Cats Vs. Dogs

Cats Vs. Dogs

• Cats

• Dogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I grew up with both. I perfer cats. BUT I found out that I'm allergic to cat hair. Our cat ran away, so I didn't get another for that fact. But I would. Not that our dog is bad, he's a dad's boy, though.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that dogs are the clear winner here. That's because cats are awful, stinky, hairy, puking, rotten, useless things. Their job is process cat food, leave the processed cat food in inconvenient locations, destroy your furniture and puke on the bed. Dogs, on the other hand, save people's lives, are tons of fun, fetch, protect, and keep cats away. Clearly, the better pet.

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
I grew up with both kinds of animals and I like them in their own way but I prefer cats. Right now I have one of each. A 14 year old black and white tiger looking short hair cat and a smaller and leaner than average black Labrador retriever.

The dog sheds constantly. My wife bought a Roomba, and that can’t even keep up with what is going on in my house. It’s nasty. He gets under foot, farts, and eats used tissues, q-tips, and band-aids.

The cat keeps to himself for the most part. If you call him over, he will hang out with you and lay beside you. He spends most of his time outdoors.

Both animals have a tendency to leave little “gifts” lying around the house. Personally, I think that the dog’s presents are way smellier than anything the cat drops off.

The animals hang out together a lot. They spend hours playing an animal version of “tag.” If there was a falling out between them, I would bet that the cat would destroy the dog. It seems that the games are always dictated by the cat. If he wants to play, the dog is going to play, whether he wants to or not. If he doesn’t want to play, the dog had better keep his distance.

On a more depressing note, I like cats better than dogs because when it is their time to leave this world, cats tend to just “disappear.” If you haven’t seen the cat around for more than a week, you know that it was his time to go. When a dog gets old and sick, they hang around until they either die in your house or you have to put them down. Way too depressing for me.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Despite ALL in mis-information cats do not need all that much attention..Clean the litter box every couple of days (no worse than scooping up dog poop) leave out some water and dry food and they'll take care and amuse themselves..As I tell my friends who constantly tell me how wonderful it is having a dog yadda, yadda, yadda, I tell them leave your dog alone in the house for 2 days and see what you come home to...

Latest Discussions