Bar-Brawl Evangelism. Come Join In...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Oh aye mister Kreth.. so its ME youre talking bout? Thats slander that is.. ..or is it libel? :idunno: Ahh but why am I asking you .. you.. you scurrilous scallywag stirring up troubleand shaking the wasp nests here..leave the critters ALONE they are harmless up under the eaves of this old desolate building here..

but you have slandered my good name that is unforgiveable.. :whip:

in Hong Kong.. you would be dead ;)..

well.. we will see bout that.. bring trouble to the house of the Grandmaster of Pillows would you? Ha! your demise will be hasty my friend and no mistake! Summary justice you shall have.. but it will not be swift.. it will be protracted and painful.. live by the pillow.. die by the pillow.. :D

JENNA NOTE: PLEASE KEEP THE CONVERSATIONS RESPECTFUL.. OTHERWISE I WILL BE ALL OVER ALL YALL LIKE AN UNDIAGNOSABLE RASH!
Jenna from the block

But I think Jeff aka Kreth would like what you just proposed. ;) :D :lol:

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
Oh aye mister Kreth.. so its ME youre talking bout? Thats slander that is.. ..or is it libel? :idunno: Ahh but why am I asking you .. you.. you scurrilous scallywag stirring up trouble and shaking the wasp nests here..leave the critters ALONE they are harmless up under the eaves of this old desolate building here..
Me, stir up trouble? :kiss:
but you have slandered my good name that is unforgiveable.. :whip:
Wouldn't that require you to have a good name in the first place? :sadsong:
in Hong Kong.. you would be dead ;)..
Bah, the triads fear ninja. :ninja:
well.. we will see bout that.. bring trouble to the house of the Grandmaster of Pillows would you? Ha! your demise will be hasty my friend and no mistake! Summary justice you shall have.. but it will not be swift.. it will be protracted and painful.. live by the pillow.. die by the pillow.. :D
For some reason this reminds me of the Python sketch about killing a man with a banana. :p

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Me, stir up trouble?
What.. so it is not true what they say? shut your windows.. close your shutters.. bring in your cattle.. for Jeff "trail of destruction" Velten is heading for town.. your pictures are everywhere.. $10 bounty on your head and a bottle o whiskey (dead or alive).. ha! ;) :D

Wouldn't that require you to have a good name in the first place?
oooh you are a heartless scoundrel to me mister Kreth.. sir here is my gauntlet thrown down on the ground! I shall see you at dawn on the heath! lady chooses weapons :)

Bah, the triads fear ninja.
triads fear ninja? mister Kreth where have you been.. this is the great new millennium.. it is the harbinger of an era of cooperation and commerce.. triads do not fear the ninja.. triads bought out 51% stock in the ninja and now triads wear funny goathoof tabi boots and peddle power rangers lunchboxes and satchels too.. welcome to the new evil! ha! :D

For some reason this reminds me of the Python sketch about killing a man with a banana.
.. hmmm **strokes beard** killing a man with a banana I think mister Kreth you are giving yourself away with several classic Freudian slips here my friend, LOL, ha! :D now.. look at this picture.. what does it remind you of.. no not a pink flamingo.. LOL! nah.. I is just messin wid ya mind .. :)

uh-oh.. shurikens are drawn.. I am off to hide in my padded cell.. everything be alright there :)

Be good now,
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna said:
What.. so it is not true what they say? shut your windows.. close your shutters.. bring in your cattle.. for Jeff "trail of destruction" Velten is heading for town.. your pictures are everywhere.. $10 bounty on your head and a bottle o whiskey (dead or alive).. ha! ;) :D
Only $10? Didn't Billy the Kid have a bounty of $200? And I'm way more eviler than he ever was. I even um... I killed a 6-pack just to watch it die! :uhyeah:
oooh you are a heartless scoundrel to me mister Kreth.. sir here is my gauntlet thrown down on the ground! I shall see you at dawn on the heath! lady chooses weapons :)
No ma'am. If you offer a challenge, then I have choice of weapons. I will choose... the monpa. :p
triads fear ninja? mister Kreth where have you been.. this is the great new millennium.. it is the harbinger of an era of cooperation and commerce.. triads do not fear the ninja.. triads bought out 51% stock in the ninja and now triads wear funny goathoof tabi boots and peddle power rangers lunchboxes and satchels too.. welcome to the new evil! ha! :D
You have your classic ninja and neo-ninja confused here... :ninja:
.. hmmm **strokes beard** killing a man with a banana I think mister Kreth you are giving yourself away with several classic Freudian slips here my friend, LOL, ha! :D now.. look at this picture.. what does it remind you of.. no not a pink flamingo.. LOL! nah.. I is just messin wid ya mind .. :)
Speaking of slips, that's the 2nd time you've commented about stroking your beard. Identity crisis, or would you happen to be in the circus? :lol:
uh-oh.. shurikens are drawn.. I am off to hide in my padded cell.. everything be alright there :)
Ah, excellent! No one would be suspicious at all of screams coming from a padded cell. MWAHAHAHAHAHA

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Damn I go away or a couple of hours and when I come back it is The Erp Ninjas against the Dalton Triads in Big trouble in Little China Coral.
Which is at least as productive as all the phallus waving that was going on previously.

Oh, and I'm more str33t™ than you... :uhyeah:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Which is at least as productive as all the phallus waving that was going on previously.

Oh, and I'm more str33t™ than you... :uhyeah:

Very true

And as to the "more str33t™ than you" comment.

I will save us both time

No you Don't
Yes I do
No You don't
Yes I do
Repeat 7000 more times

OK maybe you do but my art is better that your art, it is more realistic

No it isn't
Yes it is
Repeat above 5000 times

OK Well nah nah na nah na
icon10.gif

Im done

Honestly, you very likely do.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh, as much as I enjoy the entertainment value of the last few pages, lets try and return this thread to its original topic....or let it die a much deserved death.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I have no counter to the lethal nah nah na nah na technique. You win. :lol:

I had one women teach me an extension to the famous Nah Nah nah na nah nah technique.

She added Boo Boo to the end of it.

So Nah Nah nah na nah na nah Boo Boo!

I was like wow she came back from the Nah Nah nah na nah na!

I just shook my head and walked away beaten. :(

:lol: :rofl:

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Oh LORD!!!! NO I DIDN'T!!! This AGAIN?????

Yep!!

Rather than start a new thread, I remembered this one, and figured the title matched the topic of a short debate on another current thread. Since we were talking of a bar brawl/ street fight the topic of the "guard position" as a viable means of a real life fight defense came up. This isn't meant to attack the poster or his beliefs, but, I thought this would be a good conversation/ debate for both sides.

Stand up Fighter vs. A grappler in a street fight!!! (Another MMA vs. TMA thing--lol & sorry)

You're the grappler, you're down on the ground due to "unfortunate circumstances" and they are on top of you!

Slap the Guard position on or not?

Easier for you to set up and bite your opponent, or for them to do it to you?

Likely to get picked up and slammed down or unlikely?

Hopefully both sides of this will chime in (maybe Mod's can set this up in both forums to get both sides?) If possible---- PLAY BOTH ROLES!!! ( Be HONEST TOO!)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
your pictures are everywhere.. $10 bounty on your head and a bottle o whiskey (dead or alive).. ha! ;) :D

Now the $10 will not last and is a small price but maybe to much for him anyways. The whiskey on the other hand makes the bounty almost worth taking. Is that good Irish whiskey or some concoction from England?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
as to the first post in thread
What better way to disprove those notions and reaffirm our martial arts as having relevance in today's real world than to take your art out into the street? Bar Brawl Evangelism is the future...

</Devil's Advocate>

If you got this far, thanks for reading. I'm very interested in your thoughts in particular as to why this would not apply to your art.

been in the street with my art not by choice but by circumstance and it held up well. I see no need to test it more as it has already proved it along with my ability where good enough to keep my butt out of the ER

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You know, to willingly get into a fight simply to test yourself and see how well you do, when a fight could have been avoided in the first place, is the height of hubris and stupidity.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I brought this thread out again to try and get answers for this question.

Oh LORD!!!! NO I DIDN'T!!! This AGAIN?????

Yep!!

Rather than start a new thread, I remembered this one, and figured the title matched the topic of a short debate on another current thread. Since we were talking of a bar brawl/ street fight the topic of the "guard position" as a viable means of a real life fight defense came up. This isn't meant to attack the poster or his beliefs, but, I thought this would be a good conversation/ debate for both sides.

Stand up Fighter vs. A grappler in a street fight!!! (Another MMA vs. TMA thing--lol & sorry)

You're the grappler, you're down on the ground due to "unfortunate circumstances" and they are on top of you!

Slap the Guard position on or not?

Easier for you to set up and bite your opponent, or for them to do it to you?

Likely to get picked up and slammed down or unlikely?

Hopefully both sides of this will chime in (maybe Mod's can set this up in both forums to get both sides?) If possible---- PLAY BOTH ROLES!!! ( Be HONEST TOO!)

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I brought this thread out again to try and get answers for this question.

Seriously? The grappler vs the stand up fighter? And it goes to the ground? If the stand up fighter is on top, he immediately gets back up, right? To do otherwise would be crazy!

The grappler is the shark in the water! Stay out of the water!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I was talking about a street fight. Not an MMA fight.

Makes no difference -- try to break the mount and get out of there! Back up, on the feet, that's the optimal thing, in my mind, if it can be done.

Would the guard position be good to use as I described above?

I also want to hear what people think about this.

Latest Discussions