Can one fight off any illness with just staying healthy and execising ?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://imgur.com/27K39.jpg

27K39.jpg

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
the answer is one word

N O ! ! You can NOT! next stupid question??:dalek::biggun::yoda::feedtroll

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This would apply that we can overcome HIV,Anthrax,Ebola virus and 2-4 level virus. I am unsure what staying healthy means. I suppose if you are staying healthy by avoiding the viruses then yes. But if you are exposed to it You are not staying healthy,Eating right is not going to stop you from dying.

By the way Qigong is not going to save you from level 2-4 viruses either. :p

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey Chinto I tried to positve rep you on this thread I am not sure if it went thru. I tried to Private message you but your inbox is full. For some reason it would not let me leave a comment.

Let me know if you got it.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
From the gist of Bill's link, I would conclude that your question is a two part question that deserves a two-part answer:

1. In general, I do believe that a healthier person has a greater chance of fighting off common diseases(colds, run of the mill flus, etc) by exercising, eating right, getting plenty of sleep and such, but

2. that does not appear to be the case with the Swine flu, which activates cytokine storms that turn the healthy immune system against the body.

Perhaps to fight the swine flu, we should all eat badly, sleep poorly, stop washing our hands and stop exercising so that we contract the common cold. Then just sit back and watch our horrible immune systems kick that swine sucker into next week!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
the answer is one word

N O ! ! You can NOT! next stupid question??:dalek::biggun::yoda::feedtroll

:eek: What do you mean NO!!! :tantrum:... I was staying healthy and I..... um... :uhohh: no wait.... I still got Gastroenteritis :mrtoilet: and ended up in the ER.:disgust:

But wait... I was working out all the time and when everyone else got sick:disgust:....aaaa....I.....um......got laryingitis :uhohh:....hmmm...... I guess the answer is no after all :rolleyes:

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
No. I still get sick.

What I do notice is that when I'm eating right, excercising, etc. That I get sick a littel less often and nto as severely. I'm generally lress tsressed and my body is able to do what it needs to do. However, I stillg et colds and such. Really nasty stuff would still be really nasty.

Being healthy gives me a better quality of life....makes me feel better mroe of the time. It does not make me superman.

Peace,
Erik

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator's Note:

This thread has been moved to the appropriate forum.

-Ronald Shin
-MT Supermoderator

Latest Discussions