Anybody heard of the WRSA board for Tae Kwon Do?

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TJust read the requirements for a city in the US... "Common population definitions for a city range between 1,500 and 50,000 people, with most U.S. states using a minimum between 1,500 and 5,000 inhabitants"

Wow!!! I am really surprised...

As far as I can tell, here in the US, a "city" is usually just "the local population hub". It's very relative.

So in a very rural area, the kind of place that's mostly farms and tiny villages of the "gas station and a church" variety, the biggest community in the county might have 20,000 people and get called a "city" by virtue of it being the only place around big enough to have a library, a college, and Wal-Mart.

In more densely populated parts of the US, a community of 20,000 might be counted as a small suburban town, and a place would need 100,000s of people to even count as a small city.

It just depends.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, here in the US, a "city" is usually just "the local population hub". It's very relative.

So in a very rural area, the kind of place that's mostly farms and tiny villages of the "gas station and a church" variety, the biggest community in the county might have 20,000 people and get called a "city" by virtue of it being the only place around big enough to have a library, a college, and Wal-Mart.

In more densely populated parts of the US, a community of 20,000 might be counted as a small suburban town, and a place would need 100,000s of people to even count as a small city.

It just depends.
Good point. When an area within a county becomes a corporation.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would like to stay, and I don't think I have a choice. The closes school apart from this one is 1 hour and a half by car; however, I'm worried that even with me practicing techniques at home, I won't deserve any of my belts which makes me feel guilty and ashamed.
Train your *** off. That way, YOU will know that you earned your rank and when people see you in action, there will be no doubt.

In the end, martial arts is about self-improvement. Go be the best student in that school.