RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

That's what you think! You are getting cleaned out by the Mrs. :rofl:

I think you're about 26 years too late in telling me this.:mad:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by GouRonin

Hey, I'm only wearing this stupid belt and unifrom so that I can go hang out with my friend.

Gee, thanks loads. I think I'll go take your dog for a walk.:(

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Kirk

Who all is planning on attending Mr Duffy's camp, this October?

I wanna try and go again so I can meet with the "Masta of Disasta!" (Trejo):cool:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

I would have loaned you mine but you could use my jacket as a a parachute and my belt as a bungee cord for your next jump

To all concerned:

Remember, when you borrow from Seig, it's with 50% interest!:2pistols:

Failure to pay on time results in a loss of a few fingers!:eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess

Pssst.. Ricardo.. Methinks Seigs' talking about me..*smirks*
Seig and I share Everything.. Uh huh :)

Seig, talk about you? No way! He will not bite the hand that feeds him.(Watch those fingers):eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

Warrior Weekend at Master Greenes Camp 7/22/02

Just got back after a 14 hr trip. Not for the faint hearted if you cannot stand a all out tour of Texas/Oklahoma!

Well, there were about 25 of us, plus 4 Master Instructors!

Sat morning started early at 8:30 with a Okinawan Bo Staff form, that is done by Master Greenes Association,
led by Master Kennedy from Kansas. Lots of fun to do, good weapons practice for me.

The second session was led by Master Greene covering "Blitzes!"
Several combinations, the finer points of striking , the damage it can create, and important points made
about force, body torque.

The 3rd session was led by Master Terry Bryan which covered "China Hands" form. Lots of applications that
can easily carry over to much of our work, philosophy of the form, as well as working with a partner. A big plus,
the applications of Tai-Chi were also brought out where as the form was being done by Master Simmons
daughter Katie, Master Bryan was showing those applications with one of his students.

Though it was not a pure "Kenpo" gathering per se, much of the information can easily be carried over to our
work. You just gotta keep an "Open Mind" as to what is being brought out!

I was also given a few "finer" points about our work in Kenpo by Master Simmons. I expect these "points" to
go a long way in going back to fine tune my work, and teaching!(More homework)

The evening was a gathering with Master Greene as a Master Chef, dolling out those hamburgers, sausage
links, and plenty of food for all.

The evening ended with a presentation of gifts of appreciation for the visiting Instructors, and Black Belt
diplomas handed out to his students. (Katie Simmons was promoted to 1st Black Belt)

In all, a very informative weekend, lots of friendly people willing to help, no egos here!

Special note: Master Greene is a No-Nonsense person with a strong fighting history, and students that are
champions in their own right. Yet, Master Greene is very friendly, open, helpful, very hospitable. He hopes to
make these sessions a yearly event.

I "Thank him" for a great weekend! Photos to come soon!

:asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

From The Huk Planas instructor camp in Ohio where I was with Big Guy from Martialtalk and we met up with JFarnsworth there too. I also stopped in and hung out with Renegade and Kaith in NY on the way home. They tried to sic Renegade's dogs on me but they underestimated my psychic abilities with dogs. Also I bribed them with hamburgers so they loved me. Then Renegade tried to drown me. What a fun time.

Farnsworth is a nice guy and can really rip up some good flesh when he steps on the mat.

I'll be posting a review of the seminar on the CKF website.

OP
E

Elfan

*bump*

How about this summer? I know there is the IKC in Boston but what else are people planning to attend?

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
There is always lots of new information poping up there!

Latest Discussions