BS and the internal arts.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
KFW, did you really think that taijiquan guys never move their feet or move around to a person's side?
I agree. The Taiji Quan forms pretty much highlight foot movement.
Here's a 2 man fighting set
I tend to think of Wing Chun as having more restricted foot work in comparison to other martial arts.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
By the way, in your video, black shirt is fighting very badly. His weight is back, and his front leg is out ahead of his punch, inviting you to sweep it. In other words, the part of his body closest to you is not a weapon, but a target. Bad.
The guy in the black shirt is doing the right thing for the training. The guy in the shorts is the one with the bad structure and sweep technique. Not everyone is good at a sweep and more goes into a sweep than just kicking the leg.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
KFW, did you really think that taijiquan guys never move their feet or move around to a person's side?
I'm talking about "circle running". You move around your opponent in a circle and he is the center of that circle.

circle_running.jpg

Here is an example. Within 14 seconds, both guys made 2 complete 360 degree circle rotation.

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
S
I'm talking about "circle running". You move around your opponent in a circle and he is the center of that circle.

circle_running.jpg

Here is an example. Within 14 seconds, both guys made 2 complete 360 degree circle rotation.

Sounds more like something out of Bagua than Tai Chi.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sounds more like something out of Bagua than Tai Chi.
I have to keep moving in circle around my opponent. I also don't think this "moving around" is a Taiji answer.

I had described the "circle running - keep moving in circle around my opponent" but I used the term "moving around" instead. I didn't know this can upset so many Taiji guys.

The WC guys here are sensitive. lol
The Taiji guys here are also "sensitive". :)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I had described the "circle running - keep moving in circle around my opponent" but I used the term "moving around" instead. I didn't know this can upset so many Taiji guys.

The Taiji guys here are also "sensitive". :)
Nice. lol.

Zeny

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Are you guys seriously talking about musical instruments and cows in a thread called BS and the internal arts? :D

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys seriously talking about musical instruments and cows in a thread called BS and the internal arts? :D

Well, I don't know if "seriously" is the right word...