Are You a Member?

Do you belong to the PTA?

• Yes...been inducted more than once!

• No...that's not a problem for me.

• Huh? What the heck are you going on about now?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a joke, man. Get over it.

And yeah, a "single" person did get it before the answer was revealed. Just not you.

And others "got it"...the joke that is... afterwards as well. Just not you.

I'm sorry you didn't think it was funny. I guess everybody doesn't appreciate my brand of humor... sigh.. there go my dreams of doing stand-up. :lol:

But I am over it.

1) You failed at a joke.

2) You tried to make yourself feel good at how many people did not get it.
Fail at the ego level here as well.

3) You could not and did not get my jokes.
The first one of Osmium being more dense then Gold, do I need to draw you a bigger picture, or should I slow down and do it slower.
(* yes intentionally insulting to get you to react. *)

4) You then try to back out and apologize when someone (* on purpose to make a point and to show you your own actions *) that are are better, but your apology is still insulting by saying those who do not train hard.
(* your attempt at trying to get people to rise in anger, or to take it and you win. ;) *)

5) Then you come back to my calling you out, that I need to get over it.
(* I take it as you crying uncle. I guess you do not traiin tough enough for this friendly internet forum. *)

6) Lastly you did nto get my comment about the beating of the sticks and the receiving of the cane. I guess you do not train hard for real. Just talk about. (* Another comment to try to get you to rise to the occasion. *)

Celtic Crippler,

In all honesty, I found it ignorant and stupid.

I care not if you find it humorous and I did not see the humor. I do not get lots of jokes. I understand that about myself.

But as an advisor to this site and former staff member I thought I would take this opportunity to show this situation is not good for this site.

I support training hard and training to bruise level at times.

I support live contact and training for real situations.

I also understand that some people like to train for the exercise, while not for me, it something I understand even if the exercise is a side effect.

I understand that some train for the beauty of the motion and the act of doing the motion, and I also enjoy this but it is a side effect of the training that I do.

I could ask you questions about your real and hard training, and real life situations. But, I have found that most find it very insulting to them as they have not been shot at ( multiple times ) stabbed, cut, hit by trucks and cars, dealt with multiple people on multiple occasions, and guess what, I got beat up, and hurt, and injured and I won because I survived.

So, why don't you jsut get over yourself. I know who I am, I am not the one trying to make myself feel better talking about bruises and those who do not get have them.

OP
celtic_crippler

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
But I am over it.

Obviously...as evidenced by this long post. :rolleyes:

1) You failed at a joke.

Matter of perspective. I failed to make you laugh with a joke, but that's not true of the majority. Just you actually... at least you're the only one that's gotten bent out of shape about it. :idunno:

2) You tried to make yourself feel good at how many people did not get it.
Fail at the ego level here as well.

Look... this was not some vain attempt to make myself seem more intelligent or knowledgable than the next guy. It's a f--ing joke!

This post isn't in the "Study" or "Philosophy" sections of the forum... It's in the "humor" section! THE H-U-M-O-R SECTION.

Why does this have to be explained to you? :duh:

3) You could not and did not get my jokes.
The first one of Osmium being more dense then Gold, do I need to draw you a bigger picture, or should I slow down and do it slower.
(* yes intentionally insulting to get you to react. *)

You made a joke? I hadn't noticed. :moon:

4) You then try to back out and apologize when someone (* on purpose to make a point and to show you your own actions *) that are are better, but your apology is still insulting by saying those who do not train hard.
(* your attempt at trying to get people to rise in anger, or to take it and you win. ;) *)

Oh...you picked up on the insult. Great! Even if you don't get my humor you at least get my sarcasm. It's a start. :kiss:

5) Then you come back to my calling you out, that I need to get over it.
(* I take it as you crying uncle. I guess you do not traiin tough enough for this friendly internet forum. *)

You apparently take this a lot more seriously than I do. Hence, the suggestion to "get over it."

It's a joke, dude. Nothing more, nothing less. Though you've managed to turn this thread into quite a pass-time and crusade.

At any rate, any enjoyment that anyone may have gotten or may get from it in the future is most definately tarnished by your sudden obsession with me personally.

Thanks for those productive posts, killjoy! :shrug:

6) Lastly you did nto get my comment about the beating of the sticks and the receiving of the cane. I guess you do not train hard for real. Just talk about. (* Another comment to try to get you to rise to the occasion. *)

Brilliant assumption. I fail to answer your juvinille dig and that automattically makes me the dummy. I bow to your superior wisdom! :fart:

Celtic Crippler,

In all honesty, I found it ignorant and stupid.

Then just say so and get on with your life.

Some jokes are funny, some are stupid. Most of us get that. It's no reason to go on a friggin' crusade though!
:knight2:
I care not if you find it humorous and I did not see the humor. I do not get lots of jokes. I understand that about myself.

Then perhaps you should stay out of the "Comedy Cafe."

But as an advisor to this site and former staff member I thought I would take this opportunity to show this situation is not good for this site.

I'd have expected more from a "former" staff member than childish digs. Especially in a section dedicated to jokes.

I support live contact and training for real situations.

I also understand that some people like to train for the exercise, while not for me, it something I understand even if the exercise is a side effect.

I understand that some train for the beauty of the motion and the act of doing the motion, and I also enjoy this but it is a side effect of the training that I do.

I could ask you questions about your real and hard training, and real life situations. But, I have found that most find it very insulting to them as they have not been shot at ( multiple times ) stabbed, cut, hit by trucks and cars, dealt with multiple people on multiple occasions, and guess what, I got beat up, and hurt, and injured and I won because I survived.

So, why don't you jsut get over yourself. I know who I am, I am not the one trying to make myself feel better talking about bruises and those who do not get have them.

Observation: you've taken some kind of personal issue with me.

Perhaps because I've hit a nerve with you that connects to some unpleasent memory involving you getting kicked in the jewels... who knows. I don't, and I don't care either. Get a thicker skin.

I didn't force you to come to he "humor" section. If you don't "get" jokes and find yourself taking them personally for some strange reason then perhaps you shouldn'g read the content of the "comedy cafe"... just a suggestion. This can't be good for your blood pressure...just sayin'.
I didn't pee in your cornflakes so how about steppin' off?

At any rate, you can take your assessments of my character and take a flying leap. :2xBird2:

Get over the joke and get over yourself while you're at it.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In general defense ... I got the joke ... I just thought it was lame. :idunno:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gents,
Take the duel off site, or to PM or email, or somewhere else please.
Thank you.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to make it clear:

Personal attacks are a violation of the Terms of Service. Please, keep the discussion polite and respectful.

jks9199
Sr. Moderator.

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score
:lfao: this is the funniest thread i have read in MT. i find the entire thread frikin hillarious. it's really brightened my day! thanx everyone!

Latest Discussions