Id hate to be any of you guys where its over a hundred thousand degrees:

Attachments

• $map.jpg
    $map.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 114

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Last weekend we went camping north of the San Francisco Bay Area. While at the lake, we were told by someone that on Saturday it had reached 120 degrees in nearby Santa Rosa. I haven't seen that verified anywhere, but that is what we were told. We were also told that at the lake, temperatures are often slightly higher than at Santa Rosa. Needless to say, we spent much of the weekend sitting in the lake.

Much of last week, the Greater Bay Area was hitting temps between 110 and 115.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOL Maybe if they took a measurement -inside- a nuclear reactor!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
Last weekend we went camping north of the San Francisco Bay Area. While at the lake, we were told by someone that on Saturday it had reached 120 degrees in nearby Santa Rosa.

"C'mon boys ya'll act like it's a 120 degrees out here... can't be much more than 114!" Cutthroat #1 as played by Karl Lukas in Blazing Saddles

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
Last weekend we went camping north of the San Francisco Bay Area. While at the lake, we were told by someone that on Saturday it had reached 120 degrees in nearby Santa Rosa. I haven't seen that verified anywhere, but that is what we were told. We were also told that at the lake, temperatures are often slightly higher than at Santa Rosa. Needless to say, we spent much of the weekend sitting in the lake.

Much of last week, the Greater Bay Area was hitting temps between 110 and 115.

It was brutal.. They were considering shutting down the power at Jelly Belly and other neighboring factories as everyone was jamming their AC to the max. I have central AC, pretty powerful and I couldn't get it below 80 in my home. It was insantity.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
But it's a dry heat...

Nice thing about a dry heat is that you can use evaporative ('swamp') coolers and I think they use a lot less energy than refrridgerated air. In Albuquerque, we used swamp coolers. In Colorado Springs, we don't have anything at our house and just open the windows

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have AC or a swamp cooler... I've been living in the basement, as it was 98 today, and it's supposed to be 98 again tomorrow. Even in the basement it's up to 73 instead of the 69 it usually is; I think the attic fan (which is about all the keeps the house bearable) is causing a draft up from the basement. At least it gets down to the high 60s at night, so I can drop the temperature in the house down to below 74 (usually)... although that's not enough, really - when I opened the windows a few minutes ago, it was 85 inside and out, and it's 9:15 at night.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kacey said:
I don't have AC or a swamp cooler...

Me either. I open some windows, throw box fans in them and try and get some airflow. Its maintained a pretty constant 90 degrees in the house... Im just toughing it out and drinking lots of fluids.

Like I said, Im just glad Im not up there where its 100,000 degrees.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Like I said, Im just glad Im not up there where its 100,000 degrees.

Yeah, that would suck. LOL! Those poor folks!

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
we had 24 straight days over 100 in the valley. Yesterday it only hit 98.

YIPPEE!!!!!!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last night while driving home we saw a bank that displayed -193 Deg F. As we were not frozen solid, I had to assume there was a malfunction. But with the other temperatures being so high maybe it was to balance out the cosmos. :D

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
Actually I feel sorry for the northern mid west where it appears to be 100109 degrees.. now that's HOT.

Exactly my point. :D

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Kreth said:
But it's a dry heat...

:uhyeah:

So is my oven, but you don't see me climbing in there willfully... :D

Latest Discussions