Lesson from one of my students

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of my students posted a lesson she learned on Facebook: if your son is a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo, don't jump out and scare him in the dark.

She's a student at my school, too. A green belt. Apparently she jumped out and yelled at him. He push-kicked her and she went flying across her bed.

She doesn't blame him at all. She told me "that was my fault, I didn't think it through."

I just thought you guys might find it amusing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
She may have to start sleeping in full gi.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was asleep in my church (totally legit, was doing work there) from a saturday to sunday, in one of the sunday school rooms. My vicar, as we had agreed, woke me up for the early morning sunday service. She stood over me, and I woke up to this lady standing over me, in an area that was very clearly not my bed/room. In the time it took me to process what was going on, I was in the middle of a sweep from the floor, and had to focus on making sure it was gentle. We laughed about it, but any other time after that she had to wake me up, she used a stick. Some people have no trust...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hahaha awesome, a very worthy lesson! And yep I don't blame him either [emoji14]