Apologies.....

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My participation in the debates will be light the next few days due to personal matters of more import. So, if my voice is missing, or if I'm short in my replies, please don't take it personally. I'll be back in the trenches next week.

:asian:

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No worries, hopefully you can escape from New York in that time!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't go chucking the ring into any volcanoes - that was the happy ending to an entirely different story :D.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmmmm....wonder what you could be so busy with? heh

I'm happy for you Bob. :asian:

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have a great time, enjoy the day, and congratulations to you and Susan.:partyon:

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey Bob, Who gets to wear the Sheriff's badge while you are away?? I mean, come on, can I at least do Deputy? I even have a hat! :D Come back soon :)
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Bob, Who gets to wear the Sheriff's badge while you are away?? I mean, come on, can I at least do Deputy? I even have a hat! :D Come back soon :)
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

ahem......excuse me.....ummm... THAT IS MY JOB!!! :D

I already have the badge after all ;)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Bob an early congratulations to you and Susan!
icon14.gif

Have fun!
icon6.gif

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Robert and Susan,

I will tell you that this is no day at the beach, no easy ride, no safety net. It's no magic solution, it's no absolution of wrong deeds or thoughts, no justification of dreams and wants.

You will find that marriage is just as challenging as any job you get tired of, any child you get tired of parenting, an old chair you can't stand anymore but can't bear to part with ... it's all about what you put into it.

Sometimes all you can put into it is patience and time. Sometimes if you don't do the things you don't want to do, you will both be miserable, just as if you don't do some of the things you DO want to do you will also be miserable. There's no magic solution to making it last, to making it easy, to making it great ... other than your willingness to commit to the institution that it is.

And what it is, years down the road after you each season yourselves to the partnership, is the incredible opportunity to be thankful for the other part of your life that has become exclusively yours, the chance to be nothing and all that you can be and still be the people of each other's dreams, the chance to find that frustration and resentment really can pass as you both really find each other and what you're really about.

I know Bob pretty well, not Susan as much ... but you two seem to be well-paired and as much as you have already been through together, I have little doubt the future holds anything less for you both.

All my best wishes, all my best hopes and my best spirit for both of you at your wedding and beyond.

All love and empowerment!!!

- Georgia

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I meant for that to go in the other thread, but I'm in puppy-based sleep deprivation mode here.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob I hope you and Susan will be as happy asme and Yolanda have been over the last 19 years. Remember she is always right and even more so now that she owns you.
icon10.gif

Latest Discussions