Back from competition

Mekosho

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, not long ago I posted that my niece was headed for Serbia for international competition. Well she has returned and reports she had an overall good trip.
She placed 17th in Kata, 1 place out since only the top 16 went on, but is good as kata is not her strong suit!
In team kumite, they did pretty well also and in individual she did well till elimination...I wish I could figure out how to show part of the video where she just drilled her opponent, staggering her to the mat...lol, it was awsome!
Her boyfriend also did very well, making it into the 4th round, but suffering a nose broken twice (two places) and a trachea injury that if a 1/4 in over would have resulted in a trachiotomy needing to be performed...he had surgery yesterday to repair the damage!
Again, overall they had a good time, although a bit frustrated by the treatment they endured while over there. On several occasions they (the U.S. team) was asked what they were doing there after bombing there country and all, and when the womans U.S. team took gold, there was booing thru out!
Anyways, she is happy to be home and has returned with a much deeper appreciation for her own country.

Latest Discussions