Broken Gift, Gift of Destiny etc..

R

Rainman

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

deflection is only one means of avoiding attack... what about a slip!

:asian:

What are you answering here? Universally in the context of deflect dominate destroy as is to divert, sieze, control disarm. LOL, I know what/when a bob, weave, roll, slip, etc., can be used for. That wasn't the context of my inquiry- if and only if you were talking to me.:)

S

Self_Destruct

Originally posted by Rainman

Is deflect, dominate, destroy used as a supplement to divert sieze control disarm or a replacement? I think deflect may also be used to describe misalignment of bone and muscle. Sometimes a squeeze may act as a warning and the deflection would be in reference to romoving bracing angles and strength factors. Dominate would be gaseous expansion and control on dimensional zones (pretty much the beginning of the end) destroy is easy. Is deflect, dominate, destroy used universally as in armed vs unarmed, unarmed vs. unarmed etc? It doesn't say about controlling angle of versitility as does divert sieze control disarm. Interesting stuff keep it going.

I would have to say I agree with everything you said. I wish I could go into greater detail but I am still somewhat new to the UKF having switched from the IKKA and still in the learning stages and far from an expert in this. Deflect, Dominate, Destroy is used universally regardless of situation. True, deflection isn't the only way to avoid an attack but keep in mind some of the techniques have been slightly changed to keep with the Attack the Attack/Deflect, Dominate, Destroy mindset. You might want to checkout the UKF website...it goes into detail about some of this stuff.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
to help you keep in line with priorities necessary to become victorious in battle.

Deflect..... you need to either not be there or deflect the on coming action or get hit.

Dominate.... is to control completely the entire salutation.

Destroy.... is a choice to incapacitate the attacker so as to not allow further actions. There may very well be other philosophies that you could choose as well...... not "always" do we choose to "destroy" anything, yet at other times it is the best option.

R

Rainman

Originally posted by Self_Destruct

I would have to say I agree with everything you said. I wish I could go into greater detail but I am still somewhat new to the UKF having switched from the IKKA and still in the learning stages and far from an expert in this. Deflect, Dominate, Destroy is used universally regardless of situation. True, deflection isn't the only way to avoid an attack but keep in mind some of the techniques have been slightly changed to keep with the Attack the Attack/Deflect, Dominate, Destroy mindset. You might want to checkout the UKF website...it goes into detail about some of this stuff.

Maybe you could describe a tek that has been altered to follow the attack/Deflect, Dominate, Destroy mindset. Sounds fun to me.

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by brianhunter

Hey aggressive handshakes happen in Pro Wrestling all the time!!

Hey,

I heard someone say that all that wrestling stuff was all fake.

Can you beleive that someone would start a rumour like that?

We may be all the way over here in England, but we're not stupid.

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Les

We may be all the way over here in England, but we're not stupid.

We're not no!

(Me and Les have to stick together, there's no other British peeps in here!! That I know of...)

Ian.

S

Self_Destruct

Originally posted by Rainman

Maybe you could describe a tek that has been altered to follow the attack/Deflect, Dominate, Destroy mindset. Sounds fun to me.

I would like to but one thing Mr. Pick is very serious about is keeping UKF material within the UKF and not spreading it around or posting it on the internet. I made a promise when I started training with the UKF and I am bound by it. I can say this though...this stuff is serious and not for everyone. Especially the knife stuff. When I was first checking out the UKF and found out the techniques were different I was not pleased and almost didn't bother because of it. But I'm glad I did.

If you have a UKF school in your area I'm sure they will be willing to share info with you and show you what it's all about. Or you could contact Mr. Pick yourself. I'm sure Mr. C....I mean GoldenDragon must know him.

R

Rainman

I would like to but one thing Mr. Pick is very serious about is keeping UKF material within the UKF and not spreading it around or posting it on the internet. I made a promise when I started training with the UKF and I am bound by it. I can say this though...this stuff is serious and not for everyone. Especially the knife stuff. When I was first checking out the UKF and found out the techniques were different I was not pleased and almost didn't bother because of it. But I'm glad I did.

If you have a UKF school in your area I'm sure they will be willing to share info with you and show you what it's all about. Or you could contact Mr. Pick yourself. I'm sure Mr. C....I mean GoldenDragon must know him.

Same as you have loyalties I do as well... It is important that I honor them in a simular albeit less rigid format than the rules you must adhere to. Kinda limits you on what you can say though which leaves you out of basically all arguments;)

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV

Self Destruct, I am about to go on a rant and I hope you do not take offense or take it personally. IF any others are offended, my apologies now. The entire tenor of this post just chaps my :moon: . This is not against Self Destruct personally, but directed at ANYONE that feels KNOWLEDGE that they have gained form someone else, belongs to them! If you are an AK stylist, even an offshoot, then your knowledge stems from Mr. Parker, and even though I was not blessed with his acquaintance, I think he would be appalled that people take his gift, rearrange, call it their own and then refuse to share with any one seeking knowledge, simply because they did not join his organization. Now, SD, I respect the fact that you made a promise and honor dictates you keep said promise. That is not what has my knickers in a twist, it's the fact that you had to make the :cuss: thing to begin with. I will not, because I am in a fowl mood address some other things in this post, because it will become an personal attack that is probably undeserved and unwarranted.....:soapbox:

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

I am in a fowl mood

Seig feels like Chicken Tonight? Sorry :0)

I entirely agree though, knowledge should be shared. However, most closed systems that I've come accross really aren't that special, they just enjoy creating some sort of aura of mystery.

In my mind, if you have something which you are proud of most people are more willing to share it rather than guard it, questioning the quality of most closely guarded things anyway.

If people don't share things then they just die out, and one of our aims is to keep American Kenpo alive, so sharing is makes a lot more sense...

Ian.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seig, I see you have a new patch icon, can you post a larger picture somewhere and give a little insight into it?

Latest Discussions