bart

Brown Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Toasty said:
Hey Bart,

Look a little closer, man... LOL

Villasin, Velez & Mongcal ARE on there.

I have been doing some research as well - where would one put Mr. Chuiten since he (for the most part) left the Villasin Balintawak group and went with Filemon Caburnay to (help) form the La Punti system...?

My eyes fail me sometimes. I need to stop posting so late. :) My mistake.

bart

Brown Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
T Hartman said:
This is a tough one. Where does Atillo fit in?

The Atillos have direct lineage. Vincente Atillo was one of the founding members of Balintawak with Bacon. Ising Atillo emphasizes the lineage through Bacon and his father Vicente, to the Saavedras, but that is another issue. The claim to Balintawak is legit and they have their own group. I'd say you'd fit them in just like you did the others. Mark Mikita is currently a student of Ising's here in the US. There are others in Cebu. They could fit under the Atillo branch.

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bart said:
The Atillos have direct lineage. Vincente Atillo was one of the founding members of Balintawak with Bacon. Ising Atillo emphasizes the lineage through Bacon and his father Vicente, to the Saavedras, but that is another issue. The claim to Balintawak is legit and they have their own group. I'd say you'd fit them in just like you did the others. Mark Mikita is currently a student of Ising's here in the US. There are others in Cebu. They could fit under the Atillo branch.

Are you saying that Vincente was a student of Bacon and Ising a student of Vincente?

bart

Brown Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tim,

I believe that Ising was really young at the time Balintawak was created, maybe early teens. From what I have heard him and others say, he did train with Bacon. In what capacity compared to with his father? I don't know. It would probably be safe to list him under his father, but it could go either way.

OP
Raewyn

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Toasty supplied me with a link to balintawakworld.com which is a really good site (thanks again for that toasty). Ive asked my instructor for some video clips in regards to the 12 basics and the 12 dynamics but seems to be taking his time in getting me these. Does anyone know if these are on the internet somewhere???? or if not where else I could get them???

teovel'sBalintawak

White Belt
Reaction score
This is the list that Manong Ted gave me at my first training session. What he told me was this is a list of people who started thier own clubs. Since then I've found more of our family. "Joe Go's" people have been found in Toronto Canada. Also with Rey Galang's book it will speed up the search.

The guy I know in Toronto Canada is Robert Cinco he is one of Joe Go's student who is now teaching Tat Kun Tou. Tat Kun Tou is the empty hand version of balintawak mix with kung fu. Joe Go was one of Bacon's elite student but was a low profile type. Only few even know how good he was and where was he rank history. I have the opportunity to train with him in late 1990 and early 1991 before he died in june of that year. He was teaching his own version of stick fighting named PALAKABANATE still a Balintawak based.

teovel'sBalintawak

White Belt
Reaction score
I think a few guys are missing from the Balintawak family tree. Does anyone know where the late Jose Millan, aka Joe Go, is situated in the family tree? He was a personal student of Anciong Bacon, one of the guys who stayed with him till the end.

I know some names who were in Joe Go's generation like Jose Villasin,Ted Buot , Teofilo Velez and Tinong Ybanez. Those who were ahead considered as the first generation were the likes of Delfin Lopez, Timor Maranga,Edwardo Baculi,Vicente Atillo and Arnulfo Moncal . Joe Go was a Balintawak low profile name only few know who and how good he was. You can ask Manong Ted Buot one of his very close friend he can tell you more about Joe Go.

taong tahimik

White Belt
Reaction score
A sample of Robert's practice from his Toronto school. While his lineage is primarily from JoGo, Robert also trained with Sergio Arcel and Ramon "Monie" Valez of the Teovel's group.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions