Daddys Rules for Dating

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No exaggeration -- on my very first date, ever, (My parent's dropped me off, and it was a "group date") I walked in the door to meet her parents, and her dad was sharpening all of his knives and bow hunting broadheads.

I still remember the conversation:

"What's your name?" *schliiick* *schliick* "How did you meet my daughter?" *schliiick* *schliick*. . . and so on.

I took it square in the teeth, though, and started talking about bowhunting instead.

Apparently that was a good move, because he put down the sharp instruments to show off his bow!

I'm convinced to this day that he did it on purpose.

Probably because it is something i will likely do. With my knives and swords. Looking for a sniper rifle also with laser scopes just in case they get away or I don't feel like running... :shooter:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No exaggeration -- on my very first date, ever, (My parent's dropped me off, and it was a "group date") I walked in the door to meet her parents, and her dad was sharpening all of his knives and bow hunting broadheads.

"What's your name?" *schliiick* *schliick* "How did you meet my daughter?" *schliiick* *schliick*. . . and so on.

I took it square in the teeth, though, and started talking about bowhunting instead.

Apparently that was a good move, because he put down the sharp instruments to show off his bow!

Now THAT'S a great idea..THANKS
icon14.gif

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score

Heh. I remember being invited in/over for dinner at a girlfriend's house. Her dad was reviewing tapes of his recent judo test (I think it was his brown belt?).

"See here: he goes unconcious during the choke — I didn't mean to, but ..." etc. etc. ...

Coincidence? I think not :)

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Heh. I remember being invited in/over for dinner at a girlfriend's house. Her dad was reviewing tapes of his recent judo test (I think it was his brown belt?).

"See here: he goes unconcious during the choke — I didn't mean to, but ..." etc. etc. ...

Coincidence? I think not :)

See its a fathers job to scare the @#$% out of the boy ;) . I'm no different.... and will surely be doing something that will make him think twice about touching my daughter.

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My Dad's approach was simpler.

He would tell the boys that they could date my sister if they passed a spelling test:

The word was "Castration."

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Luckily my daughter's boyfriend resides across the Atlantic, in England. He is coming to visit next year.

My husband says any boy will have to pass the german shepherd test. We have a large shepherd ;)

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now mind you I think it is a brilliant document. :rofl: However, I have only boy's so I feel that they should not be discriminated against like this.
icon10.gif
Look back on your past dad's and understand that you need to lighten up and let the young ones..... behave just like you did! :erg:

Just kidding. When the girls are dating age the nightmare begins! Enjoy!
icon10.gif

I have only boys, also, and I think I'm going to modify this document to apply to them. Shouldn't take a lot of work....

Latest Discussions