'll get someones attention.

Given the -limited- info that I have on Indian culture, I find it plausable. But I simply do not have enough hard info.

Afterall, if we believe in Chi, and focus, and 'God', and ESP, etc, how is this much more of a reach?

I dont know much about anything...I do know that when I focus my thoughts in a certain way, sometimes, my hands feel warmer. Is that chi or my imagination? I dunno.

More info....

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think people mistakenly associate chi to: God, Satan, Magic, mysticsm, wholistic practices, weirdos, and freaks.

7sm

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Afterall, if we believe in Chi, and focus, and 'God', and ESP, etc, how is this much more of a reach?

I agree....anything is possible. However, before anyone can make a judgement, we need all the info.

So far the information has been so limited, it would be like me starting a thread and saying "today I was in a seated position without my feet touching the ground, and I was moving foward at 65 miles per hour. Has anybody heard of this before?" Nobody would know what I was talking about, but if I explained further people would soon figure out that I was driving in a car.

So, I am not making any assumptions until I get more info, meaning anderlinking2 needs to give us quite a bit more info. And until this happends, there isn't much any of us can say regarding the matter.

:asian:

OP
A

andurilking2

what i told you is about all you would need to know if you knew much about my art, but ill specify some things.
My master's name was
Grand Master Orin (real name Dave)
another student of his is
Gaurdian Metso Paulo (real name Gino)
the country of origin i have no idea it is a rather unorthadox artform and is very unique to the trainer and the trainee but the "power increases and charged up attacks" seem to be the one staple to all of the practitioners i have ever met.

as for accomplishing a "power increase" or "charged up attack"
it consists of pretty much what i said which is a sort of meditation that involves focusing on nothing but events or in most cases people that cause one anger, then becoming so enraged that you literally cause your heart to beat faster and cause a sort of mental focus on this anger and then "distribute it" mentally throughout your whole body. The result is not as far out as one would think, the elevated heart rate and focus result in the same sort of feeling as a very amplified "adrenaline rush" but it can be sustained for a longer period of time (i am in the very early stages of this practice and my longest "power increase" i can hold for about 4 and a half minutes)

OP
E

Elfan

yes... HYE-DO-KEN
----

Actaully, do you find val salva and other techniques that drasticaly spike abdominal and blood presure helpful in some way while punching? I'm asuming thats what you are talking about.

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

ok so there are no striking or grappling techniques? it just consists of concentrating your anger into a strike? also is there a ranking structure since there is a grand master are there other levels of rank as well? why do they use assumed names such as orin and mesto paulo? is it to add mystery to the art and themselves or do they have some sort of meaning in the art? if there are techniques such as strikes or grappling do you also have forms? do you study weaponry of any kind?

OP
A

andurilking2

no no weapons and no actual ranking systems the tittles were those that were granted by the nmaa and are official titles earned in a tournament of others competing for the same title,
and yes there are attacks as well, but that again is unique to who is teaching and who is learning

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

what is the NMAA? and where are these tournaments held id kinda like to see that... so exactly what would a guardian do? all martial arts at some point become unique to the person practicing it but at the begining level i would think that there would be at least a handfull of basic universal techniques that anyone could learn in order to build upon for the "unique" techniques... of course i could be wrong... so are there uniforms? what are the rules in these tournaments?

OP
A

andurilking2

the nmaa is the national martial arts association and their are roughly 800 titles that can be competed for "grand master" being the highest and then in succesion "master" after that it depends on what you would like and the desirability of the title.

Yes basic moves start out exactly that basic, jab, uppercut, hook, crossover, knifehand, roundhouse kick, jumping front kick, side kick, sweep, ect ect ect continueing with blocks and some grappling skills (very few) as the martial art tends to be more percussive. though most "teachers" tend to name the moves to some significant meaning of their own,
example: Metso Paulo calls a sidekick a "prizzio kick" and a jumping front kick a "wind kick" and he teaches each of his students the significance of the names of those.
He developed his own forms called
Vega-an offensive form
aSpica-a speed centered form
akrux-a defensive form
metso paulo-all of the above and some uniqueness of his own
wizdominic finale-all of the above + alot of mentality and intimidation
Therasinion force- a foolishly offensive form that is fairly devestating
and finaly Higher Metso Paulo- this is his own he never teaches this to anyone but incorporates his whole art.

OP
A

andurilking2

thanx but that's not quite what im talking about, that article is real interesting though and i'm looking forward to looking into it more. again thanx

Latest Discussions