Attacked and Outnumbered

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I thought I would share a an experience of mine that involved myself being attacked by a small group of individuals a couple years back. I'm hoping that by sharing this story with you all, it may be of some use to anyone else who finds themselves being outnumbered by a large group of cowardly attackers.

Back when I was 16, I was grabbed from behind and punched in the jaw by someone I couldn't see. I turned around to look at a group of four boys around my age. They started yelling racial slurs and obscenities at me and I knew right away I would have to fight. I couldn't outrun all of them, so I quickly began dodging their punches and sidestepping them as they charged forward to grab me. All the while, I'm noticing that only the fastest members of the group are able to keep up with me, so I do as follows: The first boy to reach me received a front kick to the abdomen. That brought him down. The second boy ran up to me quickly and left me little space to punch or kick, so I threw him with a harai ohgoshi. The other two boys I was able to dodge as I watched them trip and stumble over the bodies of their fallen comrades. As the fight drug on, I simply stayed loose and remembered my training from martial arts class. As my teacher said, "You can't hit what you can't touch." I used my speed to outmaneuver them and eventually school security arrived to chase the boys away and I was left to walk safely toward the subway station.

Sounds like it was bullies and may not be street robbery. But in my city a lot of street robberies where groups of thugs.

With average of 3 to 4 robberies a day with most them being street robberies where it is groups of thugs.

maryf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Street robberies are increased in recent years, and I just memorize the news when I have seen this post I have seen recently when a person is stabbed to death after posting his laptop for selling purpose on the gumtree.

BigMotor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I thought I would share a an experience of mine that involved myself being attacked by a small group of individuals a couple years back. I'm hoping that by sharing this story with you all, it may be of some use to anyone else who finds themselves being outnumbered by a large group of cowardly attackers.

Back when I was 16, I was grabbed from behind and punched in the jaw by someone I couldn't see. I turned around to look at a group of four boys around my age. They started yelling racial slurs and obscenities at me and I knew right away I would have to fight. I couldn't outrun all of them, so I quickly began dodging their punches and sidestepping them as they charged forward to grab me.

All the while, I'm noticing that only the fastest members of the group are able to keep up with me, so I do as follows: The first boy to reach me received a front kick to the abdomen. That brought him down. The second boy ran up to me quickly and left me little space to punch or kick, so I threw him with a harai ohgoshi. The other two boys I was able to dodge as I watched them trip and stumble over the bodies of their fallen comrades.

As the fight drug on, I simply stayed loose and remembered my training from martial arts class. As my teacher said, "You can't hit what you can't touch." I used my speed to outmaneuver them and eventually school security arrived to chase the boys away and I was left to walk safely toward the subway station.

Yeah, I have been there and it is not fun, and back in the old days I could respond adeptly. But now, I carry a stick, with the full intention of beating the crap outa thugs/dogs.
And, I don't mind stooping to dastardly methods anymore. I look at this way, I don't start fights, but some guys thrive on ambushing others.
So, I am going to pop them good with a stick, and take the fight right out of them. That is my plan, whether it is 2 or 4 of them.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been there and it is not fun, and back in the old days I could respond adeptly. But now, I carry a stick, with the full intention of beating the crap outa thugs/dogs.
And, I don't mind stooping to dastardly methods anymore. I look at this way, I don't start fights, but some guys thrive on ambushing others.
So, I am going to pop them good with a stick, and take the fight right out of them. That is my plan, whether it is 2 or 4 of them.

I agree with the sentiment, and I don't wholly disagree with this, but ain't that a bit heavy?