Camps?? What When and Where??

B

brianhunter

What camps and seminars do people know of going on this summer?? Where and When??

OP
K

Kirk

Ed Parker Jr. Seminar on June 29th.

School:
American Kenpo Karate

Address:
5440 Babcock Rd. Suite 125
San Antonio, Texas

Curtis Abernathy

Phone:
(210) 699 - 3686

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I never went to a camp/seminar before, but I just got back from one last weekend. It was three days with James Keating going over knife and counter-knife work. Awesome stuff, great instructor, now I have to start saving up for next years Riddle of Steel.

Lamont

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Mr. C,

I've been over here for awhile, but now that I'm not a student anymore I can't sit on these forums all day! This dang job is putting a crimp on my netsurfing time! Where are my priorities?!!

:D

Lamont

OP
D

DoctorB

Originally posted by brianhunter

What camps and seminars do people know of going on this summer?? Where and When??

Here is the newest update on the Escrima-Kenpo Summer Training Camp that I am hosting this coming weekend at Erie Community College, North Campus Gymnasium, Williamsville, NY:

The format will feature two instructors teaching at the same time. The time blocks will run 90 minutes each from:
9:30 - 11am and 11am - 12:30
Lunch Break
2 -3:30pm and 3:30 -5pm,
both Saturday and Sunday.

Datu Tim Hartman, has been added to the list of program instructors. For those of you have an interest in the proposed 2003 Modern Arnis Symposium, this camp offers an excellent opportunity to preview a couple of the people who will also be instructing at that event, Tim Hartman and Punong Guro Tom Bolden.

These are participation sessions and people should come prepared to workout with the various instructors. Uniforms and belts are optional. Tee shirts and gi paints are sufficant. I am suggesting that people wear sneakers since we might take some seesions outside depending on the weather and each instructor's inclinations.

There is no minimum rank requirement. Everyone, including brand new students are welcome to participate. The real goal of the camp is to give people an opportunity to see how seemingly different arts Escrima/Arnis and Kenpo, actually share some common movements and ideas.

The projected instructor presentations are as follows, but changes may still occur at the last minute:

Saturday Sessions:

1. PG Tom Bolden - Pancipanci Eskrima & Sensei Dawad Muhummad - Parker Kenpo w/ Jujitsu
2. Sensei Ernie McPeek - Tracy Kenpo & Dr. Jerome Barber -Paradigm Eskrima Empty Hand Self-defense
3. Sensei Joe Rebelo - Parker Kenpo S/D Knife Usage & Datu Tim Hartman - Modern Arnis
4. PG Tom Bolden - Pancipanci Eskrima & Sensei Ernie McPeek -Tracy Kenpo

Sunday Sessions:

1. Sensei Joe Rebelo - Parker Kenpo & Sensei Dawad Muhummad -Parker Kenpo w/ Jujitsu
2. Datu Tim Hartman - Modern Arnis Knife & Sensei Ernie McPeek -Tracy Kenpo
3. PG Tom Bolden - Pancipanci Eskrima Kicking Drill & Joe Rebelo -Parker Kenpo S/D Knife
4. Collective Session featuring all of the instructors for demo and a Q&A opportunity.

The Camp Fee structure is as follows:

$175 until Thursday, July 11.
$200 at the door
$100 for a single full day session
Group rates for 2-5 people and 5+ people are still availible
Contact me via e-mail for additional information:
[email protected]

Jerome Barber, Ed.D.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Be certain to check the CALENDAR here for dates, and use the SEARCH funtion (Keyword "camp"), both located top right on the screen.

I know JK Kenpos got 1 comming up soon. http://jkkenpo.com for more info.

:asian:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's one I got in my email the other day..

Mike Cappi's
AMERICAN KARATE STUDIO
Presents the:
9th Annual
Fall Fling Kenpo Camp 2002
October 25th, 26th & 27th

Featuring:
Huk Planas 9th * Lee Wedlake 8th
John Sepulveda 8th *Zack Whitson 5th
Mike Cappi 4th & Ed Parker, Jr.

Covering:
Technique Short Cuts* Form 7
Grafting *Purple Belt Extensions
Kali Knife Applications

Friday Night Adult Seminar with: “Huk” Planas $25.00
Friday Night Kids’s Seminar with: Ed Parker, Jr. $15.00

There will be a Halloween Costume
Party on Saturday night!
(Halloween Costume Suggested)

Live Entertainment by: Vonilla – Gorilla
(Musicians are Welcome to Play with the Band)

FREE CAMP PATCH & CERTIFICATE
~ ~ KENPO SCHOOL PLAQUES ~ ~

Camp Fee Including Banquet Dinner $109.00
Before October 15th

Or $129.00 up to the day of the event.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only 4 Dozen Special Kenpo Camp Shirts
Will be available by Pre-Order Only: Cost $15.00

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corporate Rate at the BEST WESTERN
-Mention Kenpo- (3.5 mi. from Camp), 215-368-3800

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Registration Info:
AMERICAN KARATE STUDIO
801 W. Main St.
Lansdale, PA 19442
215-361-CHOP (2467)
WWW.AMERICANKARATE.COM
[email protected]

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lee Wedlake seminar
Mt.Vernon, OH
Sat. July 13, 2002
Little Dragon 12:30 - 1:00pm
Juniors 1:00 - 1:45
Adults 2:00 - 3:30

Huk Planas
Mentor, OH
July 19 7:00 - 8:30pm

Huk Planas
Mentor, OH
Oct. 11th 7:00 - 8:30pm

At this moment that's all I know of in my area.
Jason Farnsworth

OP
R

RCastillo

Master Roger Greens Camp ( His Kenpo family, Tracys), in Tulsa, Ok, on July 19, 20 ,21

Then, I'm going to Cincinnati, OH, Master Al's camp at his sons studio on August 16, 17 ,18th.:samurai: :karate:

If I survive both of them, I'll give you a report on my activities in both camps!

Thank You!

OP
S

SolidTiger

I never been to a camp before, I hope to go someday. Do you just learn techniques for about three days? what do you learn from camps?

Thank you

SolidTiger

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by SolidTiger

I never been to a camp before, I hope to go someday. Do you just learn techniques for about three days? what do you learn from camps?

Thank you

SolidTiger

In our case (Tracys) we will be going over many forms, some techniques to be sure, and some important information in regards to the future, and the organization itself.

BTW, I like the handle "Solid Tiger":samurai:

Respects!:asian:

OP
S

SolidTiger

Thanks, I just won't to learn as much as I can, because my
dream is to take all the fighting arts I know and put togther
all the moves and techniques that I like.

Thank you

SolidTiger

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

Master Roger Greens Camp ( His Kenpo family, Tracys), in Tulsa, Ok, on July 19, 20 ,21

Then, I'm going to Cincinnati, OH, Master Al's camp at his sons studio on August 16, 17 ,18th.:samurai: :karate:

If I survive both of them, I'll give you a report on my activities in both camps!

Thank You!

Gee..calculating the distance from Cincinnati to Shepherdstown,WV.. *wicked gleam in eye.. M'ere Ricardo.. We have business to attend to.. ~! Ha ~!

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess

Gee..calculating the distance from Cincinnati to Shepherdstown,WV.. *wicked gleam in eye.. M'ere Ricardo.. We have business to attend to.. ~! Ha ~!

I get the hint, when, and where shall I make payments to the Hit Man? And here I thought Organized Crime was slowing down. Now, it's invaded Kenpo!:eek:

I guess Seig can now buy you that Mercedes Benz you've always wanted! Ah, the life of a wife, and her Mobster husband in the FAST lane!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

I get the hint, when, and where shall I make payments to the Hit Man? And here I thought Organized Crime was slowing down. Now, it's invaded Kenpo!:eek:

I guess Seig can now buy you that Mercedes Benz you've always wanted! Ah, the life of a wife, and her Mobster husband in the FAST lane!

you can just make payments via paypal to me.. *nodding emphatically.. and no mercedes benz for this woman.. I'll take some mats.. kicking shields.. bigger studio.. and some time off with Seig so we can go a traveling around the countryside and look up some of these Kenpo Characters.. yeah that sounds like a plan~! *tongue in cheek

OP
S

shawn monday

Brian tell jeff that our 1st camp at the school is taking place on August 10 @ 1:00 pm.

We will post who will be at the camp later this week

have an awsome kenpo day......Shawn Monday

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess

you can just make payments via paypal to me.. *nodding emphatically.. and no mercedes benz for this woman.. I'll take some mats.. kicking shields.. bigger studio.. and some time off with Seig so we can go a traveling around the countryside and look up some of these Kenpo Characters.. yeah that sounds like a plan~! *tongue in cheek

Sounds like a plan, except, ....................what do you tell Seig when YOU get the money first hand, and not him?

:eek:

OP
G

GouRonin

There are at least 3 of those events I will be at.