Big gray clouds over me

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh boy bad news for Manny, I will try to not overwrite because my english is not good. Some weeks ago my sambonim told me he's living, he will return to Mexico City where he had the Headquarter and some other dojangs, I was in shock!!!

The reasons are quite simple but not want to talk so much about them, I think his marriage is over and the building where the actual dojang is located is of his wife I think and ... welll he's living to Mexico City afther the Black Belt examination next july.

Sambonim told me he wanted to leave a dojang here in my city below the eye of one of the head instructors and as long as I know they are making efforts to find a nice place where to start again. Becuase of my job I have no time to get involved in the reestructuration and franckly don't have the time and money to be a partner with my sabonim is this new journey.

I don't know what TKD will be for me for the next months, maybe I will continue participating if the dojang remains in a good location near by or maybe I will take another martial art, maybe return to Kenpo Karate or maybe taking aikido once more.

Manny

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Manny. I hope everything works out and you can continue to train!

Thank you, something I want to tell you guys is I will not stay away of martial art, maybe I will retake Kenpo Karate (I am orange belt) or perhaps I will go train with a Shoto Kan sensei friend of mine.

Manny

Rumy73

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck in your journey. I was happy to study martial arts outside tkd. I am happier training on my own, using all that I learned from various martial arts. Your future is wide open.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, Manny, that nothing prevents you from training on your own, even if the new dojang isn't convenient for you. Por que you pienso es importante, you attempto en espanol. Ud. puede practicar en su casa o en una parque, por ejemplo. Y yo soy seguro quienquiera su maestro dice hecho la escuela nuevo, este persona quiere que usted continuar a ayudar en la instrucion ayer. La mas importante cosa es que ud. no para practicando!

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Manny I highly recommend Ryuku Kempo Kyushio Jistu Karate Do much more knowledge than TKD Mc Do Jo stay to traditional MA not Sport train for your health and peace of sprit there are many good brothers to turn to in this and some very prominent in TKD that will not lie to you. Help your family first then those few willing to listen to the truth and train for the right reasons let it go its not worth chasing commercial or sport part of TKD. I love the traditional TKD brothers in Korea and my best friend now testing this week their for 8th Dan but he is still one of the most accomplished Kempo Ryuku and Kyushion Jitsu GM Masters in the US. Listen to your Ki and do what is right for you and your family first

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manny I highly recommend Ryuku Kempo Kyushio Jistu Karate Do much more knowledge than TKD Mc Do Jo stay to traditional MA not Sport train for your health and peace of sprit there are many good brothers to turn to in this and some very prominent in TKD that will not lie to you. Help your family first then those few willing to listen to the truth and train for the right reasons let it go its not worth chasing commercial or sport part of TKD. I love the traditional TKD brothers in Korea and my best friend now testing this week their for 8th Dan but he is still one of the most accomplished Kempo Ryuku and Kyushion Jitsu GM Masters in the US. Listen to your Ki and do what is right for you and your family first

Those MA you advise me are rare here in my city and in my country the MA available are: Karate Do Shotkan, TKD, Aikido, some little Judo, and the new crazy thing... yeap you name it... MMA/UFC ahh and Kenpo karate (one dojo).

Lets see how thing are going on and I will post here.

Manny

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good luck Manny. Remember, when one door shuts, another door opens. I'm sure you'll find a good place to train.
:asian:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those MA you advise me are rare here in my city and in my country the MA available are: Karate Do Shotkan, TKD, Aikido, some little Judo, and the new crazy thing... yeap you name it... MMA/UFC ahh and Kenpo karate (one dojo).

Lets see how thing are going on and I will post here.

Manny
There's also some folks training in Bando - but I think they're in Mexico City.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you, Manny. I've had a similar thing happen to me twice, twenty years apart. Hang in there, brother, you got the love for the arts so this is going to work out somehow. We're here for you when you want to talk.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm so sorry Manny. I know how much you love training Taekwondo. I hope you are able to continue training somewhere doing something you love.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you enjoy teaching you may want to check out whether a local park District , Community center or YMCA would like you to run a program for them. Allows t\yo to teacha nad trian and maybe make a little $ to pay for your own training.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hang in there Manny. Only you can decide which opportunity near you will suit you. TKD is a good MA. But maybe, if it isn't available, it is time to try another MA, at least up to BB, and maybe by then there will be another TKD opportunity near you.

Latest Discussions