Another one for the good guys

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
In this incident the guy used a knife to protect himself and his grandson. Results: good guys alive, 1 bad guy dead :)

“There was commotion, shouting, screaming etcetera and they ran out from there. One guy followed my grandson and the employee into the office and the one slashed his knife at me. I managed to take out my knife. I lashed the guy a couple of times. He ran away. My grandson was still fighting with the second one. We held the guy and we said to the guy, ‘we let you go.’ ”

One suspect died from his stab wounds. Carl had to undergo surgery to repair cut tendons and is recovering.
http://blog.ecr.co.za/newswatch/?p=2472#more-2472

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, more people die from knife wounds than gun shots (per 1000 that is.)

Never underestimate a knife attack. And remember the Tuller drill.

Deaf

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS -- A man who police said broke into a home with the intention of sexually assault a 17-year-old girl in her bedroom died early Sunday morning after a struggle with the girl's father.

Indianapolis police Sgt. Matt Mount said Meyers had come into the home naked, except for a mask and latex gloves."He had rope, had a knife, had condoms, had a gag," Mount said.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17576601/detail.html

Good riddance.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
it is unlikely charges will be filed, police said.

It's unlikely the D.A. would be re-elected if they were.

As much as this is a self-defense victory for the young woman, who sensed the danger and successfully obtained assistance, and the father, who won the battle, (and the gene pool, which scored a decisive win that night) the loss of a sense of safety for the daughter is still a cost paid by the family even in an otherwise successful encounter. We can't just view this as martial artists--these people still have to live their lives tomorrow.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Meyers had come into the home naked, except for a mask and latex gloves."He had rope, had a knife, had condoms, had a gag,"

Where the hell do you carry all that stuff if you are naked?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sex offender in break-in died of strangulation, coroner rules

A registered sex offender restrained by an Indianapolis father during a weekend home break-in died of strangulation, the coroner ruled Monday.
[...]
An autopsy determined Meyers' cause of death to be asphyxia by strangulation with contributing cardiovascular disease, said Marchele Hall, the coroner's office manager.

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
chlorine for the gene pool...
Shortly before 10:30 p.m. Monday, 67-year-old Douglas Dabbs pulled into his driveway on Tobylynn Drive and was getting out of his pickup truck when two armed men came up to him and tried to rob him. The two men were identified as Nibeyu Demissew Yosef and Jermichael Jerome Burgy.
Armed with BB guns the two men demanded money from Dabbs. Dabbs said he reached into the console of his truck, retrieved a handgun that fires .410 shotgun rounds and opened fire on the two robbers.
http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=9096658

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sort of like "don't bring a knife to a gunfight"...don't bring BB guns to take out Dirty Harry.

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
An overnight shooting in midtown Tucson left two people dead Thursday morning. It happened just before 1 a.m. at a home on East Adams Street near Euclid Avenue and Speedway Boulevard.
Police say around 1 am Shontel Early and Wesley Fenstermacher went to a home near Euclid and Speedway and knocked on the door. The 23-year-old man living in the home opened the door and noticed that one of the men had a gun. He shut the door, but the suspects forced their way in. That is when the 23-year-old shot and killed them both.
The student is a 23-year-old white male, and former marine. He's the one who actually called 911 after it all went down.
Both suspects have criminal backgrounds, but nothing very recent.
"If you are going to have an outcome of a horrible, horrible situation like this, this is the outcome you got to have," says Chris Maglione, the owner of a nearby home...
http://www.kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s=9188835

Well done Marine!

I agree with the sentiment expressed by the neighbor...that this is the only acceptable outcome to such a situation.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ooh-Rah! Hopefully, the law will see this for what it was (SD) and no charges will ever be filed against this former Marine.

OP
KenpoTex

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
WEST OAK LANE - October 11, 2009 (WPVI) -- A would-be robber is dead after one of his alleged victims fights back.

It happened on North Street in Philadelphia's West Oak Lane section early Sunday morning.

Investigators say it apparently never crossed the thief's mind that his victim just might be armed.

Police say it was the man's third robbery of the night. He forced the victim up against a vehicle along the street and demanded money. That's when shots rang out - but not from the alleged robber.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7058682

Well, he isn't going to rob anyone else...

Stuey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
A little less serious, but looks genuine to me.
Its just plain funny to see people who want to be all big get put into place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions