Get ready East Coast..

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello folks,
I just read the weather reports for the next 4 days...:waah:
The heat wave that his the central U.S. has reared its ugly head....
Here in PA. they have issued excessive heat watches up to and including Wednesday...
Get your water, your shade, and your A/C ready...
Take Care out there folks...

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
First the flooding and now the heat....

"I've seen fire and I've seen rain....."

Y'all are in some serious trouble this summer!

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I woke up around 6:30 this morning for a utility break... and could already hear the cicada bugs outside... sure sign of a H-O-T day to come... and they were right!

As John DeBella (102.9 MGK) in Philly would say... there's a TALC WARNING... and a SWAMP A$$ ADVISORY!

So... like Jason said... KEEP YOUR WATER AT HAND!

Here's a little trick to check your hydration: Place your hand (either one) on your lap palm down... pinch the skin up on the back of your hand and gently pull away from your hand some... If the skin snaps right back into place when released... you ARE properly hydrated! If the skin stays "tented" (looks like a little lean-to tent on your hand) for more than a a second or two... you ARE NOT properly hydrated... and will also (most likely) be in need of electrolytes and/or sodium replacement!

Humans are, basically, big bags of water... so, when your hydration level drops... a whole host of maladies can swoop in on you!

Stay cool!

Stay hydrated!

Stay alive to train another day!

Best Regards,

Andy

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A friend of mine owns a restaurant with a very cold meat locker. sounds like a good place to hide for a few days!:supcool:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
JasonASmith said:
Hello folks,
I just read the weather reports for the next 4 days...:waah:
The heat wave that his the central U.S. has reared its ugly head....
Here in PA. they have issued excessive heat watches up to and including Wednesday...
Get your water, your shade, and your A/C ready...
Take Care out there folks...

OH SO IT'S YOUR FAULT!!! :)

I just saw the weather for my area of NYS all week heat and thunderstorms. We haven't finished the cleanup from the last flood and more rain is coming.

And currently it’s a cool 85 degrees

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to be drinking several gallons of Gatorade this week, and will be sleeping on the floor. The dojo gets ridiculously HOT. At least my office is air conditioned...

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
With the heat index, it's supposed to feel like 108!!!!! OUCH!! Beats snow, to be honest with you. I hate snow, did I mention that yet?

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tkdgirl said:
With the heat index, it's supposed to feel like 108!!!!! OUCH!! Beats snow, to be honest with you. I hate snow, did I mention that yet?

You and me both. I love the heat. Bring it. (and yes, the water too.) :)

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm in upstate NY. It is HOT up here. The index yesterday was 105. YIKES!!! I am definitely a summer person (other than snowboarding) but this is a little bit TOO hot. I also hate the cold. I only snowboard on "warm" sunny winter days.

Latest Discussions