Applied for Michigan CPL Newaygo county

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
Finally made it down to the county office. The COL application process was quick. I came with my training certificate and an already filled out application. It was pretty simple:
"raise your right hand , Do you solemly swear that everything you said is true? Okay sighn here. That's $100. Now take a seat while I check if you just lied to me. Here's your reciept. Get fingerprinted within 45 days. We have 45 days after finger prints to contact you with acceptance or refusal.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally made it down to the county office. The COL application process was quick. I came with my training certificate and an already filled out application. It was pretty simple:
"raise your right hand , Do you solemly swear that everything you said is true? Okay sighn here. That's $100. Now take a seat while I check if you just lied to me. Here's your reciept. Get fingerprinted within 45 days. We have 45 days after finger prints to contact you with acceptance or refusal.

What have you applied for?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Concealed pistol license, I assume

Ah, CPL stands for many things including civilian pilots licence which if it was sounded worrying if all you had to do was give your fingerprints and a small fee! :)

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
And COL can stand for a Construction and Operating License for nuclear power plants but I though that a tad unlikely.....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And COL can stand for a Construction and Operating License for nuclear power plants but I though that a tad unlikely.....

Ah, I have a friend who is a nuclear scientist and is working on a nuclear power plant currently being built here, she was also an MMA fighter.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Good luck with the process, bro. And make sure you familiarize yourself with where you can't carry.

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck with the process, bro. And make sure you familiarize yourself with where you can't carry.
That's for sure. Some of it gets a little hairy. The only part I will find annoying for sure is that after I get it, movie date night will be at the little redneck theatre with three movie rooms. On the plus side, that theatre is in the countryside so it will be easier to find a secluded spot to park.

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not going to carry right away. Not until I'm sure I can handle my sidearm , and not until I'm sure I can handle myself. But when I'm ready, I will be armed as adequately as manageable.

Latest Discussions