Universal Tae Kwon Do Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If you don't believe me, than go to the KKW website and check for yourself.

http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/english/index.jsp and click "Check for Poom/Dan"

Select American for Nationality (Yes, I know he was born in the Ukraine)
Enter his name, including middle initial
Enter his DOB as 211205 (YYMMDD)

Click "Check"

It really is a pretty straight forward and simple way to validate someone's credentials.

If you feel that there is a problem with the information, contact KKW and ask them to correct it. If they determine the information is not correct they will fix it ASAP.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I did check out the facts and the fact is that KKW says he is a 5th Dan. But I suppose you can continue to ignore the facts, if that is your way of checking the facts.

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Mango,

I did it EXACTLY as you described. I went to the KKW website, clicked on Check for Dan/Poom, and punched in Humesky's info exactly as you listed it. I got no listing for Humesky as a 5th Dan, or any KKW Dan. Ironically, I also typed my own info to make sure I was doing it right. I got a listing for myself as 5th Dan Kukkiwon as I did test last year.
Very suspicious.

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Scratch that. I typed in the info incorrectly. Apparently you don't use a period with the MI. Did list him as 5th Dan issued in 1977. However, that doesn't explain his claim to honorary 9th Dan from Mr. Uhm. The 5th Dan I can buy. The honorary 9th Dan I don't.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not even so concerned about the honorary 9th dan, but what about his 6th 7th and 8th dans that he supposedly achieved in 1980, 87 and 95? Funny that they don't show up according to KKW.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My final thought:

If you have to defend someone, maybe they do have a problem.

Why? Some people need to be defended from those who misrepresent the truth about them, or tell outright lies, for reasons stemming from emotion. Some don't.

In 23 years of practicing with my Instructor, I have never had to defend him against anyone.

Lucky you. My instructor (whom I've been with for 20 years) left our previous organization with a group of other seniors because he, and they, felt it was in the best interest of his students (it was) - and the previous organization did their best to black-ball all of us with other organizations, for what they percieved as "disloyalty" (and in the interest of not going off-topic, I'll just say that there was a lot of disloyalty toward their students that led to the split... you reap what you sow)... but nothing they said about any of us was true, and I defended my instructor throughout this time.

Some fellow Korean Instructors (and American too) have resented him over the years due to his connections and access to power, but they have never questioned his abilities or credentials. Never.

Again, lucky you... or it could be that you just aren't aware of what people are saying when you're not around. Lots of people only say bad things about others when people who might defend them aren't around to hear. In this instance, I have no way of knowing which it is.

If this Mr. Humesky must be defended against me or anyone else, maybe he is not all that he says he is. Jhoon Rhee and Tae Hi Nam never had to be defended.

Interesting inference, but I find your logic to be faulty. Just because "a" is true (that Joon Rhee and Tae Hi Nam - pioneers in TKD - don't need defending), it does not necessarily follow that "b" is true (no one who needs defending holds valid credentials). As a Ch'ang H'on stylist, and former member of the ITF, I'll use Gen. Choi as an example - lots of people had to defend him, or against him - does that mean his credentials, as the founder of a kwan of TKD, are invalid? Somehow, I don't think so.

And I'll leave it at that.

Hmmm... speaking for myself, I can't see that you've done this... certainly, you keep coming back to beat what appears to me to be a dead horse.:deadhorse Perhaps you should do as you said you would, and let this one drop.... after all, we don't know your credentials either, any more than you know ours - true? So given that, why should be believe that your word is truth, any more than you believe what others have said in support of Master Humesky? And before you ask - no, I have no personal knowledge of him - but neither will I disrespect someone based solely on what is, or is not, available on the internet.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to can come over to Master Humesky's house and personally check out any and all certificates and corresponding letter's at any time as I will personally show them to you with Master Humesky present. (Anytime)

If you care to continue to sling mud and do not take me up on the offer then we all know who and what you are.

Personally I think there is an agenda here.........

Truthfully this is what makes the internet sad and sorry when someone can attack at will while not even having the decency to post their individual name, instructor, etc.

By the way Master Humesky needs no defense from myself or anyone else as once again these are simply ridiculous claims.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My final thought:

If you have to defend someone, maybe they do have a problem. In 23 years of practicing with my Instructor, I have never had to defend him against anyone. Some fellow Korean Instructors (and American too) have resented him over the years due to his connections and access to power, but they have never questioned his abilities or credentials. Never.
If this Mr. Humesky must be defended against me or anyone else, maybe he is not all that he says he is. Jhoon Rhee and Tae Hi Nam never had to be defended.
And I'll leave it at that.

I'm sorry, I have no idea who any of the folks involved here are. But this piece of logic is downright horrid.

You attack his claims, and then say he must be weak because you are attacking his claims. If I attack you and your rank and you defend yourself does that make your rank less valid?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok I must step in here as well Grand Master Kim is an 8th Dan and Traditional and Mango if you do alot of USAT tournament you know GM Kim he is lested as a 8th dan KKW but yet he has all his certificates and letter from the KKW to assure he is an 8th how funny. GM Humseky is a genuine GM by the KKW guideslines if you do not believe it your choice, there have been enough mud slinging overthis matter so leave it be or go over to the man house and see for yourself as per Brian invite,

I have never seen such dis-respect for a true pioneer of TKD then in the last few post, Traditional and mango you are above this type of crap. Please refarm from speaking if you do not mind.

Thank you all from a fellow practitioner of TKD
Terry Stoker

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to can come over to Master Humesky's house and personally check out any and all certificates and corresponding letter's at any time as I will personally show them to you with Master Humesky present. (Anytime)

If you care to continue to sling mud and do not take me up on the offer then we all know who and what you are.

Personally I think there is an agenda here.........

Truthfully this is what makes the internet sad and sorry when someone can attack at will while not even having the decency to post their individual name, instructor, etc.

By the way Master Humesky needs no defense from myself or anyone else as once again these are simply ridiculous claims.

Perhaps you should invite someone from KKW to view his certificates and validate their authenticity. Then they can update their website appropriately.

I however have no interest in flying roughly 2000 miles to Michigan to view documents that I will not be able to determine the anthenticity of therefore I will believe the official word of KKW which is that he is a KKW 5th Dan and nothing more from their perspective.

As for any other certifications he may have, I do not know how to follow up on those so I won't bother.

Dusty

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kacey, Andrew, Brian and Master Stoker, very well said. as to why his cert doesnt show up, who knows, but all i can say is whenever i have dealt with him, he is very knowledgable and very respectful. he sat in on my 5th dahn testing in tkd two years ago and he asked me so many questions during the test that it actually made my test two hours longer than what it could have been. am i complaining about that? heck no. i enjoyed being pushed mentally and physically and from what he was asking me to do, this man knew his stuff!!
i felt honoured to have this grandmaster sit in on my test and i look at him as one of the few remaining living legends.
'nuff said!!!
Dusty, kj

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Perhaps you should invite someone from KKW to view his certificates and validate their authenticity. Then they can update their website appropriately.

I however have no interest in flying roughly 2000 miles to Michigan to view documents that I will not be able to determine the anthenticity of therefore I will believe the official word of KKW which is that he is a KKW 5th Dan and nothing more from their perspective.

As for any other certifications he may have, I do not know how to follow up on those so I won't bother.

mango.man do you believe that a man that has been involved in the TKD community for forty something years and has the respect from al the great GM across this grand country would be a fraud, please he is the real goods and ask your GM about him and I'm sure he will also validate his authenticity in the TKD family.

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Mango.man.
Nice to know someone believes me, that Mr. Humesky may not be all that he says he is.
Trust me, I have no agenda. I am just trying to jibe what he and his students claim is the truth versus what he actually presents. Why is that wrong? I'm not making things up about him. If I have a hard time correlating what he claims versus what seems to be the truth, it is because I am going by what he presents on his web site versus what is actually verifiable.
As you stated, the facts on the KKW website suggest he is no higher than 5th Dan because there is no record of him achieving anything higher than that. Don't get mad at us for saying that. That is what we uncovered.
As for certificates, having a wall full of certificates is meaningless if the organizations issuing them are questionable. Being certified in the organization you founded doesn't count.
For example, a certificate issued by the World Head of Family Sokeship (which I believe he is a member) is literally not worth the paper it's printed on. All it is is a group of pseudo-masters with inflated egos and titles patting each other on the back. Don't get mad at me, lots of other people have said the same thing.
I respect anybody, regardless of style, who is honest and whose history and credentials can be verified.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Traditional TKD why don't you go over and talk to GM humseky you are in his nieghborhood correct, who is your GM. I'am not involved with GMhumseky at all but do know what he is. Does your GM not know him, what does he say about him?
Just curious why this is so important to you and what beering it has on your life?
Terry

TraditionalTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Terry,

It has no bearing on my life other than the fact that I saw the thread for his organization and checked out his website. I was surprised to see that he has about ten honorary 10th Dans in various organizations.
Just looking for a little honesty. The fact that his organization is relatively close to me and he teaches for my alma mater intrigued me.
I actually did ask my GM about him years ago, and received a response somewhere between disdain and contempt. This is a man who actually is certified 9th dan with the Kukkiwon and communicates often with Woon Kyu Uhm, Chung Do Kwan Head. If Humesky actually was who he says he is, my GM would have given me a very different response I think.
Nothing I lose sleep over though. And I certainly didn't want this to turn into a Humesky-bashing session.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry,

It has no bearing on my life other than the fact that I saw the thread for his organization and checked out his website. I was surprised to see that he has about ten honorary 10th Dans in various organizations.
Just looking for a little honesty. The fact that his organization is relatively close to me and he teaches for my alma mater intrigued me.
I actually did ask my GM about him years ago, and received a response somewhere between disdain and contempt. This is a man who actually is certified 9th dan with the Kukkiwon and communicates often with Woon Kyu Uhm, Chung Do Kwan Head. If Humesky actually was who he says he is, my GM would have given me a very different response I think.
Nothing I lose sleep over though. And I certainly didn't want this to turn into a Humesky-bashing session.

Traditional YKD I appreciate all your honesty here and glad to hear you are not trying to bash but find answer to your question. With that being said I wish you the best in your future and maybe one day you can go over and meet GM humseky and and have a long and wonderful talk about the good old days. The man has so much knowledge to share, I wish all could have the same respect you have just showed in your past post.
Thank you
Terry
:asian:

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
mango.man do you believe that a man that has been involved in the TKD community for forty something years and has the respect from al the great GM across this grand country would be a fraud, please he is the real goods and ask your GM about him and I'm sure he will also validate his authenticity in the TKD family.

Master Stoker, Nothing shocks me about what people believe or don't believe. A lot of people once thought that Jim Jones / David Koresh / Marshall Applewhite were the 2nd coming of Christ.

I could ask our school's GM about him, but there again, only these organizations that he claims to hold high rank in can truly validate his rank. Of those organizations the only one that I personally know how to vailidate was the KKW and I did and it seems nobody likes what I found.

That's cool with me, I don't care if the guy is a 10th gup or a 10th dan. I am purely an objective point of view with no interest in things either way. I have never met him, have no intention of meeting him and never even heard of the guy until this thread resurfaced a few days ago.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Stoker, Nothing shocks me about what people believe or don't believe. A lot of people once thought that Jim Jones / David Koresh / Marshall Applewhite were the 2nd coming of Christ.

I could ask our school's GM about him, but there again, only these organizations that he claims to hold high rank in can truly validate his rank. Of those organizations the only one that I personally know how to vailidate was the KKW and I did and it seems nobody likes what I found.

That's cool with me, I don't care if the guy is a 10th gup or a 10th dan. I am purely an objective point of view with no interest in things either way. I have never met him, have no intention of meeting him and never even heard of the guy until this thread resurfaced a few days ago.

Ok mangoman please call me Terry here I'm kind of funny that way and I'm sure you really did not mean anything but what the truth is. I can appreciate that from anybody. You have always shown respect for everyone here and I'm glad to see it is still that way.
Thank You
Terry
:asian:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions