Another one for the good guys

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Auto Zone employee looks out the window and sees two men "gearing up" to rob the place (putting on ski-masks, readying weapons, etc.). He waits and opens fire on them as soon as they walk in. Results: one bad guy dead, one on the run, good guy and innocents unharmed.

Good for him for getting the job done and not wasting time doing it.

link to story and vid

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Auto Zone employee looks out the window and sees two men "gearing up" to rob the place (putting on ski-masks, readying weapons, etc.). He waits and opens fire on them as soon as they walk in. Results: one bad guy dead, one on the run, good guy and innocents unharmed.

link to story and vid

Yep...

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kudos to him for doing such a fine job and potentially saving many lives.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fixed their little red waggon, he did!

If only more citizens stood up and did this, crime would drop like a rock.

Deaf

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
From now on, I think I'll just add to this thread rather than starting a new one each time.

Here's one that I saw on another forum, it was posted by an officer who responded to the call.

The Chaves County sheriff says a 15-year-old girl may have saved her own life by jumping headfirst out of a vehicle's window to escape her kidnapper

Sheriff Rob Coon said the girl was checking the mail at her grandfather's house Wednesday when a 29-year-old registered sex offender, Mark Esquibel, robbed the man and demanded the girl get in his pickup truck

"She threw a knife and gun out of the pickup, and a short time later at about 40 miles an hour, she jumped out of the window headfirst," Coon said
http://www.roswell-record.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=29003&SectionID=51&SubSectionID=&S=1

Now what the article doesn't share (wonder why :rolleyes: ) is that when the police were chasing him with the girl still in the car, he was holding a gun to her head. She grabbed the knife off the seat and started carving on him. Unfortunately, she didn't kill him, but he did drop the gun. At that point, she tossed both the gun and the knife out the window and then jumped.

Hats off to her for her outstanding example of mindset and "never say die" attitude.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
From now on, I think I'll just add to this thread rather than starting a new one each time.

Here's one that I saw on another forum, it was posted by an officer who responded to the call.

http://www.roswell-record.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=29003&SectionID=51&SubSectionID=&S=1

Now what the article doesn't share (wonder why :rolleyes: ) is that when the police were chasing him with the girl still in the car, he was holding a gun to her head. She grabbed the knife off the seat and started carving on him. Unfortunately, she didn't kill him, but he did drop the gun. At that point, she tossed both the gun and the knife out the window and then jumped.

Hats off to her for her outstanding example of mindset and "never say die" attitude.

Excellent job by this guy and the young lady. Quick thinking, that's what it's' about.

Duh to the morons putting on ski mask in the parking lot, I understand advertising and such, but that's just plain stupid.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Maybe she will have some learning curve here and next time after carving him up, just throw HIM OUT THE WINDOW!

Yes good for her. No 15 year old ever needs to have such a thing happen but they say once you have prevailed in one encounter, your chances of surviving another one goes way up as you have shown you act in times of emergencies.

And guys, she isn't a survivor. She is a prevailer. A survivor, well just suvives, she prevailed. She beat the problem (or in this case knifed it) and overcame it.

Deaf

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
One word for that criminal that tried the robbery and got shot. PWND !!!! HAHA I love when these a-holes get a taste of their own Karma.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score

allenjp

Brown Belt
Reaction score

link to story and vid

Too bad most of the "ban guns" crowd won't hear about this, they usually don't, the media makes sure of that.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
My guess: Auto Zone employee will soon be looking for a new job. At least he made sure he will be around to look for that job. Someone my wife knew here in L.A. when she was managing Blockbusters got shot during a "routine" robbery. My wife missed those robberies by chance alone.
I'm betting that is probably the case.

I did a little research and found out the guy is probably going to get fired. But I did find a priceless comment.

"Had Auto Zone trained its employees properly he could have killed BOTH the robbers!"

If I owned a business, i'd put a sign up front that says:

'Not only are employees ARMED! But 2hrs out of every 40hrs a week are spent at the RANGE!'

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good on the two! I hope the girl comes through her head injuries all right.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL REASONABLE GUN CONTROL ! !

after all gun control is being able to hit your target!! now good gun control would have been both robbers down!

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score

Latest Discussions