Cats Vs. Dogs

Cats Vs. Dogs

• Cats

• Dogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My family has 2 cats. 2 cats too many. I don't like cats. They leap onto my crotch too often, get hair everywhere, stink up the basement, and bother me while I'm sleeping. And get hair everywhere. ****ing cat hair.

Anyway, I prefer dogs. But only if they spend lots of time outside, running around.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Growing up we had alot of cats and dogs. Always loved both. When I left, I got a cat and since adopted one from my wife :) Since I currently have cats, I voted cats...

they do have some benefits. Alot less slobber. No walks at 3 in the morning (if kept indoors). No puddles on the floor. Weigh alot less (typically). Eat alot less.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grew up with Cats all my life but now have two dogs. Cats are snotty and want everything their way. Dogs love you no matter what and are always happy to see you.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No category for the two birds, cockatiels who talk and wake us up in the morning.

My family has two dogs. Or rather I have two shadows, a black one and a white one - where I go they go. No more loyal than dogs, I can bet a fortune as I know I will have a dog in my lap as soon as I sit down, and maybe two if there's not a laptop there too. In obedience class of late, my black poodle didn't get it--why did he have to lie down by the chair when he could be in my lap? Well, it was only the second time asked to do that.

Actually that obedience class was for me, to figure out how to ask him to do stuff. He learned really quickly. He can shake hands, touch plates (hands), heel with me around cones, sit, lie down, stand with me giving just hand signals across the room. But there is one yard, he seems bent on getting into, but hey we aren't perfect and neither are dogs.

In fact, their company sometimes is preferred as they do not judge, never hold any grudges, forgive quickly, always there for a lick, love to get held and hugged, and take whatever you give them with no complaints, the baths, grooming, teeth brushing, nail clipping and heaven forbid, dog food. Are extremely appreciative of treats, walks and under ear scratches. And I had one poodle so patient, that he nearly fell off the little table falling asleep while I was painting him.

But on the other hand, I chose to wear a white TKD uniform yesterday and muddy paws did it in. And one dog chose to lead me a merry chase between pine trees that have grown together (not the obedience class one) and they both need to raise the alarm when the house creaks at night or if my son raids the frig. And they don't seem to "get" that potty papers aren't the only places to go, that when I let them out, they should not "hold it" to come back in and do it on the potty paper. Its Spring after all.

And we humans have to get used to having bones and toys in the bed and not much space to sleep in. But they, my dogs, give more than than they take for sure and two, I've found, is twice the amount of pleasure as one. TW

Mcura

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's dogs by default for me. I'm allergic to cat hair and cat litter boxes.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Cat is like really bad chicken. On the other hand, every time I've had dog, I had seconds....yum!

Seriously, why keep something as a pet that would be trying to eat you (and sometimes seriously contemplates it anyaway)if it were just a little bigger?

Dogs, on the other hand, again, have been our loyal companions for almost as long as we've been "the human race."The first "dogs" came from domesticated wolves at least 17,000 years ago, and maybe 150,000 years ago. Cats have only been "tamed" since about 7500 B.C.

Dogs rule! (and they taste pretty good in soup, too!)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I grew up with dogs, and didn't much like cats. Most of the cats I was around were skittish strays, and I didn't see much to like. I still love dogs, but don't have the room nor the schedule to keep one.

My wife grew up with cats and wanted cats, so when we moved into a place where we could have them, we got two. I fell in love with the little monsters. They rule over the house, have things done their way, pester us, keep us awake at night for no good reason, they leave hair all over the place and I have to clean a lot to keep my mild allergy under control, one of them has athsma and needs periodic injections to keep it under control. They walk all over us when we are sleeping. If I am sleeping on my stomach, Grendel will poke me in the face and eye to get me to roll over so she can curl up next to me under my arm, all the while purring like a lawnmower. Cats are crazy.

They basically take over your life, but I absolutely love them (these two, at least).

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I prefer dogs - I grew up with dogs (even if he was the size of a cat, at 12 pounds). Most cats I know are a little too stand-offish for my taste.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love all kinds of animals, but I'm definitely a cat person. Siamese are my favorite. :) Much less maintenance than dogs; you don't have to bathe them or take them out on walks. Put out some food and water, scoop the litter box once a day, play with them - and they're good to go. Yes, the cats *do* tend to run your house, but that is part of their charm. ;)

I'm proudly owned by two of THE best kitties in the world. How can you not resist these faces?

Attachments

• $MilesandSarah 2-17-02.jpg
    $MilesandSarah 2-17-02.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 110

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Kacey said:
Most cats I know are a little too stand-offish for my taste.

Yeah, but they don't taste too bad after 5 hours in a crock pot....
....or in a nice stir-fry with onions, peppers and a sesame sauce.....:lol2:

Swordlady said:
Siamese are my favorite.

Mine too!!].....:lol2: ( I kill me!!)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have two cats myself.

Hair everywhere, but I like to brush them to keep the hair down.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm a cat lover and a dog lover. Have 2 cats called Bonnie and clyde (original names eh:) ) and a labrador pup called Karla. she is 11 months old.

Attachments

• $karla3.jpg
    $karla3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 98

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
Heh... for the dog lovers

MA,

What you do not see is that the Cat is the officer in charge of the "Bird", so this is no different as the enlisted almost always have thought about shooting their officer in charge. ;)

All in fun everyone, for those who love animals as I do, I just do not have the time for a Dog so I will not punish one by haivng one and having it be in a kennel most of the time. Also no disrepesct to those who serve in the Military. :)

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
elder999 said:
Mine too!!].....:lol2: ( I kill me!!)

Lemme guess...you were also a fan of a certain furry alien from Melmac, right? ;)

HA! :D

Latest Discussions