Old vs. New Logo

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well after about 1 1/2 years of kicking around different ideas I redsigned my logo. Inspiration can take some time for me
This is the old One

And

Attachments

• $logo2.jpg
    $logo2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 194
OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And the new. Comments??

Attachments

• $TAEGAR KENPO JITSU_FINAL.jpg
    $TAEGAR KENPO JITSU_FINAL.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 202

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new one is great!! I like it!!

Mike

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wll I'm pretty nervous, Thanks you folks are great!
Thanks

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks Good Todd :)

Out of curiousity, tis a Tiger right? Do the blue eyes have a meaning? Maybe it's just me, but the right side of the face looks rather wolfish.
I do like it~!

~Tess

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kai I like the codtrast, maybe when you have time come up with some inspiration for me, I've been struck for almost a year.
Terry

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually it is a tiger (but if you see a wolf that is cool). The blue eyes are to represent water-to counter the hard earth elements associated withthe tiger(that's about as deep as I get)

Thank you

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That looks really good, Kai. It is much more distinctive and unique than the previous logo.

Where will this logo appear? Uniforms, jackets, the wall, where? I know that with our school logo, total number of colors and gradients and such were a consideration when trying to get uniforms and such made to look right. Do you anticipate any problems with this?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It looks good, the only thing I'd worry about is that there might not be enough contrast on the right side to show up effectively in some print or at smaller size it might look cluttered, like if you where to put it on a business card, would the tiger be recognizable or just look cluttered?

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Navarre said:
That looks really good, Kai. It is much more distinctive and unique than the previous logo.

Where will this logo appear? Uniforms, jackets, the wall, where? I know that with our school logo, total number of colors and gradients and such were a consideration when trying to get uniforms and such made to look right. Do you anticipate any problems with this?

Well the screen print with the number of colors is a little more then I would have liked

I intend to plaster the damm thing everywhere

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
It looks good, the only thing I'd worry about is that there might not be enough contrast on the right side to show up effectively in some print or at smaller size it might look cluttered, like if you where to put it on a business card, would the tiger be recognizable or just look cluttered?

Well they say just lighten it upa tad and it should go well

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Kai I like the codtrast, maybe when you have time come up with some inspiration for me, I've been struck for almost a year.
Terry

Sure PM me what you want to do, give me a couple of years and I'll have it for you! Seriously if you need a sounding board

Tripitaka of AA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nice logo, looks distinctive, memorable and unusual enough to stand out from the crowd. Well done.

Is the name new?
Does it have any meaning? Is the style based on a Japanese style? The word "Kempo" is Japanese. "Jitsu" is usually seen as an earlier/older romanisation of the Japanese word now commonly written as "Jutsu". "Taegar" is not Japanese, so why not "Tiger"? I do not intend this as criticism, I am just thinking out loud, these are the questions I asked when I saw the name...

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It seems you've thought about the design quite a bit. I mentioned the color separation issue because it had been a problem for me.

What we can do on screen or for the web becomes much harder when trying to go for print, silkscreen, etc. Have you actually talked to some companies to get their input on how easily reproducable it will be to maintain high quality?

Hopefully it will all go well; it is a nice design. Much better than my original design for Bloated Opossum Kung-Fu.

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yea I talked to screen printing and embroidery people so far.

taegar is a mashed together word (TKD and Hung gar) both of which Gm has elements of in his system...Hell he uses the word so to kiss up a little..

And yes I am changing the name of my dojo

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes Ive talked to screen printing people and the embroidery folks

taegar is a mash together of TKD and Hung gar both of which there are elements of in Gm teaching.....well , he uses the word, so...
for thing outside the school we'll go with Tiger so ads and phone listings are a tad clearer

yes I am changing the name of the school