Camps?? What When and Where??

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Are they open to all ranks or black belts only?

I'm a black belt in TKD but only a blue in kenpo, and so my instructor just has me wear my BB but with a blue stripe on it so he knows where I'm at. Now I would feel a little awkward wearing it a kenpo camp, but when Mr. Parker came to my first kenpo instructors school, I wore it that way (only I was an orange at that time).

But anyways, back to the original question: how does it work for us color belts?

:asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by RCastillo

I get the hint, when, and where shall I make payments to the Hit Man? And here I thought Organized Crime was slowing down. Now, it's invaded Kenpo!:eek:

I guess Seig can now buy you that Mercedes Benz you've always wanted! Ah, the life of a wife, and her Mobster husband in the FAST lane!
Mercedes Hell! I want a 3/4 Ton Dodge P/U, extended cab, 4x4, Deisel.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by GouRonin

There are at least 3 of those events I will be at.

Seminars with the "Hells Angels chapter of Canada does not count!:eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

Mercedes Hell! I want a 3/4 Ton Dodge P/U, extended cab, 4x4, Deisel.

Have Igot news for you............you just got cleaned out by the Mrs.:eek:

OP
G

GouRonin

Seminars with the "Hells Angels chapter of Canada" does not count!

I have to find my old Gi's and some kind of belt now, because they won't let you take the seminar if you don't have a uniform.

Blah...
:cuss:

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Scott Bonner
Gou, go for plaid belt.

Hmmm...if I had one I would. You know the old saying, "Chicks dig me because I wear Plaid boxer shorts." Actually I don't know if that's a saying at all. I just made it up.

You have any extra belts I could borrow? Someone? Anyone wanna lend me a belt? Jaybacca stole my magic white belt and won't give it back.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Camps are great... you roast hotdogs, make s'mores, tell scary stories, get drunk and run into things...DOH!:rofl:

OP
K

Kirk

Hmmm...if I had one I would. You know the old saying, "Chicks dig me because I wear Plaid boxer shorts." Actually I don't know if that's a saying at all. I just made it up.

The closest saying to it that I know of would be:

"Chicks dig me, cause I rarely wear underwear, and when I do,
it's something unusual" -- Bill Murray (in the movie Stripes)

You have any extra belts I could borrow? Someone? Anyone wanna lend me a belt? Jaybacca stole my magic white belt and won't give it back.

If I loaned you one of mine, it'd be dragging on the ground.

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by kenpo3631
Camps are great... you roast hotdogs, make s'mores, tell scary stories, get drunk and run into things...DOH!

I forgot. Lance has been to camps with me. This year I plan to be a good boy at JKKENPO.com's summer camp.

To answer Klondike. Any rank can go and there are classes for every rank to be at. Some camps put everyone on the same floor. Some seperate them up. Just go. That's the main thing. But if you do go...can you lend me an extra belt? Kirk is being poopy and not sharing. You know how it is, make a guy a moderator on the internet and they forget their friends.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Gou go for the plaid belt.

You know Gou you could always get yourself a camoflague belt. Only the toughest MA'ists wear one of those, and you know they are all the style around here. ;)

dot

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by KenpoGirl
ou know Gou you could always get yourself a camoflague belt. Only the toughest MA'ists wear one of those, and you know they are all the style around here.

Maybe they would lend it to me if I asked nicely.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would like to go the one in October in Texas that GD is going to be at, but it's the same time I'm going Elk hunting (if there's anything left of the mountains from the summer). But I might just blow it off and get down there. I hear good things all the time and would like to try it out.

You don't have to be a member of the organization do you?

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Klondike93

I would like to go the one in October in Texas that GD is going to be at, but it's the same time I'm going Elk hunting (if there's anything left of the mountains from the summer). But I might just blow it off and get down there. I hear good things all the time and would like to try it out.

You don't have to be a member of the organization do you?

No worries mate! I went, forced myself on them!(Thanks to DC, of course) No, you don't have to be a member! The food is good, and they're pretty nice bunch of folks!

Be forwarned though, they have an early morning run on Sat , along with exercices, so be in some sort of shape!:eek: I'm serious! Be the STUD that you are!

OP
G

GouRonin

I managed to score myself a belt. Thanx! You're all beautiful people!

OP
R

RCastillo

I managed to score myself a belt. Thanx! You're all beautiful people!

Welcome back to the fold, Lord Ronin!:samurai:

OP
G

GouRonin

Welcome back to the fold, Lord Ronin!

Hey, I'm only wearing this stupid belt and unifrom so that I can go hang out with my friend.

OP
K

Kirk

Who all is planning on attending Mr Duffy's camp, this October?

Latest Discussions